Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it might be too soon for having a opinion but from the pics and other than the height difference, can anyone see any difference between these and sideshow's? I am thinking if I should sell my sideshow trooper and buy these

I know it might be too soon for having a opinion but from the pics and other than the height difference, can anyone see any difference between these and sideshow's? I am thinking if I should sell my sideshow trooper and buy these

apart from the accuracy of the armor, it's highly likely that there will be a few unseen improvements that'd make this a good upgrade, ie a body with tight joints and better fitting armour, and a properly-positioned helmet.

So when hot toys decides to make sandtroopers, I'm gonna be in big trouble. Think I never got into sideshows clones because I knew subconsciously I'd never stop buying them. Gotta pace myself with these stormtroopers. I know I want at least 10... I had 12 ss sandies before I sold 8 of them off... Le sigh, damn toys..

apart from the accuracy of the armor, it's highly likely that there will be a few unseen improvements that'd make this a good upgrade, ie a body with tight joints and better fitting armour, and a properly-positioned helmet.
The holster is also 'leather'.. :huh :lol

The SSC Stormies are nice toys, but yeah.

wasap with the height difference? i always though all the troopers are same height sice they are clone

Well, George intended they were clones from different templates (hence Jango bumping his head in AOTC), but SW Rebels has retconned them to all be normal humans.

No.

:thwak

Just...no.

The first stormtroopers were Republic clone troopers that the Empire inherited after the Clone Wars. However, the Stormtrooper Corps gradually expanded its ranks to include cloned soldiers from different genetic sources. Further changes in policy led to the recruitment of birth-born Humans as enlisted troopers. Before long, the original clones of the Jango Fett line were reduced to the status of a minority within the army that they once held as their exclusive province.

Stormtrooper_Corps.png

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper_Corps

No.

:thwak

Just...no.

The first stormtroopers were Republic clone troopers that the Empire inherited after the Clone Wars. However, the Stormtrooper Corps gradually expanded its ranks to include cloned soldiers from different genetic sources. Further changes in policy led to the recruitment of birth-born Humans as enlisted troopers. Before long, the original clones of the Jango Fett line were reduced to the status of a minority within the army that they once held as their exclusive province.

It's funny how the real Nazis had plenty of regular guys to put in uniform but Star Wars Nazis had to be cloned. :slap

In SW when Kenobi talked about the Clone Wars it was so mysterious. Turns out it was literally clones fighting in wars.:lol

It's funny how the real Nazis had plenty of regular guys to put in uniform but Star Wars Nazis had to be cloned. :slap

In SW when Kenobi talked about the Clone Wars it was so mysterious. Turns out it was literally clones fighting in wars.:lol

:rotfl I had the exact same reaction to that! :lol

Well, George intended they were clones from different templates (hence Jango bumping his head in AOTC), but SW Rebels has retconned them to all be normal humans.

The concept of cloned personnel didn't exist when the first movie came out. ZERO Stormtroopers were supposed to be clones back then. Different height troopers are visible in every single scene where more than one trooper appears. No two troopers are precisely the same height except when they're computer generated (cartoons, PT, special editions). This applies to all forms of troopers in the OT, Storm, Sand, Snow, Scout and also other personnel like gunners, TIE pilots, etc.

It's plainly obvious every time you watch any of the first three movies.

I'm betting that HT stormtrooper will have some improvements on SSC close-up in hand, but nothing really noticeable for display on a shelf. Doesn't really warrant the price of an upgrade for me, or having doubles of the same character (I'm no army builder).

The Hot Toys troopers definitely have a bigger set of brass ones, judging by the size of their cod piece. So whether or not you see that when displayed on a shelf really depends on how your eye wanders. ;)

Back