1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In TFA she has kind of a baby face compared to ROS. Her face looks like it?s thinned out, especially around the jawline.

Is it just me or did Ridley really seem to age significantly in between TLJ and ROS? I?m not saying that as a negative, I think she looks great, but that age jump from 23 to 27 made a big difference.

I thought she definitely seemed a bit chunkier or puffier in TLJ for some reason, probably from being bulked up too much for the action scenes. I was glad to see her back to her slimmer self again in this movie.

Is it just me or did Ridley really seem to age significantly in between TLJ and ROS? I?m not saying that as a negative, I think she looks great, but that age jump from 23 to 27 made a big difference.

Yeah. Could also be lifestyle/stress/demands of film/career. Apparently there were a lot of reshoots so you'd have to go back again and again for long days on set.

I thought she did great in TROS - but I liked the scrappy TFA desert scavenger - the loneliness of her making a humble dinner and then BB8 - so stopped there. IMO original is beautiful fig.

IMO original is beautiful fig.

Agreed. I don’t think the sculpt is a solid effort, but I still think it’s the best one of the bunch that resembles DR the most.

TFA, RO, and JT Reys are an adequate Rey representation for me. I didn’t really like her TRoS outfit. I wish they would have used her JT outfit as her final Jedi outfit.

Rey-head2.gif

TFA, RO, and JT Reys are an adequate Rey representation for me. I didn?t really like her TRoS outfit. I wish they would have used her JT outfit as her final Jedi outfit.

They have to have her in different outfits to be able to sell toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think this will come out sooner than 2021? I remember it only being 8-9 months between reveal and release for Hot Toys figures

Agreed. I don’t think the sculpt is a solid effort, but I still think it’s the best one of the bunch that resembles DR the most.

TFA, RO, and JT Reys are an adequate Rey representation for me. I didn’t really like her TRoS outfit. I wish they would have used her JT outfit as her final Jedi outfit.

I do wish they would've changed her outfit up more from the TFA garb. That said, I understand why they did it. I think I remember Daisy saying it was because of her scenes with Carrie it had to be similar?

That said, I do actually like this outfit a good bit. The hood does it for me. I have Jakku Rey, Resistance Rey to represent TLJ, and I'll probably grab this if the HS is improved.

They have to have her in different outfits to be able to sell toys

Of course, but I wish the JT outfit was the culmination of her outfits.

I do wish they would've changed her outfit up more from the TFA garb. That said, I understand why they did it. I think I remember Daisy saying it was because of her scenes with Carrie it had to be similar?

That said, I do actually like this outfit a good bit. The hood does it for me. I have Jakku Rey, Resistance Rey to represent TLJ, and I'll probably grab this if the HS is improved.

TFA and TRoS outfits are too similar in appearance to me to justify having both, and between the two, I like her TFA outfit (and sculpt) better. The three I already have I feel are all vastly different looks for her, so I’m content with those.

Of course, but I wish the JT outfit was the culmination of her outfits.

I have her in her JT outfit with her TFA head. I think I?ll get the belt and saber from her TROS outfit so that it?ll be a combination of all three

TFA and TRoS outfits are too similar in appearance to me to justify having both, and between the two, I like her TFA outfit (and sculpt) better. The three I already have I feel are all vastly different looks for her, so I?m content with those.

d56e8c174732434efe7c819be3bedd9d.jpg

Which do you all think is the definitive figure of Rey?

I’d say the TFA look. She had it for 95% of the film; TLJ left me cold and she wore both the Resistance and Jedi Training outfits in it, and the TROS costume was just the TFA one but in white.

I'd get TFA Rey, but the eyes seem so buggy. It almost reminds me of a Margaret Keane painting.

I'd get TFA Rey, but the eyes seem so buggy. It almost reminds me of a Margaret Keane painting.

As with most HT figure sculpts, it can look a little bug eyed in images. But also(As with most HT sculpts), it does look great in hand, when viewed by your eyes alone, and in natural light, with no flash, etc.

Isn't this outfit far too white? It looked a lot more off white thoughout the movie to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TFA all the way. But accessories of Rey in TROS is far more exciting.

Isn't this outfit far too white? It looked a lot more off white thoughout the movie to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a Rey cosplayer lemme tell you, I've spent a lot of time analysing the whites of this costume :lol If you wanted to be super accurate, the shirt should be more off white, pants are the brightest white of the whole costume. Arm wraps should be more cream, same as the bag. Tabards should be more sheer/see through. But given the scale of the figure not all of that is possible :lol The costume definitely became more cream through a lot of the movie though given that it got sandy/dirty quite often.

Back