Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ss sent me an email my order for the gold storm trooper will convert on monday. Seeing all these issues so far should I just cancel or go ahead?

Got a Gold conversion today, wonder whos sloppy paint return I'm going to end up with. :lol

Got a Gold conversion today, wonder whos sloppy paint return I'm going to end up with. :lol

Yeah, people should leave a little hidden note inside the box with their Freaks username so you know whose return you're getting.:lol

I got a conversion as well. As I don't live in the US, it will be a major pain to return it and of course then I have to chase the government to get my taxes back.

I will be cancelling my order.

I dropped off the wait list....I,have a feeling most conversions will be from other folks returns meaning a high probability of an issue plagued figure.

Mine converted as well...not sure about this one. I wonder if they got that many returns at once, or had a stock pile they were waiting to release.

Same boat guys. Was told a few weeks ago they'd sold out, now suddenly available. Also live in Europe, so as much as I'd love to have this I just don't think it'll be worth the hassle. So disappointing. If anyone has received theirs recently please let me know what the condition was like. I still have a couple of days to decide.......

Yeah, people should leave a little hidden note inside the box with their Freaks username so you know whose return you're getting.:lol

That would be awesome, then we could rep people for giving us their sloppy seconds. :lol

I placed my order within minutes of it going live and my figure only shipped mid last week , so they possibly had 2 shipments?

Hopefully not getting someones sloppy seconds or a damaged item. will know soon enough

Surely Sideshow wouldn't resell returned damaged goods. That would be suicide from a company reputation point of view.

An really interested in your comments Shalamar and Quartartec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely Sideshow wouldn't resell returned damaged goods. That would be suicide from a company reputation point of view.

An really interested in your comments Shalamar and Quartartec.

I agree with you. It would be more of a logistical nightmare for SS to send out damaged figures, knowing that people would have the chance to ask for a replacement or refund. I know they might have done that with some of the PFs that they created but not sure about Hot Toys products.

My waitlist converted as well and I'm thinking about keeping it. Awesome looking figure and I like it's odd nature, even though I'm not big on bling. I can see it being a figure to hold it's value and I'm having mine work as a personal guard to Darth Vader.

SS has absolutely sent out returns. It was proven on at least 2 occasions:

1: a forum member posted pics of a statue showing all the defects as well as the base with the edition number. He returned it and another forum member received the identical statue with the same base and the exact same flaws.

2. a forum member drew a small happy face on the inside styro of his statue before returning it...and another member received the same statue with the same flaws and the happy face styro.

1: a forum member posted pics of a statue showing all the defects as well as the base with the edition number. He returned it and another forum member received the identical statue with the same base and the exact same flaws.

2. a forum member drew a small happy face on the inside styro of his statue before returning it...and another member received the same statue with the same flaws and the happy face styro.

That is sick :( :banghead

I po'ed the moment it went live on ssc, hopefully I'm gonna get the second batch instead of returns

I agree with you. It would be more of a logistical nightmare for SS to send out damaged figures, knowing that people would have the chance to ask for a replacement or refund. I know they might have done that with some of the PFs that they created but not sure about Hot Toys products.

My waitlist converted as well and I'm thinking about keeping it. Awesome looking figure and I like it's odd nature, even though I'm not big on bling. I can see it being a figure to hold it's value and I'm having mine work as a personal guard to Darth Vader.

I'm also really hoping it is a second batch, as I'd like to keep mine too without issues. For me it is more a piece of art than anything else. Something which could stand on it's own in the living room or wherever. A real eye-catcher.

Which forum was that in ? Not this one.

Back