1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the figure...

TaPLfdj.png
Looks pretty good there.

OK, so we have 3 of 4 Lukes from The Last Jedi...

Come on Hot toys, bring us Master "Fury" Luke :rotfl

Mantelband_Stola_off_white.jpg

main-qimg-4c7740cc11dd04c57db81d047eb6a43f

I'm torn between this and Rotj version. Should be nobrainer to pick Rotj but it isnt.

If you really can only pick one it shouldn’t even be a debate. I’d definitely go with Return of the Jedi as it’s far more definitive. This is a brief appearance where he wasn’t even actually physically there. I might get this one at some point just because I like the character of Luke but I’m not overly enthused to pre-order.

The ROTJ is one of my favorites, but i always loved that version of Luke, going way back to the Kenner days, even as a young lad i thought it so cool he was all in black, so i would definitely get that one between these two :)

And yes i bet you they will make a fury version, why not :) Wonder if they will have some blue glowing version for episode 9, unless their are flashbacks i guess

It looks more idealized than he looked in the film, but that's not a bad thing. That will sell it to people who hated TLJ who still want a representation of older Jedi Master Luke on their shelf.

How on earth Neb took using Hilter as an example about drawing an opinion of someone you've never met, to comparing RJ with Hilter, is beyond comprehension?

Oh, and I also really dislike RJ because of his appalling social media antics with the fans. He's "supposed" to be an industry professional working at the highest level, yet he conducts himself like a petulant child who lashes out whenever his ego is being "attacked." Yet he, tit for tat, attacks fans by calling them a plethora of names... then he retreats, and deletes 20,000 tweets, then he lashes out again. Such a joke of a "man."

I can't ever seen Spielberg, Cameron, or any of the true industry professionals lowering themselves to such juvenile behavior on a constant basis.

Either way... if people like TLJ, all the power to you - I don't care one way or another, but I can't stand people of power/influence fail to recognize their level of responsibility.

You made the comparison of not having met Hitler and still hating him, to not having met Rian and still hating him. I pointed out that the things they have done are in completely different leagues and that if you can't see that, it's pretty dumb. Not sure how that's still hard for you to comprehend. Again, you brought up Hitler, I said that was a stupid comparison. And yes, the way you brought him up and the context that was used was a comparison to RJ.

RJ doesn't attack fans. He has no issue with people who just dislike TLJ. He talks back at those specifically who harass the cast and crew directly as people, such as the guy who made a video of himself tearing apart a Rey action figure and saying he hopes Daisy Ridley and her career die, or the people who were endlessly racist/sexist to Kelly Marie Tran on instagram. So, are you saying that these adults who are spewing hatred at the cast/crew have done nothing wrong and are just innocent bystanders that mean ole Rian is attacking? Btw if you think Rian is all of that, then you must really hate Mark Hamill too. He does the same thing.

Anyway, I'm done trying to reason with you. There's a lot of cool people in these forums, but a hand full of you are pretty blind to how toxic and salty you are over a movie. A year+ and you guys are still crying and bitching about Rian, Kathleen Kennedy, etc and how so and so ruined your childhood. lol.

You made the comparison of not having met Hitler and still hating him, to not having met Rian and still hating him. I pointed out that the things they have done are in completely different leagues and that if you can't see that, it's pretty dumb. Not sure how that's still hard for you to comprehend. Again, you brought up Hitler, I said that was a stupid comparison. And yes, the way you brought him up and the context that was used was a comparison to RJ.

RJ doesn't attack fans. He has no issue with people who just dislike TLJ. He talks back at those specifically who harass the cast and crew directly as people, such as the guy who made a video of himself tearing apart a Rey action figure and saying he hopes Daisy Ridley and her career die, or the people who were endlessly racist/sexist to Kelly Marie Tran on instagram. So, are you saying that these adults who are spewing hatred at the cast/crew have done nothing wrong and are just innocent bystanders that mean ole Rian is attacking? Btw if you think Rian is all of that, then you must really hate Mark Hamill too. He does the same thing.

