1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't we just go back to complaining about the likeness and the fact the hair isn't messy enough?

And miss this?:dunno:lol

1c6.gif

Is it possible to disccus about a TLJ figure without trashing the movie itself?
Suicide Squad was a terrible movie, however freaks were discussing the Harley Quinn figure itself without trashing the movie every 2 comments.

This Luke is a good representation of Luke Skywalker as the Old Jedi Master he could(should?) have been. If you don't like the TLJ movie no need to post angry comments about the figure TMO.

Suicide Squad was an horrible movie, however freaks were discussing the Harley Quinn figure itself without trashing the movie every 2 comments.

I have no idea why the fanbase thinks we need to hear their ire. I have no desire to hear a relentless tirade of people who were somehow unhappy about what they saw in the movie, as though their opinion is anything other than personal. Even this old"Many people feel the same as i do!!!" arguement holds no water. So what if "many people agree" with you? It's still only opinion.
I long for the old days when people didn't like movies they saw and they went on with their life as though the director hadn't ruined it...
I hate the guardians of the galaxy movies. Absolute rubbish from beginning to end. I'll say no more on the subject, but i'll just avoid them from now on. I don't feel the need to enter the GOTG HT threads to let people know.
For all the comments that will come about "I have the right to tell you my opinion", well that's true. You still sound like a little girl crying because someone stole her dolly.
These posts which constantly trash the film are getting old. I know what they are saying. It's not the best of the SW movies, not by a long shot. But there are a lot of clever parts.
The *good* thing is that a lot of prequel trashers are now sighted squarely at TLJ rather than my prized EPs of I, II, and III, lol.

This Luke is a good representation of Luke Skywalker as the Old Jedi Master he could(should?) have been. If you don't like the TLJ movie no need to post angry comments about the figure TMO.

Exactly.
This is a good version of an older, wiser, Luke.
Regardless of whether the viewer liked the movie.

I have no idea why the fanbase thinks we need to hear their ire. I have no desire to hear a relentless tirade of people who were somehow unhappy about what they saw in the movie, as though their opinion is anything other than personal. Even this old"Many people feel the same as i do!!!" arguement holds no water. So what if "many people agree" with you? It's still only opinion.
I long for the old days when people didn't like movies they saw and they went on with their life as though the director hadn't ruined it...
I hate the guardians of the galaxy movies. Absolute rubbish from beginning to end. I'll say no more on the subject, but i'll just avoid them from now on. I don't feel the need to enter the GOTG HT threads to let people know.
For all the comments that will come about "I have the right to tell you my opinion", well that's true. You still sound like a little girl crying because someone stole her dolly.
These posts which constantly trash the film are getting old. I know what they are saying. It's not the best of the SW movies, not by a long shot. But there are a lot of clever parts.
The *good* thing is that a lot of prequel trashers are now sighted squarely at TLJ rather than my prized EPs of I, II, and III, lol.

Glad to see that I am not the only one thinking like that. Totally agree with you.
Leave Old Luke alone :lol

Suicide Squad was a terrible movie, however freaks were discussing the Harley Quinn figure itself without trashing the movie every 2 comments.

SW fans are a different breed.

Star Wars are like politics in America lately... And I agree about Guardians, the second movie was really bad. Liked the first though.

Just wish the head sculpt on this one was as good as the recent Return of the Jedi figure. Then maybe i would break down and make it an EU Luke. Oh well, save the cash for Endor Luke and Death Star Trooper.

SW fans are a different breed.

This is a key point. I'm a fan and defender of TLJ, but no matter how much I disagree with the constant complaining that gets posted in these threads, I know that it comes with the territory. It's a sign of a passionate fanbase who takes these movies, and these characters, very personally. They care deeply. That's actually a great thing, imo.

I know that it gets old to keep having to read the same movie complaints in every thread pertaining to a TLJ figure (and many figure threads that aren't even TLJ-related :lol), but I don't think most people are doing it just to be a-holes. They genuinely feel like the movies and characters they grew up idolizing got damaged, and it's hard for them to just move on from that.

