Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, the RO troopers have the same hand guards as the ANH troopers.

I could swear I saw a shot of the RO troopers with black frown and the hand guards but I guess I am wrong. I have been trying to see as little of RO as possible, looks like I did an even better job than I had thought.

Have to say I'm on the Anti-ROTJ-trooper bandwagon as well...

BUT... I do love that HT made a figure of the design differences. I think if you want a few stormtroopers, it would be nice to have one for each of the OT episodes.

That said, where's the ESB-trooper?

Also, not a fan of the ROTJ, BUT this looks great. Love the weathering. A trooper is a trooper and I'm happy to see more options for army building.

I just need one more Stormtrooper, and it will not be this one.

So where is Han in Disguse?

ROTJ is so obviously different from ANH stormies. Are the ESB stormies very different from the ANH ones?
Only notable difference that I can remember is that the "mouth grills" of the ESB troopers are painted entirely black. Aside from that, there basically the same if I can recall correctly.

Holsters on their right too.
ff1c4cf4b61c155f55f040a2e5d5df74.jpg

Yes, and apparently their eyes were cut larger as well for ESB.

Interesting once you look into it. I still think I'd like an ANH Stormtrooper, and ESB trooper and a ROTJ trooper now that I think about it.

I always see the Marmit helmets when I see actual screen shots. I guess they did the stunts. 2nd from left resembles the HT to me, but the badass one in the middle looks like the Marmit bucket.

Yes, and apparently their eyes were cut larger as well for ESB.

Interesting once you look into it. I still think I'd like an ANH Stormtrooper, and ESB trooper and a ROTJ trooper now that I think about it.

I would as well. Very few people would care or even see the differences, but SW was ones of those things where all the little different details in the films was something I loved to obsess about growing up. It's the same as wanting or having a preference for the different Vaders.

Last edited:
The fact they made a new Stormtrooper instead of just endlessly using the first version is so weird and awesome to me. They absolutely didn't need to, but there it is.

Another way you can tell the ROTJ trooper is the trim along the edges on the armor, specifically the bottom of the chest armor, along the ribcage curve, also around the arm openings. The armor has a trim or a flare that pushes out that the ANH trooper doesn't. They also have pure white boots.

The shape of the helmet really gives ROTJ troopers away to my eyes, here are some pics. You might recognize the ROTJ version from the old THX cover, for ESB oddly, from the VHS days. The ROTJ trooper was also the version used to add shots to the Special Editions, which is why they look so weird in ANH as Sandtroopers in the scenes with the CGI Dewbacks.

Storm-CHRON.jpg

RoTJTroopers.jpg

et7keh.jpg

Review_SandtrooperOTC_still.jpg

Original-ROTJ-Stormtrooper-001.jpg

HT16-sizzle-680-1.jpg

These are probably from Rogue One... I thought some one said HT was showing 5 Rogue One figures. That's why the head is different, and the weathering. Probably from wading in the water on the beach..:lol Sign says classic, not OT. I think it's definitely a Rogue One classic Stormtrooper.

Back