Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6873145077c5cd206cff7841e7557f6f.jpg

Is that a regular ANH trooper with the Spacetrooper gun, or did you mod a Spacetrooper by removing the back pack and helmet hose?

So glad I also picked up a couple of these guys recently for a decent price. Was looking for a while though. They just look superb to me.

P.S Just noticed this. You might want to adjust the gap between top of thigh armour and pants armour on the front Trooper to be more like the rear ones.

Just for the record, Stormtroopers are my favorite part of Staw Wars. In fact, armored figures are the majority of my collection. I think for me it's the RO shin armor and shoes that throw it off. When I look @ pictures of the figures, my eyes are always drawn to that spot. Are they great figures, sure! But IMHO ANH wins every time. Also say what you want, but I much prefer the velcro belt and having a holster on my troopers.

Agree with the holdsters, RO troopers just look naked without it and the cod piece with the fused belt just sits odd on the back of the trooper body.

I actually grabbed some RO troopers to be floor planks for the TruScale Tantive IV hallway JazzInc is delivering. The ANH troopers are too good to be roadkill. I really want to get the expansion kit to display since I have 3 rebel troopers and a Antilles to go with the display. That extra room will be a visual hall of carnage once all setup.

The rest of the ANH TKs I have will go to flanking a Vader display.

rawImage.jpg

Anyone looking for the exclusive 2-pack there's a pretty good deal on eBay at the moment. Seems like the price has fallen a bit for these guys, especially on auctions. Saw a regular 2 pack go for a little over $300 the other day.

Oh man... good deal. Just looked now and saw one going for $999.00 :cuckoo:
Cheapest i've seen is about $400. Think that went already

Nice comparison of the three different Stormtrooper helmets from ANH, TESB & ROTJ, courtesy of the Star Wars: Identites exhibition at the 02 Arena in London. I took this photograph there today:

IMG_0368.JPG

Nice comparison picture, ANH everytime:lecture

Agreed. ANH lid has the other two in the rear view mirror and it's not even close. There must have been some really small headed stuntmen wearing those ROTJ lids. Hard to imagine those had any comfort wearing during filming. Also the way the deformed mould cured probably hard to see as effective as the other two.

Has any anyone here had a trooper with a really thight undersuit? My one sandtrooper and spacetrooper both have a really tight fitting undersuit which hinders the leg and arm movements alot, even got difficulties posing the trooper with a blaster. Any idea on how to loosen them up?

Nice comparison of the three different Stormtrooper helmets from ANH, TESB & ROTJ, courtesy of the Star Wars: Identites exhibition at the 02 Arena in London. I took this photograph there today:

View attachment 358113

That's actually ANH, ESB Mark II, ROTJ

See here: https://starwarshelmets.com/Return-of-the-jedi-stormtrooper-comparison.htm

I thought ESB wasn't as bad as it looks in that 3-shot. That one looks like ROTJ.

It looks odd because it's actually an ESB Mark II, the prototype for the ROTJ helmet.

See here: https://starwarshelmets.com/Return-of-the-jedi-stormtrooper-comparison.htm

Back