Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rex is from later in the series, so if they go with that timeline, obi wan and anakin just dressed as they do in ROTS (think they dumped the armour after the end of the second season in fact).

Considering Anakin has the faux leather tunic, I'd rather see the clone wars armor too. It'll stand the test of time better.

Also if they mixed it up just a little with the armor, different colored tunic, maybe slightly different hair, etc they could get some collectors who already own both to double dip and buy them again along with newer collectors. A straight reissue would be just trying get the collectors who were not around the a couple years ago.

The Rex is from later in the series, so if they go with that timeline, obi wan and anakin just dressed as they do in ROTS (think they dumped the armour after the end of the second season in fact).

Well yeah but they're not going to just re-release those figures, that wouldn't make sense now seeing how long they lasted. They can satisfy demand and also get previous buyers to get new figures if they gave them different looks.

Regarding wearability of Ahsoka helmet, it was said that it is listed as an accessory rather than part of costume. Just for curiosity, I looked at other figures to see how they listed those helmets.
In Han Solo stormtrooper disguise, helmet is also listed as accessory. So I think listed as accessory does not show that it can't be put on the figure. However, the one in Solo was lisyed as interchangeable. That may be the key word.
IMG_20200517_102313.jpg

Well yeah but they're not going to just re-release those figures, that wouldn't make sense now seeing how long they lasted. They can satisfy demand and also get previous buyers to get new figures if they gave them different looks.

You just need to add a couple of elements, or change it slightly. Look at sith eyed anakin, fundamentally identical, or the extras they added to jedi Luke. The cost to do that is smaller and the profit margin bigger.

Any way you look at it, realistic interpretations of those characters are going to be so similar to the figures already released, I imagine most star wars fans will not bother buying ANOTHER Anakin, ANOTHER obi wan, ANOTHER Dooku etc.

Sales would inevitably be lower on those characters so soon after their last release, so might be risky to invest a lot in them. Probably a safer bet to develop figures that don't already exist.

The Battlefront 2 version has a cloth tunic. They said they couldn't add anything to the game unless approved by Disney, so I'd assume it's accurate.

maxresdefault.jpg

I would say battlefront did get it wrong. He also never had long hair in that outfit.

In clone wars, its armour over his AOTC costume, which is leather.
Also, all of the clone wars action figures released of that outfit also represent it as leather. It would be an oddity if it wasn't.

I would say battlefront did get it wrong.

In clone wars, its armour over his AOTC costume, which is leather.
Also, all of the clone wars action figures released of that outfit also represent it as leather. It would be an oddity if it wasn't.

It?s not though over his AOTC outfit though? He didn?t wear a long blue tunic over a maroon colour in the movie. It?s a totally different outfit.

Also portrayed as cloth on Vintage Collection figure.
The-Vintage-Collection-Anakin-Skywalker-Clone-Wars_Big_2.jpg

It?s not though over his AOTC outfit though? He didn?t wear a long blue tunic over a maroon colour in the movie. It?s a totally different outfit.

Also portrayed as cloth on Vintage Collection figure.
View attachment 485274

Yeah this is what I had in mind when I mentioned blue, I haven't seen majority of TCW, but had this figure and thought this is how he appeared.

His hair grew over the course or the show to match up to his RotS length so it should be accurate to the later seasons of the show.

But he only wore the armour in seasons 1 and 2, and he had short hair. When his hair was longer in the later seasons, no armour.

Back