Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well talk about anti-climactic. No stormtroopers today. :(

For some reason only their store in Stockholm (which is also their warehouse) got them in stock today, wont be at my local store until tuesday. So apparently what they meant by stating today as the release date was:

"We will only have them at one of our stores, and even if you have pre-ordered you wont get it at our release..."

Good thing my other P.Os are at a different store.

Yeah, it sucks that it's friday today, thursday and stormies tomorrow would have been much nicer.

How much did you end up paying for the troopers from webhallen?

Yeah, it sucks that it's friday today, thursday and stormies tomorrow would have been much nicer.

How much did you end up paying for the troopers from webhallen?

Paid 3990 SEK, noticed they upped the price now.

Paid 3990 SEK, noticed they upped the price now.

Yes, prices fluctuate weekly on some items it seems. Like most other sellers they up the price when the figure arrives, but I have seen the pre-order prices go up also, for no apparent reason other than passed time I guess.

Just received my 2-pack. My first actual Hot Toys. I just have SS R2 and Chogokin 3PO. Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about first hand.:yess:

Very nice. The fit and finish on these are wonderful. I can see I'm going to need to be a lot more careful and meticulous with these than my other collectibles, but it already feels like it will be well worth it.

Some quick crappy poses and pics.

And for the heck of it, my entire Star Wars collection (and almost entire non Transformers collection). Soon SWBS Vader will be sold and replaced with the Movie Realization version. Just going to get OT HT figures and the full Movie Realization lineup. That will be the perfect SW collection for me.

Got two questions gents:

1. Any reviews that compare the Sideshow Collectibles Stormie to this?

2. How come these are more expensive on eBay than Sideshow Collectibles? By my calculations around £50 difference

Got one of these in-hand now. It's decent, but nothing earth-shattering. I'm actually very underwhelmed. The way I've seen folks rave about them I thought they be a lot better. For me, the biggest improvement is of course the base body. There's really no comparing an old floppy trooper body to a Truetype. The TT body is also padded to prevent the armor from moving around - this can very easily be done to any SSC Stormie. The other significant improvements over the SSC without analyzing them side by side and against the movie, are the upper chest armor is tighter on the body and the crotch armor is a bit larger.

Does it "blow away" or "annihilate" or "fill on the blank" the SSC? No, not by a long shot. Well, it does in price.

I *much* prefer the SSC shoes. I'll see about getting them side by side soon, before I pack up the HT and send him off in trade for the short version. ;) (I'll be buying another regular height version next month)

Last edited:
Yes, prices fluctuate weekly on some items it seems. Like most other sellers they up the price when the figure arrives, but I have seen the pre-order prices go up also, for no apparent reason other than passed time I guess.

Yeah Ive noticed that too. It kinda shows that they sell alot of other stuff and not just collectibles. Although I buy alot of games and elwctronics from them I prefer using scifishop.se for collectibles. They have Great customer service aswell.

Dumb ass Hot Toys, why did they release so many troopers in one go. How do we space out spending on these guys. They don't do new batches without making them v2 right? I guess I'll have to wait till v2.0 troopers to get more.

I bought pre-order on e-bay from loontentoys a Stormtrooper figure, but I wait for more 2 months. I'm starting to worry about.
Anyone has similar experience?

Back