Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like the look of the hero helmet, but I prefer the stunt. Here is a mock up of mixed and match pieces. I've still got to fix the knee.

I still hope they will make the regular 1/4 Stormtrooper. It's been a long time since first announced

They will 100% make this 1/4 scale figure. With all the numerous Iron Men 1/4 scale coming out...I mean I've always said that they should do the 3 iconic villain designs in 1/4 scale (Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett). I think they maybe will hold off on the Revenge of the Sith Vader and make a Rogue One version...that's what I'm praying anyways. The ROTS is just a random VADER to all of a sudden slot into a way more expensive and risky scale (risky in that I imagine a lot of buyers like myself may hold off buying in hopes of a ANH/ESB/ROTJ/RO Vader). I believe the Stormtrooper will also be revealed to coincide with Rogue One. Makes sense to get people hooked on SW again as the movie approaches and the Regular Stormtrooper is a Rogue One character. Ohhhh can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the look of the hero helmet, but I prefer the stunt. Here is a mock up of mixed and match pieces. I've still got to fix the knee.

Really like the look of this guy SB. I may try to do the same with the spare Marmit parts I have and the extra Sandie bucket I bought. Nice job.

That's an HT sandtrooepr helmet, i sanded down the ears a wee bit and removed the weathering best I could.

Nice, yeah mine is the HT one too. Got it with the intent to use it on another Sandtrooper but I'm too in love with the Marmit helmets. This gives me a purpose for the HT one that's just been sitting around.

I missed out on the first wave of those stormies sadly. So right now I'm hoping for a rerealese of the next.

Has any info or intel about any realese of more stormies except the battlefrobt version?

Curious how they'll change them for RO

The RO troopers have a number of subtle differences apparently. Too subtle for my eyes, but they are there. Seems like the differences are intentional, to allow the troopers to move more dynamically during action scenes. I wonder if HT will honour these changes.

The RO troopers have a number of subtle differences apparently. Too subtle for my eyes, but they are there. Seems like the differences are intentional, to allow the troopers to move more dynamically during action scenes. I wonder if HT will honour these changes.

I'm quite aware of the differences between OT and RO Stormtrooper armors. I'm curious if HT will make new Stormtrooper figures to match RO. Or if they will simply re-release the ones we have already.

I'm quite aware of the differences between OT and RO Stormtrooper armors. I'm curious if HT will make new Stormtrooper figures to match RO. Or if they will simply re-release the ones we have already.

They will mod them to make them accurate...

They'll need to make new helmets if they want them to be accurate to RO too. The blue stripes aren't stickers/paint this time, they are cut outs (like on the TFA troopers) and the "teeth" area is more defined as a separate piece with the whole lower part of the helmet designed to look like it could actually be a removable respirator (for maintenance apparently)

Apologies if this has been posted earlier in the thread (or in another thread). I haven't been keeping up.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2015.39.58_zpsst3ekaee.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 15.39.58.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 15.39.58.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
The helmets on the RO Stormies look small to me. It could also be the clunky, ill-fitting armor though. Sadly, they really look like cosplayers.
I disagree. Let's be real here, the original OT suits would not stand up to scrutiny nowadays; ANH was made quick-and-dirty, and they didn't have the 3d modelling tech they have today.

The helmets looks fine, now they don't look as clunky.

I'm not a big fan of the new Stormtrooper armor, I understand they needed to upgrade the suits for today's HD cinematics where the classic one with bumps and warts couldn't quite fit in, but there are things on the new armor that look very weird. Though the Stormtrooper helmet has some interesting upgrades like the ears and the tube vents.

But for me the magic is there even if you see the warts and dents. I like knowing as much as possible about the props I'm interested in. That's why Star Wars for me will always have that used universe look and feel, Star Wars was not shiny and idealized. I enjoy the classic armors and helmets, the rough blasters with crude greeblies attached to them, lightsabers that are made from rough real world parts etc. I like collecting props that look and feel the way they were made back then. I understand people liking idealized stuff, like the Master Replicas shiny props, but the real parts/greeblies and the wonkiness present on he original props get me deeper in the SW universe and also closer to the talented ILM artists who created it like that (with or without intention)

I don't feel I have to choose one or the other. I like that the new RO Stormtrooper helmet represents what they may likely look like if the SW universe was real, however I also love the original OT props. I think we can have the best of both worlds.

It's a great time to be a SW fan!

LoveMinusZero, I know what you mean about the RO Stormies looking like cosplayers, but I wonder if this is because the only OT Stormies we've seen since 83 have been cosplayers.

When talking about the HT Stormtroopers that have been released already, they are fine with me. Minor inaccuracies that do not detract from the high quality. Will not buy the RO Stormtroopers so in the end do not care about those.

Back