1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - SPECULA

Umm... I'm not sure how you are counting "3". The one being suggested here would only be the second from Last Jedi. I of course am not counting that there is both a regular and deluxe version of the same figure. Nor am I counting the Luke Figure from Force Awakens even though he wears the same outfit for like a minute in LJ as it rehashes the final scene from Force Awakens and only expands that scene briefly.

So there is really only 1 Luke figure we know of that they are making so far from Last Jedi, and even though Luke is no longer the "star" of the movie he is beloved Star Wars character in general and the version being suggested here is one that represents the very climax of the movie. It's a big moment of the story. I am not sure why you think Luke in this scene isn't relevant enough to warrant a figure? or why making this Luke figure would mean there would be "too many Lukes"?

He does wear his TFA outfit several more times throughout TLJ, including Luke's last scene in the movie. I agree they'll likely make this force projection version though.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - SPECULA

As much as I'd like to buy Rey, Ahch-To Luke and Kylo, THIS will be my purchase from Hot Toys' Last Jedi offerings. Unless I stumble upon some more money. :lol

I'm still waiting for more screens from the movie to come out. I want a wallpaper of that moment we see Luke from behind with the AT-ATs or whatever they're being called now out in front of him.

As much as I'd like to buy Rey, Ahch-To Luke and Kylo, THIS will be my purchase from Hot Toys' Last Jedi offerings. Unless I stumble upon some more money. :lol

I'm still waiting for more screens from the movie to come out. I want a wallpaper of that moment we see Luke from behind with the AT-ATs or whatever they're being called now out in front of him.

Not a great resolution, but it here goes...

lukecrait.png

Force projection Luke will come with a badass picture of Luke on the front of the box, but when you open it up there won't be anything inside...

LOL! If I ever sell my Hot Toys Wonder Woman, I’ll throw in her invisible jet at no extra charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in. But I'm not sure if my bank account is.

Must-Have, and what others say, you can never have enough Luke's. He might not be the "star" of the new movies, but he is still the one we where al waiting to see in this movie. Now 2 Captain Phasma's, thats enough :p

Did he show up like that because that was the last vision that Kylo (Ben) remembered about Luke? Always wondered why he looked different for a projection :dunno

Luke told Rey, that Kylo thought he killed him that night, so maybe Kylo never went back

Did he show up like that because that was the last vision that Kylo (Ben) remembered about Luke? Always wondered why he looked different for a projection :dunno

Luke told Rey, that Kylo thought he killed him that night, so maybe Kylo never went back

Yes, because that’s how Ben and Leia remember him. And also he’s showing up there to accept the mantle of the legendary Luke Skywalker everybody has created, so this is that idealized version. Also why he has the Skywalker lightsaber back, even though we saw it broken.

Last edited:

Yes, because that’s how Ben and Leia remember him. And also he’s showing up there to accept the mantle of the legendary Luke Skywalker everybody has created, so this is that idealized version.

Ah I guess I forgot that Leia hasn't seen him for a long time as well..makes sense. I guess Leia wouldn't want to see Luke all fat.

Huh, I've seen the movie twice, and somehow I still missed the fact they had some smaller ESB-style AT-ATs mixed in with the newer ones.

It was very apparent due to the size difference on the commercials leading up to the release. I had commented in another thread about the mix awhile back, but I think the stuff from the commercial that made it stand out didn't get used in the film, because in the theater I didn't fine it as noticeable.

I'm totally up for this. I think I'll end up with all these Lukes. I had planned to skip the TFA one, but he was in that outfit a good deal in TLJ, and I do like it. And I love his "Island Wear" gear. This, though, just feels iconic. It's the moment when he gives the galaxy back the legend of Luke Skywalker.

When I saw Luke do that matrix lean as a projection, I was so bummed that we couldn’t get an actual real duel between Kylo and Luke. Adam and Mark worked well together just as good as Adam and Harrison were.

You can really tell Mark was up for a real Luke vs Kylo final duel.. damn you Rian :thud:

Right now this is probably my most wanted character to have as a HT figure. I hope they make him.

HT would be smart to make it, it might even increase sales for the other Ep7/8 legacy figures. Hell I'd love to display Crait Luke with, Ep7 Han and Ep8 Leia.

When I saw Luke do that matrix lean as a projection, I was so bummed that we couldn’t get an actual real duel between Kylo and Luke. Adam and Mark worked well together just as good as Adam and Harrison were.

You can really tell Mark was up for a real Luke vs Kylo final duel.. damn you Rian :thud:

Yeah it might have been cool to see a real lightsaber battle at the end... but personally I thought it was a lot more clever and fun the way they did it, with Luke simply toying with Kylo the entire time and basically making him look like a complete fool. :)

It also makes Luke seem a whole lot more impressive that he could pull something like that off. The only thing I would probably change is just not having him die afterwards from the effort.

I might get him. I was looking to get an Old Luke to put with my ANH Luke and Jedi Luke (when ever he's released).

Yeah it might have been cool to see a real lightsaber battle at the end... but personally I thought it was a lot more clever and fun the way they did it, with Luke simply toying with Kylo the entire time and basically making him look like a complete fool. :)

It also makes Luke seem a whole lot more impressive that he could pull something like that off. The only thing I would probably change is just not having him die afterwards from the effort.

Agreed. This was SO much more Jedi than a big lightsaber battle would have been.

“Just for Men” Luke?

Yeah, that Chuck Norris aspect totally took me out of it - noticed it as soon as he appeared at the not-Hoth base. People seem to be retconning it as "it's how Kylo would remember him" (which if you think about it for more than two seconds, doesn't make a whole lot of sense) but to me it was instantly clear that something was up, even if "up" meant "Luke dyed his beard for his big return - wtf?":lol

It was a truly bizarre decision that the explanation (not sure if it's fan-driven or somehow official) really doesn't explain.

The dice thing was also really weird - like Luke has died, but the holo-dice are still there on the floor waiting for Kylo... like if Kylo never came in, would they be there?

The other weird thing that TLJ muddled for me in regards to the Luke/hologram thing is what's the real difference between a force ghost and a force holo-projection? Yoda's able to not just "visit/talk to" the living, but actually affect objects/events in the real world despite being dead/a ghost, while Luke is able to make himself like a force ghost (talking to the living and directly interacting) while still alive from some distant galaxy. So... what's the effective difference between life and death if you're a Jedi? The difference just got a whole lot less.

Agreed. This was SO much more Jedi than a big lightsaber battle would have been.

It was also SO much safer to phone it in. What Luke should have done is not said so many witty zingers or toyed with Kylo for so long, making his holo-projection time much shorter... and thereby not having to die! (It did seem like the experience was only JUST exhausting enough to kill him, and a little less he may have survived) Sometimes it's better not to be the smart*ss, right?:lecture:lol

I don't see myself buying any nu Star Wars figures, but if I did, this would be pretty high up the list. "Fake News" Luke.

Back