I like that this fanbase gets disgruntled, and even angry, because then I know that it means a lot to them. And SW means a lot to me too. What I do object to, however, is when the hate/complaints get personal, or when some of the repeated criticisms can easily be refuted by what's actually on screen. That's all entirely avoidable, and very unnecessary for SW fans (who should be better than that).

Star Wars wouldn't be such a cultural phenomenon as a franchise if its fans didn't care enough to get really passionate about it. Sometimes they just need to vent . . . a lot. :lol

This is a key point. I'm a fan and defender of TLJ, but no matter how much I disagree with the constant complaining that gets posted in these threads, I know that it comes with the territory. It's a sign of a passionate fanbase who takes these movies, and these characters, very personally. They care deeply. That's actually a great thing, imo.

I know that it gets old to keep having to read the same movie complaints in every thread pertaining to a TLJ figure (and many figure threads that aren't even TLJ-related :lol), but I don't think most people are doing it just to be a-holes. They genuinely feel like the movies and characters they grew up idolizing got damaged, and it's hard for them to just move on from that.

I like that this fanbase gets disgruntled, and even angry, because then I know that it means a lot to them. And SW means a lot to me too. What I do object to, however, is when the hate/complaints get personal, or when some of the repeated criticisms can easily be refuted by what's actually on screen. That's all entirely avoidable, and very unnecessary for SW fans (who should be better than that).

Star Wars wouldn't be such a cultural phenomenon as a franchise if its fans didn't care enough to get really passionate about it. Sometimes they just need to vent . . . a lot. :lol

Very well put

I understand what you saying, being a part of it myself.

BUT,

Its probably important to remember a few things. Its very unhealthy to spend so much time continually revisiting things that disappointment/anger a person. Its mentally draining an becomes a source of stress. Also , it might be better for folks to spend more time in reality putting the effort they spend into a fictional universe into their real universe.

I, myself, realized how unhealthy it is to obsess over a film I did not like. Its one thing to be passionate about a love, be it literature, film, art or music...

Its quite another to obsess over something one purports to dislike. Its better for your mental health to focus on the positives of the franchise and skip the negative, as many of our member do.

After all this time , I cant help but think of this gif when I see someone on a tirade about TLJ......again...

giphy.gif

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

If I didn't love this figure and hadn't been waiting for it since the film, I would have probably already left this thread by now....

:goodpost:

I understand what you saying, being a part of it myself.

BUT,

Its probably important to remember a few things. Its very unhealthy to spend so much time continually revisiting things that disappointment/anger a person. Its mentally draining an becomes a source of stress. Also , it might be better for folks to spend more time in reality putting the effort they spend into a fictional universe into their real universe.

I, myself, realized how unhealthy it is to obsess over a film I did not like. Its one thing to be passionate about a love, be it literature, film, art or music...

Its quite another to obsess over something one purports to dislike. Its better for your mental health to focus on the positives of the franchise and skip the negative, as many of our member do.

After all this time , I cant help but think of this gif when I see someone on a tirade about TLJ......again...

giphy.gif

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

giphy.gif

:lol

How on earth Neb took using Hilter as an example about drawing an opinion of someone you've never met, to comparing RJ with Hilter, is beyond comprehension?

Oh, and I also really dislike RJ because of his appalling social media antics with the fans. He's "supposed" to be an industry professional working at the highest level, yet he conducts himself like a petulant child who lashes out whenever his ego is being "attacked." Yet he, tit for tat, attacks fans by calling them a plethora of names... then he retreats, and deletes 20,000 tweets, then he lashes out again. Such a joke of a "man."

I can't ever seen Spielberg, Cameron, or any of the true industry professionals lowering themselves to such juvenile behavior on a constant basis.

Either way... if people like TLJ, all the power to you - I don't care one way or another, but I can't stand people of power/influence fail to recognize their level of responsibility.

Back