1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen it displayed on , and I thought people were complaining it wouldn't fit? Either way I need a trooper and getting Luke would be a bonus

People that can't read. :D
It says on the product page that it's interchangeable. That's exactly what I am thinking too. Get a trooper out of it and have a Luke head as well. Could come in handy later on.

People that can't read. :D
It says on the product page that it's interchangeable. That's exactly what I am thinking too. Get a trooper out of it and have a Luke head as well. Could come in handy later on.

Thank you Mr. Jordan I checked the spec page. Your the man!

Sure would like to see one picture of the helmet on... or the interchangeable piece that connects to the helmet. Nothing inside the helmet shown looks to have a ball connector.

This could be easily modded into a trash compactor version, muddy it up a-bit, slick the hair back, include a bio-degradeable rubber trash compactor monster (we all know HT's track record for rubber...) slap another "EX" sticker on it and voila, more re-hash, more $$$

Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

[...] in the minority, but I don't like Hot Toys' Stormtrooper helmets. Other companies like Gentle Giant and even Disney have done the '77 hero prop more justice with scanning technology.

Now that 1/4 Stormie on the other hand . . . . hnnnnnggggg. I've stayed out of that thread as soon as I saw it. Not too keen on 1/4 scale, but that ****ing trooper looks fantastic. That and Luke have really caught my eye.

The HT helmet is flawed, but I give it a pass based on the scale and overall quality.

Truth is, a repainted Hasbro Black Series 6" sandtrooper helmet is more screen accurate. Gentle Giant helped/supplied them with that sculpt, apparently.

But I'm curious as to why you covet the 1/4 so much? I feel that not only is the helmet still flawed, but even more so at that scale, to the point they're an easy pass for me.

I get why some people like them, but you already have an issue with the 1/6 version. Maybe the (apparently) raised brow trim does it for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

The HT helmet is flawed, but I give it a pass based on the scale and overall quality.

Truth is, a repainted Hasbro Black Series 6" sandtrooper helmet is more screen accurate. Gentle Giant helped/supplied them with that sculpt, apparently.

But I'm curious as to why you covet the 1/4 so much? I feel that not only is the helmet still flawed, but even more so at that scale, to the point they're an easy pass for me.

I get why some people like them, but you already have an issue with the 1/6 version. Maybe the (apparently) raised brow trim does it for you?

The brow, eyes, mouth and teeth all look good to me. I dunno.

image.jpg

I suppose the goggle portion under the lenses could be sharper and prominent and the helmet wider, but those pics at the show of it aren't that great. I think when it goes up for order it'll look great.

Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

The brow, eyes, mouth and teeth all look good to me. I dunno.

View attachment 196339

I suppose the goggle portion under the lenses could be sharper and prominent and the helmet wider, but those pics at the show of it aren't that great. I think when it goes up for order it'll look great.

Maybe so. Rather than spend all afternoon nitpicking it, suffice to say this interpretation works for you; whereas I'd choose the 1/6 interpretation for the moment.

I've been working on Marmit x HT kit-bashing on and off (paint/finish is a lot of work) and suspect that will have to be my ultimate version.

There is zero doubt that HT is the best out-of-the-box, though.

And I love my re-worked BS6" Sandtroopers; more so shortly after I've given them Bandai kit backpacks.

SSC has its faults (that Hydeous points out), but they are a great promoter. Their website is very slick and nice, and they send out about 50 e-mails a day, plus a strong Facebook and Twitter presence. I think there is a symbiotic relationship for sure, but HT focuses more on the product development side, while SSC is focusing on marketing and distribution.

They definitely need each other. HT is definitely becoming more and more popular but the majority of times I see them mentioned is thanks to SSC. Diamond used to distribute HT too a while back and they never advertised anything and people had no clue. SSC has definitely upped that game.

Well if Hot Toys does go ahead and produce a 1/6 scale Tie Fighter it will usher in a new age with pricing. It will easily go beyond the $1k price point and make Hulkbuster look like a bargain after fans having a heart attack at its $825 price point. :lol

Pricing will rise no matter what. HT figures had a 1 before the price point not too long ago and I won't even bother with the whole "Pepperidge Farms" moment of remembering $50 SSC SW Figures. Honestly if HT is going to produce a 1:6 TIE, we want it now where it'll cost $1,000 instead of a couple of years from now when it'll cost $3,000. The cost of this hobby leaps and bounds, it doesn't gradually go up.

That's a steal i got mine for 187$ and i thought that was good.

$68 over hear. Hope it shows up soon. September is very close but can't imagine they're that close to being ready, but they did produce some Shadowtroopers for a con last year so maybe we'll see this in hand sooner than expected.

Back