Anyway, I'm done trying to reason with you. There's a lot of cool people in these forums, but a hand full of you are pretty blind to how toxic and salty you are over a movie. A year+ and you guys are still crying and bitching about Rian, Kathleen Kennedy, etc and how so and so ruined your childhood. lol.

Not sure what you're meaning, but TLJ was released a little under ten months ago.

Mark Hamill has made it pretty clear he doesn't like TLJ, or RJ for that matter. RJ called Hamill a mother ****er on stage because he (Hamill) was asked how he would have handled the character - and Rj spewed out "Yeah, how would you have handled it mother ****er."

Being the blind, RJ loving fool that you are, you can justify it that he was "joking," or whatever you want... but again, a very unprofessional way to conduct ones self.

Anyone with half a brain would also condemn the way those imbeciles you mentioned have been carrying on - they are toxic, disturbed people. And RJ hasn't "ruined my childhood" by any means. Again, I couldn't care less. But I don't like his poorly written and directed film, and I don't like him either... and yes, I would happily tell him to his face.

But hey, you love him, and that's cool. But please get off your soap box and don't tell me I can't form an opinion of him.

Not sure what you're meaning, but TLJ was released a little under ten months ago.

While Tali is technically correct, I think its a safe bet the same people will be bitching about TLJ for years if not decades....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

While Tali is technically correct, I think its a safe bet the same people will be bitching about TLJ for years if not decades....

I think the door swings both ways - some people seem to blindly defend it, and others blindly hate it.

Figure looks great! And did they revise the lightsaber blade? It seems slightly thicker and more screen accurate.

I always state that I am a massive Star Wars fan and the films growing up were life affirming. I also state that I don't like TPM and that TLJ is the worst film I have ever seen. That stance will remain as my dislike of TPM has.

I'll give you concise honesty. Star Wars was something I really enjoyed when I was a kid growing up in the 80s. In the present day I would like to look forward to seeing new SW movies but I can't after Kennedy and Johnson trashed the franchise with an agenda. And they knew exactly what they were doing, so yeah I don't like them. The end.

Hear, hear!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Figure looks great! And did they revise the lightsaber blade? It seems slightly thicker and more screen accurate.

What’s funny to me is they included the swoosh effect blade when his Force projection didn’t once swing his saber if I recall correctly.

I'll give you concise honesty. Star Wars was something I really enjoyed when I was a kid growing up in the 80s. In the present day I would like to look forward to seeing new SW movies but I can't after Kennedy and Johnson trashed the franchise with an agenda. And they knew exactly what they were doing, so yeah I don't like them. The end.

The ST is what it is, and there are many good things in it, but the sad thing in TLJ was just how decent Hamill has become as an older actor (partly why I want a TLJ Luke - maybe not this one though if the sculpt doesn't get a tweak.)

As I've said before, I would've loved to have seen new SW movies where he was a co-lead as a kickass older Jedi (I know Hamill is no Neeson or Washington, but in the style of Taken or The Equalizer) - not the "old bearded guy who has to die because he's over fifty." This need to reboot with youth - while essentially delivering the exact same story already told - is a constant Hollywood studio note, yet the audience for SW remains very much older and male. I'm not sure there even is this "whole new generation of SW fans" everyone likes to talk about - the data disproves it. It's majority the people who were kids for the OT and PT who bring their families/friends, totally unlike the massive child demographic of the OT.

I'm not saying an older Hamill and Ford wouldn't share the story with younger characters, even co-leads, but just to see them as leads carrying the story of a new trilogy, rather than the ageist "old guys who must impart wisdom then die," (and flying in the face of way more able older people today, and older demographics of Western societies) would have been cool.

For me, this figure kind encapsulates "what could have been" - a new trilogy with Hamill leading the charge as an older Jedi - not Mr. Sourgrapesn'die.

Back