Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

You know what that would mean? Han and Luke Stormies! Lets hope!

I think you may be right. Han carried the heavy blaster rifle correct?? And that is the taller one.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Han, Chewie and Storm Trooper announcements have me primed for ANH viewing this weekend :clap

imagine after all this speculation half of the figs we end up seeing are a Stormtrooper from ANH, a Stormtrooper from Empire, and 3 Sandtroopers with various colored pauldrons.

the Stormtrooper 2 pak... will this count as 1 or 2 figs toward the rumored 11?

I'm very interested to see if HT go with LED lightsabers for this line.

the Stormtrooper 2 pak... will this count as 1 or 2 figs toward the rumored 11?

The packs come in minimums of 10. So you will best to just try and sell any extras you do not want.

A license doesn't determine what gimmicks they'd incorporate though.

I'd say they probably didn't want to bother with the lighted ones at that point - & they may still feel the same way now - i.e; they might consider it too tricky to execute well in mass market numbers, etc.

That said, the Enterbay UU farm boy Luke's blade looked great from memory, so.. :huh :lol

LED sabres look terrible. I'd prefer if they stick with standard (cheap) plastic and we can buy CCFL sabres from customizers, if we choose.

A license doesn't determine what gimmicks they'd incorporate though.

When they released Bespin Luke it was from under SS's shadow and HT may have thought they wouldn't release enough figures to warrant investment in a light-up saber.
Now they have their own license, it may have become a viable option, especially if there are a number of force-users in the ST!

LED have been tried by Medicom and SSC with terrible results. There is a guy rounding up interest in battery powered light sabres in the custom section (though for my tastes the blades are too short, I don't like the plain hilts and the battery run time of ~8 hrs would drive me nuts), or you can get wired CCFL versions from Pixel Piper. Maybe I'm biased as I've already bought six of them, but I can't see HT coming up with a better solution. Especially as you can have them wired with a remote, along with your light-up display stands. Think it is the most convenient solution, by far.

The light up saber with Obi-wan is great, maybe a little thick. I'd love to see HT develop in this direction.

If they do, it can't be LED. The light is bright at the base but dim at the tip -- totally un-light sabre-like. If HT does do something, it'd need to be CCFL and I can't see them bothering with that b/c of QC and the wiring. Think how many returns they'd have on the sabre. Just can't see it being worthwhile for them, as it is not a make or break component for anyone deciding whether to purchase the set. If anything, the added expense would turn a lot of people off.

Last edited:

Have you seen the custom battery powered led sabers in the interest section? Those look pretty good, maybe hot toys could do something like that. I don't care either way though.

I like the idea.. but I'm not confident that it would translate to a great, relatively QC free result in a mass market context.

So yeah.. I'm with Sol & Devil on this one.

Back