Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, thank you very much. There is a lots of combination with Han and Luke stormtroopers version. Need to think very well.

Does Hot Toys Stormtrooper is worth more then double then Sideshow version?
I got on my way HT ANH Vader in few days so i want join him some Stormtrooper.
My plan was HT one but i can buy Sideshow version for more then double price difference.
I got sandies from HT and Sideshow side by side and i am happy with both of them.
Hope there is no radical difference between Stormies.

In a word, yes.

You have a few options:

1. Wait for a good deal on an ANH single or two pack. If you're patient, it happens.

2. Pick up a Han in Stormtrooper disguise figure.

3. If you don't mind the differences, a clean Rogue One Stormtrooper is an option.

But any one of those, I would take any day over the Sideshow Stormtrooper.

Which was an okay figure in its day, but I don't think it has aged well outside of a background figure. For all the reasons earthdog mentioned, which I agree with 100%. If you're only getting one or two Stormtroopers, I think it's worth paying a bit more to have the best looking display.

here is my imperial army. there is the hot toys ANH 2pack and there are some mixed of hot toys and marmit armor and helmets and then there is sideshow. IMG_0358.jpg

One of my troopers is short of a leg peg from a fall from the second detolf floor. I'd like to remove all armor and undersuit to examine the damage. Is there anyone on the forum who knows how to perform a proper undressing of the figure with out damaging any fragile parts?
Many thanks in advance!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

It's not that bad, and unless you completely man-handle it, it's not that fragile.

The arm and leg armor is held in place by friction against pads on the body, so once you remove the feet and hands, they will slide/pull off.

If memory serves, the chest plate needs to come off first (and go on last). I think there is one velcro "tab" on a lower side. Once that is done, it should pull up over the helmet-less neck peg. It's the front and the back attached by the strap? on the shoulder, which has some flexible give. It's probably the part you want to be most careful with. Don't jack it waaaay open to get it over the arms...just enough.

Now you can see what you're doing, because the shoulder bells (separate) and ab armor are in place by elastic bands, some of which cross over. Just keep in mind how those look before you undo them and you'll be all set. If by some chance an elastic end comes undone, it can easily be reattached with super glue.

Hope that helps.

It's not that bad, and unless you completely man-handle it, it's not that fragile.

The arm and leg armor is held in place by friction against pads on the body, so once you remove the feet and hands, they will slide/pull off.

If memory serves, the chest plate needs to come off first (and go on last). I think there is one velcro "tab" on a lower side. Once that is done, it should pull up over the helmet-less neck peg. It's the front and the back attached by the strap? on the shoulder, which has some flexible give. It's probably the part you want to be most careful with. Don't jack it waaaay open to get it over the arms...just enough.

Now you can see what you're doing, because the shoulder bells (separate) and ab armor are in place by elastic bands, some of which cross over. Just keep in mind how those look before you undo them and you'll be all set. If by some chance an elastic end comes undone, it can easily be reattached with super glue.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply!

Problem is I can't see how the chest armor(connected with shoulder armor) would be able to come off without damaging it. All those freaking flexible bands are killing me, they are all glued to the armor! If the chest pice is removed then everything else will be a piece of cake. I might post some photos if that would help sorting this mess out?

Anyway, thank you for helping me out and I'll try my best at fixing him up

Yeah Troopers always look better in groups. Or at least that's the justification I use for buying so many variants anyway... :p

I want a Trooper badly but not sure which one to go for, I like the ANH and the RO equally... I do have all of the RO figures so thinking of just completing it, lol.

I've heard that these Troopers go yellow overtime, is this every line of Stormtrooper?

I want a Trooper badly but not sure which one to go for, I like the ANH and the RO equally... I do have all of the RO figures so thinking of just completing it, lol.

I've heard that these Troopers go yellow overtime, is this every line of Stormtrooper?

None of my troopers are yellowing, and I have Medicom, Sideshow and Hot Toys Stormies

They're like gremlins. Keep outta sunlight and you'll be fine.
Especially direct sunlight.

Back