Hot toys Star Wars ROTJ Luke Skywalker (speculation thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a ROTJ Luke figure needs to come with all accessories to accomplish every look in the film because all of the variations are built upon the same base costume. The simplest version of the costume is what he wears at the end in the duel with Vader. Then of course he should have the brow/blue (whatever color) vest that goes over that. After that he should come with both the cloak he wears in Jabba's palace and the Endor gear (helmet and Pancho). Of course with a helmet this means removable hair. He should come with both gloved and ungloved right hands. Of course he needs a LED Saber arm. And finally a battle damaged right mechanical hand could be the exclusive.

I know this would be a lot of accessories but I would pay a bit more for it, and I prefer this to to them trying to sell multiple versions of essentially the same figure.

The funny thing is that considering HT's history this actually isn't all that much. Remember the ridiculous number of accessories the T-1000 came with?

The funny thing is that considering HT's history this actually isn't all that much. Remember the ridiculous number of accessories the T-1000 came with?

Those would be awesome accessories. Honestly it would be about the same amount of accessories the Episode IV Luke has, so it definitely seems reasonable. Come on HT!

I'm good with my kitbashed Luke for now... but will almost definitely buy a Hot Toys version. ROTJ is my preferred look for Luke and I assume they would revisit much of what we got with the Sideshow figure, but maybe include additional gear for Endor.

My most wanted Luke with Force Awaken close after. I would be happy with either announcement.

Can it really be right that we're getting ROTJ figures before ESB? Is that because ESB is the fan favourite and they're leaving it till last so that ROTJ figures sell better first?

I've been wondering how the OT is going to be handled going forward and the time period - are we getting waves like ANH seemed to be, will they be annual, will they go back to ANH once they start doing other OT movies? Always in motion the future is...

I think a ROTJ Luke figure needs to come with all accessories to accomplish every look in the film because all of the variations are built upon the same base costume. The simplest version of the costume is what he wears at the end in the duel with Vader. Then of course he should have the brow/blue (whatever color) vest that goes over that. After that he should come with both the cloak he wears in Jabba's palace and the Endor gear (helmet and Pancho). Of course with a helmet this means removable hair. He should come with both gloved and ungloved right hands. Of course he needs a LED Saber arm. And finally a battle damaged right mechanical hand could be the exclusive.

I know this would be a lot of accessories but I would pay a bit more for it, and I prefer this to to them trying to sell multiple versions of essentially the same figure.

I concur. This would be the consummate RotJ Luke. Like others have said, given the amount of accessories some of the figures have came with lately, the amount of accessories you listed doesn't sound unreasonable for slightly a bit more in price.

Can it really be right that we're getting ROTJ figures before ESB? Is that because ESB is the fan favourite and they're leaving it till last so that ROTJ figures sell better first?

I've been wondering how the OT is going to be handled going forward and the time period - are we getting waves like ANH seemed to be, will they be annual, will they go back to ANH once they start doing other OT movies? Always in motion the future is...

Do they have to do it in chronological order?

I think its a Battlefront thing given that Boba Fett, Jedi Luke & Palpatine are playable characters in the game.

When HT unveiled the Shock Trooper two weeks ago and brought up plans to do a few more Battlefront troopers it pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

I think its a Battlefront thing given that Boba Fett, Jedi Luke & Palpatine are playable characters in the game.

When HT unveiled the Shock Trooper two weeks ago and brought up plans to do a few more Battlefront troopers it pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

That makes sense... and they did announce the ROTJ Fett seemingly out of the blue; although I don't recally if Fett is more ESB or ROTJ in the game. Either way since they've cracked the seal on ROTJ it would make sense to continue.

That makes sense... and they did announce the ROTJ Fett seemingly out of the blue; although I don't recally if Fett is more ESB or ROTJ in the game. Either way since they've cracked the seal on ROTJ it would make sense to continue.

I'm pretty sure fett is ROTJ in battlefront. Never actually thought of it like that. It was a bit of a random release. Maybe now the seal of ROTJ is broken, we might get our Luke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure it's just a Battlefront thing. I get the sense HT probably just decided it was best to focus first on the iconic looks that fans seem really eager to buy (Jedi Luke, Bespin Han, Hoth Leia etc), instead of just releasing them one movie at a time.

Thanks. I never play computer games (is that even the right term nowadays?) so I wouldn't have known that. I love the idea of getting Palpatine soon. That basically leaves Yoda as the last truly iconic character and you could call it a day after that if it was getting too expensive.

I got excited seeing this thread thinking there might be a tease or something shown..

I'm not sure it's just a Battlefront thing. I get the sense HT probably just decided it was best to focus first on the iconic looks that fans seem really eager to buy (Jedi Luke, Bespin Han, Hoth Leia etc), instead of just releasing them one movie at a time.

I'd be more inclined to go with this rationale.

HT is literally doing Battlefront Stormtroopers. If that doesn't tell you something about their strategy then nothing can.
If you mean the HT strategy of how can we reuse the same stuff as many times as possible then yes.

I'm still pleased with my sideshow/hot toys/hasbro bash. When the new one is released i'll be ordering it.
I added a blue saber arm from HT Ben to pay homage to the 80's vintage Jedi Knight Luke figure that came packaged with the blue saber variant. I do realize the saber hilt is not correct, but they were similar looking.

20160127_152204_resized[1].jpg

I'm still pleased with my sideshow/hot toys/hasbro bash. When the new one is released i'll be ordering it.
I added a blue saber arm from HT Ben to pay homage to the 80's vintage Jedi Knight Luke figure that came packaged with the blue saber variant. I do realize the saber hilt is not correct, but they were similar looking.

View attachment 241075

Looks great, and I love that idea! A blue sabre arm would make a great exclusive - the details escape me, but haven't Sideshow paid homage to Kenner toys in the past with exclusives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back