Hot toys Star Wars ROTJ Luke Skywalker (speculation thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20160126_212305.jpg

Rumour has it ROTJ Luke is slated to be one of the next figures up for pre-order (by the very reliable Jack Bauer), so I wouldn't think it will be too long. Maybe within the next few months? Hoping they have switch out hair as I've always thought sail barge Luke was one of his best looks.

Yeah, he looked fierce

15nmyjs.png

Hmm, it'd really have to be a completely different headsculpt with hair for it to work, now that I look at the picture (thanks for posting it). Hope HT goes all out for their ROTJ Luke.

jack bauer said The Emperor is in the works from HT so I would assume RotJ Luke will happen before anything further ESB related.

jack bauer said The Emperor is in the works from HT so I would assume RotJ Luke will happen before anything further ESB related.

Really wish they'd do ESB before jumping straight into ROTJ but its understandable with Battlefront featuring Boba Fett, Jedi Luke and Palpatine as playable characters.

I think I've seen your custom, it's brilliant. I almost did the same thing. But thought I'd hold off and wait and save myself from having to sell the custom on. The floating saver hilt accessory would be ace. Maybe submit the idea to hot toys somehow!?

thanks!! pretty happy with him, but let's see how good can HT make it..!

IMGP2977sm.jpg

IMGP1934 2 peq.jpg

FullSizeRenderl.jpg

And an old pose, in an old detolf display:

P1140328.jpg

P1140312.jpg

What this custom lacks the most is:

- a better scale body, maybe slim HT body, smaller and for a better fit of the medicom Death Star Throne Room clothing to fit better
- a nice belt

the body can be forgotten when you pose him with the cloak and vest on, it looks better. But throne room looks are a must...

This pose will just about be obligatory if RotJ Luke comes with either switch out hair or an additional sculpt, as IS mentioned.

And for a custom, that's pretty good, parra! :clap

Honestly, I'm posing him relaxed, giving Palpatine his back.

Going for this

5xsflt.jpg

I hope HT also release another ESB Luke. Make it dagobah with yoda if they don't wanna repeat the dx07 ver.

they could go for "arrival to Dagobah Luke", which would be a Snowspeeder Luke, without the snow, plus add Yoda!

Review_LukeDagobahLanding_stillA.JPG

thanks!! pretty happy with him, but let's see how good can HT make it..!

View attachment 240673

View attachment 240674

View attachment 240677

And an old pose, in an old detolf display:

View attachment 240676

View attachment 240678

What this custom lacks the most is:

- a better scale body, maybe slim HT body, smaller and for a better fit of the medicom Death Star Throne Room clothing to fit better
- a nice belt

the body can be forgotten when you pose him with the cloak and vest on, it looks better. But throne room looks are a must...

Haha that's all we are all asking for right? A good body on him, a proper belt, get good old jc hong on the head sculpt. It'll be brilliant. But failing all that, you've got an very custom to sick with if all else fails.
Me personally, I'm wanting a post similar to his first appearance in ROTJ at jabbas palace. Or maybe the skiff scene. It's one of my favourite parts of the film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumour has it ROTJ Luke is slated to be one of the next figures up for pre-order (by the very reliable Jack Bauer), so I wouldn't think it will be too long. Maybe within the next few months? Hoping they have switch out hair as I've always thought sail barge Luke was one of his best looks.

That's what I like to hear! Now where are those teaser promo images haha.
I think a second head sculpt would be brilliant, bit more of a battle ready face and windswept hair. Here's hoping!

I think a ROTJ Luke figure needs to come with all accessories to accomplish every look in the film because all of the variations are built upon the same base costume. The simplest version of the costume is what he wears at the end in the duel with Vader. Then of course he should have the brow/blue (whatever color) vest that goes over that. After that he should come with both the cloak he wears in Jabba's palace and the Endor gear (helmet and Pancho). Of course with a helmet this means removable hair. He should come with both gloved and ungloved right hands. Of course he needs a LED Saber arm. And finally a battle damaged right mechanical hand could be the exclusive.

I know this would be a lot of accessories but I would pay a bit more for it, and I prefer this to to them trying to sell multiple versions of essentially the same figure.

I think a ROTJ Luke figure needs to come with all accessories to accomplish every look in the film because all of the variations are built upon the same base costume. The simplest version of the costume is what he wears at the end in the duel with Vader. Then of course he should have the brow/blue (whatever color) vest that goes over that. After that he should come with both the cloak he wears in Jabba's palace and the Endor gear (helmet and Pancho). Of course with a helmet this means removable hair. He should come with both gloved and ungloved right hands. Of course he needs a LED Saber arm. And finally a battle damaged right mechanical hand could be the exclusive.

I know this would be a lot of accessories but I would pay a bit more for it, and I prefer this to to them trying to sell multiple versions of essentially the same figure.

100% agree. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for the options. But as long as we get the cloak and vest to achieve jabbas palace look I'm more than happy!

I'ld love a ht Jedi Luke then I could use my custom as the jabba arrival scene and have a final duel version from ht

I'ld love a ht Jedi Luke then I could use my custom as the jabba arrival scene and have a final duel version from ht

Exactly! I have a kitbased Luke too, no problem in having two and covering the lesser sculpt with a nice cloak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back