1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope this comes out this year instead of next year. I?m tired of just seeing Iron Man and Spider-Man over and over again from Hot Toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously hope HT includes Leia's saber, as I really want to be able to put her in that crossed-lightsaber pose from the end of the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Knowing HT they'll just leave that for a another version.
If they're going to wait, then so will I. I'm not preordering until I see some more lightsabers. Need at least Leia's and Rey's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was Leia and Reys lightsaber... I agree. I won't preorder until at MINIMUM Reys lightsaber is included.

Even though I don?t have an interest in this figure regardless, if I were to, I?d prefer it at least included Leia?s lightsaber over Rey?s. I?d imagine that crossed saber pose would be a popular pose for this figure, and Rey didn?t power up her own saber until the last 5 seconds of this trilogy. So for all intents and purposes for me, that isn?t a saber I?d display her with to represent this trilogy being that it wasn?t her saber in it/the saber(s) she used.

Even though I don?t have an interest in this figure regardless, if I were to, I?d prefer it at least included Leia?s lightsaber over Rey?s. I?d imagine that crossed saber pose would be a popular pose for this figure, and Rey didn?t power up her own saber until the last 5 seconds of this trilogy. So for all intents and purposes for me, that isn?t a saber I?d display her with to represent this trilogy being that it wasn?t her saber in it/the saber(s) she used.

Maybe not, but her yellow saber could still represent the culmination of her journey through the trilogy, as well as any further, post-TROS adventures she might go on to have.

Although if given the choice, I'd rather have Leia's saber as that one would be much harder to create ourselves. Rey's we could just put together from her existing staff if need be.

Maybe not, but her yellow saber could still represent the culmination of her journey through the trilogy, as well as any further, post-TROS adventures she might go on to have.

Although if given the choice, I'd rather have Leia's saber as that one would be much harder to create ourselves. Rey's we could just put together from her existing staff if need be.

Not the blade though

That?s true, but at that point, it?d essentially become an ESTU (extended sequel trilogy Rey) to me and not necessarily a ST. If I wanted to represent her during the ST, Skywalker and Leia sabers are the ones she actually wielded during the ST.

That?d be so awesome, but I think they?ll probably release that one as ?Rey Skywalker?

At the end of RotS, I almost wish she would have introduced herself to that lady as ?just Rey? as opposed to Rey Skywalker. To me, the Skywalker last name felt a bit forced, and I personally think it would have been better for her character as being her own character of ?just Rey? even after finding out what her lineage is and the journey she had been on, and decided that she still just wanted to be known as ?just Rey.?

I also think it would have lent to Leia?s advice of her not being afraid of who she is, with the irony of it being that she goes back to square one and comes to terms with who she is as ?just Rey,? the very thing she feared the entire trilogy of not knowing who she is.

That?s true, but at that point, it?d essentially become an ESTU (extended sequel trilogy Rey) to me and not necessarily a ST. If I wanted to represent her during the ST, Skywalker and Leia savers are the ones she actually wielded during the ST.

At the end of RotS, I almost wish she would have introduced herself to that lady as ?just Rey? as opposed to Rey Skywalker. To me, the Skywalker last name felt a bit forced, and I personally think it would have been better for her character as being her own character of ?just Rey? even after finding out what her lineage is and the journey she had been on, and decided that she still just wanted to be known as ?just Rey.?

I think that scene was originally longer and included a conversation between her and Luke between the sabers being buried and her talking to that lady which would?ve given the scene more context

They just dropped this down to $215 on Toys Wonderland. No tax and roughly the same shipping cost as Sideshow, that's a little more reasonable for this figure. If they improve the head and include the other sabers I'm in.

They just dropped this down to $215 on Toys Wonderland. No tax and roughly the same shipping cost as Sideshow, that's a little more reasonable for this figure. If they improve the head and include the other sabers I'm in.

They still might include the other sabers. Usually it?s about a month after the movie is released that they reveal additional accessories

They still might include the other sabers. Usually it?s about a month after the movie is released that they reveal additional accessories

Yeah I'm not too worried about it at this point. Seems like a given but . . . mistakes have been made. I remember it was awhile after TFA came out that they announced she'd include the saber.

I wonder why didn't they include a Kylo sculpt to TFA version if keeping accessories secret is possible.

That?s true, but at that point, it?d essentially become an ESTU (extended sequel trilogy Rey) to me and not necessarily a ST. If I wanted to represent her during the ST, Skywalker and Leia sabers are the ones she actually wielded during the ST.

I also think it would have lent to Leia?s advice of her not being afraid of who she is, with the irony of it being that she goes back to square one and comes to terms with who she is as ?just Rey,? the very thing she feared the entire trilogy of not knowing who she is.

she is not in square one, rey found her place in the universe, she is a jedi knight and by taking the skywalker name she feel she completed her mission of find her parents, it was not the ones who left her on jakku but the ones who showed her the path, her masters, luke and leia(they are father figures for rey)

I wonder why didn't they include a Kylo sculpt to TFA version if keeping accessories secret is possible.

Maybe Adam Driver hadn?t given his permission for the likeness rights yet

Back