Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yessss. I still need to get a single Stormie. They may not get another release at all seeing how many Stormtroopers are coming down the pike. ROTJ ver, RO ver, etc.

Just a small update for those who are worried about the Gold Stormies. I told SSC that I wanted to keep the figure but explore other options than the $25 credit and they responded by booking me a replacement order for the helmet.

The new order will be shipped after being inspected by their internal QA team. Upon receipt of the replacement, I have to destroy my original helmet and provide photos.

Not sure if that means they indeed have replacement parts but needless to say I am very happy with this outcome.

b5b199c58cd3f936ef9a7ed4040eb998.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

No doubt they have access to the digital files/ reference from LucasFilm. I don't love the new "updated" armor, but they do absolutely look like the new helmets.

Yeah same as you. Not a big fan of the updated armour, however it looks as though HT have smashed this one for accuracy. Pity they couldn't do that level of accuracy for the OT Stormtrooper helmets.

Yeah same as you. Not a big fan of the updated armour, however it looks as though HT have smashed this one for accuracy. Pity they couldn't do that level of accuracy for the OT Stormtrooper helmets.

Some of Hasbro's RO offerings have an unprecedented level of accuracy, like the new 5 POA 3.75" stormtrooper. Looks like a case of digital file access.

I really like the Rogue One stormtroopers but I'll temper my excitement for now on these: the angle of the helmets in the photo, is the most forgiving for any stormtrooper helmet, as it will hide any glaring inaccuracies. The scale coupled with the gloss paint they use, results in what I *think* may be slightly soft details on the orbital ridges/frames for the eyes/lenses, but doesn't look too bad.

What I love about this one is the subtle weathering. In the photo the backpacks look like they may be attached to the armour; I think the Spacetrooper's is too? Which I wouldn't love, but we'll see. They'll surely release every trooper anyway, so backpack or not, if the helmet looks tight head-on, I'm in.

Rouge one sounds more exciting to me then rogue one. Lol! Hopefully they can find the right color though.......

Some of Hasbro's RO offerings have an unprecedented level of accuracy, like the new 5 POA 3.75" stormtrooper. Looks like a case of digital file access.

I really like the Rogue One stormtroopers but I'll temper my excitement for now on these: the angle of the helmets in the photo, is the most forgiving for any stormtrooper helmet, as it will hide any glaring inaccuracies. The scale coupled with the gloss paint they use, results in what I *think* may be slightly soft details on the orbital ridges/frames for the eyes/lenses, but doesn't look too bad.

What I love about this one is the subtle weathering. In the photo the backpacks look like they may be attached to the armour; I think the Spacetrooper's is too? Which I wouldn't love, but we'll see. They'll surely release every trooper anyway, so backpack or not, if the helmet looks tight head-on, I'm in.

Is there any link that you could post for the new 3.75" stormtrooper? I can't seem to find any pictures of it? Just curious.

Back