Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I always hated the ROTJ look, but like Ewoks, I've come to like them over the years.

Man I am so glad they all look the same to me except the holsters location. I try my best to skip all the detail comparisons as it ruins it for me. 99% of people including myself just see a Storm Trooper. Whether you agree or not it truly is the best way to see them.

Why couldn't they just make all of them consistent lol

Maybe it's the floor of the bunker on Endor? Or the DSII floor.

547c5c95a918dfe2e94d08c0fade7573.jpg

That's totally a ROTJ Stormtrooper. No way. I can't believe they went out of their way to offer a variant that very few people would even recognize. That's awesome.

Shouldn't the helmet be all lopsided due to the mold collapsing?

Yep and that's what I crave for. An "Accurate" representation of each helmet. ANH, ESB and ROTJ I'll say it again, COME ON HT 3D SCAN THESE HELMETS IN THE LUCAS FILM ARCHIVES AND SHRINK THEM DOWN! Surely that's not beyond the realms of possibility these days!!??

I'm at work, and barely can see the pics, but this seems ROTJ not ESB. Black frown (mouth) is present on both ESB and ROTJ helmets, but there are tells showing this to be ROTJ. It has the cod piece with a U type trim, I would like to see the armor too, if it has the same trim, and the abdomen buttons. Blaster is MGC type (look at the scope, full scope rail, and flat muzzle), so that is definitely ROTJ.

Exactly. COD piece trim = ROTJ
1fd312e521b39024eb284a6aad54af80.png

the weird thing, to me, is that they used their original stormtrooper molds for the Battlefront figures, but the game designs are based on ROTJ, meaning this mold would be much more suited. :slap

I was thinking this yesterday as well. Wondering if they made the ROTJ trooper to use for their BattleFront line, but then on the other side of the same table is the Jumptrooper using the ANH helmet. So now I'm thinking, like the Snowtrooper, they're releasing a trooper from ESB and ROTJ to show that those lines are indeed in the works and on the way.

I was thinking this yesterday as well. Wondering if they made the ROTJ trooper to use for their BattleFront line, but then on the other side of the same table is the Jumptrooper using the ANH helmet. So now I'm thinking, like the Snowtrooper, they're releasing a trooper from ESB and ROTJ to show that those lines are indeed in the works and on the way.

The Snowtrooper is from Battlefront, not ESB. :(

Back