Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rex.jpg

Seems like it. The blue also wraps further round the helmet on the HT.

Doesn't look like it on the HT. And also, the welding makr does not goes over blue region on the faceplate. But it is not a problem since this is more realistic.

PD1589170859S6U.jpg

I sent an e-mail to Facebook. I am not sure if design them will bother to correct it though. The more people write about it, the better chance they correct it.

What's the problem with that? Those grooves are on the live action Phase II, they are just excluded from the animation. They should be there.

I'm aware of previous comments and the debate between realistic/animated, but this has already been established as being a more realistic take on Rex, if anything the grooves not being on the animated version is the problem and not the other way around.

I'm aware of previous comments and the debate between realistic/animated, but this has already been established as being a more realistic take on Rex, if anything the grooves not being on the animated version is the problem and not the other way around.

I agree, but my comment was for the other guy who was quoted in my post - He seemed to be bothered.

The grooves I can tolerate even though it's not accurate to the anime version. The live version hasn't been established yet has it? The welds crossing over into the blue is what annoys me on the HT version.

The grooves I can tolerate even though it's not accurate to the anime version. The live version hasn't been established yet has it? The welds crossing over into the blue is what annoys me on the HT version.

The welds crossing over the blue makes sense though, the design makes no sense without it. It's supposed to be 2 helmets welded together, yet they don't join at the ends?

The sideshow version had the exact same thing, as do the black series figures.

The welds crossing over the blue makes sense though, the design makes no sense without it. It's supposed to be 2 helmets welded together, yet they don't join at the ends?

The sideshow version had the exact same thing, as do the black series figures.

Well it appears that HT just copied the SSC version with improvements instead of staying true to the reference material provided by TCW tv show. The welds crossing over probably wouldn't bother as much if they weld grinder to a smooth surface as most welds are

I've been pretty much out of the Hot Toys game but this and Mando will pull me back in. Plus, I know an Ashoka will be on the way and if she ends up looking cool in Mandalorian than I'm sure I won't be able to resist.

I do love that I still see some of the clone wars charm in this piece. Doesn't look totally realistic to me unless you cant the helmet off. Hard to explain. Would anyone else be into a more animated hot toys line to match their clone wars look, sort of like the into the spiderverse line?

I'd like a siege of mandalore Ashoka. But in any case, happy to have this guy coming down the pipeline. Clone wars has been my favorite star wars material since the OT.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've been pretty much out of the Hot Toys game but this and Mando will pull me back in.

That's how it happened with me. Likely for many others as well given how quickly prices on the aftermarket are shooting up for HT Star Wars figures at the moment.

Would anyone else be into a more animated hot toys line to match their clone wars look, sort of like the into the spiderverse line?

Personally, I wouldn't, only because I'd like to have a single unified 1/6 Star Wars collection.

I see the upside with that too. I dont have a collection for anything to fit into though, but if I did I'd probably feel the same.

But I guess since I'm getting mando and the child eventually, it'll be better to look they all belong together.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

501st arc troopers Jesse and Fives would definitely be a no-brainer from Hot Toys. In fact I strongly believe they would be the next releases from TCW.

Initially I wanted regular phase 1 and 2 clone trooper. Now, I included Rex. May use Jesse as phase 2 since there are no white ones in the movies.

Initially I wanted regular phase 1 and 2 clone trooper. Now, I included Rex. May use Jesse as phase 2 since there are no white ones in the movies.

I'd love if they made a figure with swap out parts, so you don't need to buy just a Phase 1 Trooper then wait a year for a Phase 2 trooper to come out. Just include the parts as a deluxe release. But I'm dreaming and should go back to sleep.

That's unlikely, but if they make arc trooper accessories removable, they can be switched between regular and arc trooper at least.

Back