1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They just dropped this down to $215 on Toys Wonderland. No tax and roughly the same shipping cost as Sideshow, that's a little more reasonable for this figure. If they improve the head and include the other sabers I'm in.

I just created an account with Toys Wonderland. How's their preorders fulfillment? Do they have problems or always fulfill? Do they double box as well?

They just dropped this down to $215 on Toys Wonderland. No tax and roughly the same shipping cost as Sideshow, that's a little more reasonable for this figure. If they improve the head and include the other sabers I'm in.

Are they legit? How has your experience been with them? Just looked at the pricing + shipping to the UK is better than Sideshow. I usually buy from HK ebay sellers though as there's usually no customs fees.

At the end of RotS, I almost wish she would have introduced herself to that lady as ?just Rey? as opposed to Rey Skywalker. To me, the Skywalker last name felt a bit forced, and I personally think it would have been better for her character as being her own character of ?just Rey? even after finding out what her lineage is and the journey she had been on, and decided that she still just wanted to be known as ?just Rey.?

I also think it would have lent to Leia?s advice of her not being afraid of who she is, with the irony of it being that she goes back to square one and comes to terms with who she is as ?just Rey,? the very thing she feared the entire trilogy of not knowing who she is.

Well she can call herself "Just Rey" all she wants, but her true last name would still be left hanging out there and be a hard one to forget. So replacing it completely with a name like Skywalker might be the better way to go.

In any case though, I saw that line more as just a grateful nod to Luke and Leia and a way to show her embracing her new path as a Jedi. I didn't get the sense she was really going to start telling everyone afterward "Hey guys, you need to call me Rey Skywalker now!" :D

I just created an account with Toys Wonderland. How's their preorders fulfillment? Do they have problems or always fulfill? Do they double box as well?
I've never preordered them before, however new figures seem to always be available upon release for the general public despite preorders.

I've only ordered from them once but my main and only complaint is that they didn't include the brown shipper. The art box was, however, still in the plastic sleeve, and it was generously wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped in a rather large box with the figure kind of floating in the middle.

Are they legit? How has your experience been with them? Just looked at the pricing + shipping to the UK is better than Sideshow. I usually buy from HK ebay sellers though as there's usually no customs fees.

As I stated above I've only ordered from them once, but I didn't have any issues. They charge the same amount for shipping as Sideshow does, and it gets there in the same amount of time from AROUND THE WORLD. Why Sideshow charges so much for shipping when anyone can ship the same package in the same time frame for half the price is baffling and frustrating.

As I stated above I've only ordered from them once, but I didn't have any issues. They charge the same amount for shipping as Sideshow does, and it gets there in the same amount of time from AROUND THE WORLD. Why Sideshow charges so much for shipping when anyone can ship the same package in the same time frame for half the price is baffling and frustrating.

Hmm, may try them sometime then. If I order from Toys Wonderland this figure costs me ?190 (incl. shipping) but it's around ?210 incl. shipping from Sideshow, then another ?40 approximately on customs fees.

Looks like everyone wants all the accessories in one Try.... Hot toys marketing said to CEO "how about release all the accessories but split into 3 releases of Rey. In that case we can maximize profits."
CEO: "awesome, that's the plan." Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

she is not in square one, rey found her place in the universe, she is a jedi knight and by taking the skywalker name she feel she completed her mission of find her parents, it was not the ones who left her on jakku but the ones who showed her the path, her masters, luke and leia(they are father figures for rey)

I get that, but I feel it would have been better for her character if instead of attempting to shoehorn the Skywalker name in there somehow by giving it to someone who isn?t a Skywalker, she came full circle and came to terms with the fact that she?s ?just Rey,? and is fine with that being her own identity. Her journey started out with her being sad about not knowing who she was and that her only name was Rey, so I feel it would have been fitting for her character that after her journey of finding out who her parents are and what her lineage is, she realized that she?s fine with being known as ?just Rey.? Like I said, I feel it also would have lent to Leia?s advice earlier in the film of not being afraid of who she is.

I?d also say Leia was more like a mother figure to her, not a father figure, being that she?s female. :lol

Well she can call herself "Just Rey" all she wants, but her true last name would still be left hanging out there and be a hard one to forget. So replacing it completely with a name like Skywalker might be the better way to go.

In any case though, I saw that line more as just a grateful nod to Luke and Leia and a way to show her embracing her new path as a Jedi. I didn't get the sense she was really going to start telling everyone afterward "Hey guys, you need to call me Rey Skywalker now!" :D

The audience would know, yes. But anyone in the SW universe who actually cares who her lineage is, is pretty much all gone. So I feel she?s essentially back at square one with being known as just Rey and as I?ve mentioned, I just feel it would have been neat for her character that the very thing she started out being afraid of, she came to terms with.

I get it was a nice nod to the Skywalker brood, but it felt a bit shoehorned to me. Like you said, her true last name is a pretty big deal, so simply replacing it with a different last name isn?t going to change that anymore than not adopting a surname at all wouldn?t.

I've never preordered them before, however new figures seem to always be available upon release for the general public despite preorders.

I've only ordered from them once but my main and only complaint is that they didn't include the brown shipper. The art box was, however, still in the plastic sleeve, and it was generously wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped in a rather large box with the figure kind of floating in the middle.

FYI Hong Kong figures don't get shippers except for like diecast figures.

I get that, but I feel it would have been better for her character if instead of attempting to shoehorn the Skywalker name in there somehow by giving it to someone who isn?t a Skywalker, she came full circle and came to terms with the fact that she?s ?just Rey,? and is fine with that being her own identity. Her journey started out with her being sad about not knowing who she was and that her only name was Rey, so I feel it would have been fitting for her character that after her journey of finding out who her parents are and what her lineage is, she realized that she?s fine with being known as ?just Rey.? Like I said, I feel it also would have lent to Leia?s advice earlier in the film of not being afraid of who she is.

I?d also say Leia was more like a mother figure to her, not a father figure, being that she?s female. :lol

The audience would know, yes. But anyone in the SW universe who actually cares who her lineage is, is pretty much all gone. So I feel she?s essentially back at square one with being known as just Rey and as I?ve mentioned, I just feel it would have been neat for her character that the very thing she started out being afraid of, she came to terms with.

I get it was a nice nod to the Skywalker brood, but it felt a bit shoehorned to me. Like you said, her true last name is a pretty big deal, so simply replacing it with a different last name isn?t going to change that anymore than not adopting a surname at all wouldn?t.

But as Solo illustrated, even in the Star Wars universe paperwork still needs a last name. Now she's not just a scavenger on a planet anymore so she'll be needing a speeder licence, not doubt an apartment lease, gas, electricity. You don't want a bureaucrat assigning a name or you end up with Rey Solo :monkey3

Well, BBTS is now sold out on the preorder for this. Must have had a small allotment for this figure.
Or Hot Toys is planning a short run.

I passed because of the questionable likeness and the lack of any new accessories from TROS.

I'm not really too worried. BBTS is usually the first to sell out anyway, and it's still available on AE and Timewalker. And will probably be on Sideshow for long after that.

Hopefully a better sculpt too.

4310c6ccd69ce470eb61bb24c00e50e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, BBTS is now sold out on the preorder for this. Must have had a small allotment for this figure.
Or Hot Toys is planning a short run.

I passed because of the questionable likeness and the lack of any new accessories from TROS.

BBTS 'sells out' of almost every HT on preorder and then has a bunch of them available after release. I wouldn't worry too much, it happens every time.

Back