Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those hand guards were also present on other troopers from ESB. And the frown is not the only difference, look at the whole helmet and armor. I'd really like a ROTJ Stormie from HT, maybe even a duo - I get it that ROTJ Stormies are not everyone's cup of tea, but I like them for what they are. I'd even get a 1:1 ROTJ TK armor (I have the CfO helmet), but no more display space alas :(

I can't look at my Hot Toys trooper helmets it's not how they look in the film. I switched out for the custom shapeways helmet, i find they resemble more whats seen on screen.

IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_2151.JPG

I am uncertain why, but that black "frown" and those hand guards make me cringe (referencing the HT ROTJ TK). I do appreciate having a chance at all versions, but ANH is good for me. I have three of them and want to do another that resembles my own armor and height.
cac74ac0c20e8a3e915eef57dff7a0ee.jpg

If never get rid of these guys

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Those hand guards were also present on other troopers from ESB. And the frown is not the only difference, look at the whole helmet and armor. I'd really like a ROTJ Stormie from HT, maybe even a duo - I get it that ROTJ Stormies are not everyone's cup of tea, but I like them for what they are. I'd even get a 1:1 ROTJ TK armor (I have the CfO helmet), but no more display space alas :(

When you get a good look at the best versions of the ROTJ, the ones with the least warping, that actually look great. The Star Wars Battlefront game uses the ROTJ helmet for its troopers and they look awesome imo.

The Shapeways helmet may be more accurate but the 3D printing is just too rough, compared to the rest of the armor.

Agreed. It needs to be a bit more finished, smoothed and polished, but keep the wonky appearance. :) I have the RS SFS 1/3 scaled helmet, and it keeps the original warts and wonkiness, but is not that rough either:

RS Prop Masters Stormtrooper scaled helmet 13.jpg

When you get a good look at the best versions of the ROTJ, the ones with the least warping, that actually look great. The Star Wars Battlefront game uses the ROTJ helmet for its troopers and they look awesome imo.

Like I said I like ROTJ troopers and indeed they were used in a few SW games :)

Oh, I know. There were differences between armors in the same movies. I like TKs, but ROTJ TKs seem like the biggest departure from ANH, my favorite. I don't mind the RO changes as much even. The edges on the ROTJ armor is bad, IMO.

Oh, I know. There were differences between armors in the same movies. I like TKs, but ROTJ TKs seem like the biggest departure from ANH, my favorite. I don't mind the RO changes as much even. The edges on the ROTJ armor is bad, IMO.

The edge on the ROTJ TK armor has a precedence in the ESB AT-AT Driver armor.

Why is it every listing I find for the EXCLUSIVE US 2 pack, they won't ship to Canada? And they aren't selling...I would pay more than listed to get an exclusive set shipped to Canada. C'mon sellers...Canada has $$ for one sixth figures too!

I wish I could find the Mouse Droid from the two pack but its dumb to pay $35 for it on eBay. There's only one listing too.

I wish I could find the Mouse Droid from the two pack but its dumb to pay $35 for it on eBay. There's only one listing too.

The HT Mouse Droid just looks so small and underscaled. The 12" scale Hasbro one seems better scaled but the detail's not quite as good as the HT one.

Back