Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

I agree on your points but personally think HT should have had something to show.

We all know how HT are with their 'announcements'.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

You think they will wait until Sunday to suddenly have something appear. It was a 3 day con and the last day is NEVER the day to show off something new as its the slowest day.

Not to mention they recently got the license and that means they would have just recently begun the aproval process if they even had something ready to hand over to Lucasfilms, but it's not a quick process. I know everyone thinks they had stuff in the pipeline with SS but SS is not going to go out of their way to help get something for HT approved now that they are a direct competitor.

Plenty of reasons, one to make it big announcement, two its not something they are going to throw away after this weekend they will reuse it over and over.

Agreed on all counts, there is no way they would show it at the very end of the Con. I am sure however that Star Wars will be getting the fast track and we will see something hopefully before the end of the year.

I agree on your points but personally think HT should have had something to show.

We all know how HT are with their 'announcements'.
It may take awhile but they generally deliver. I'm just happy they have the license, finally. I'm sure this won't be a BTTF-type wait.

This is interesting, I JUST bought my first Sideshow 1/6 SW figure. Fortunately, I only got the Prototype Armor Boba Fett. I figure Hot Toys won't be touching that one for a long time, if ever. So, I guess I can keep him. Otherwise, I'll be waiting for everything else to come from Hot Toys. This announcement just saved me from buying Ep VI Darth Vader, R2-D2 and the regular Boba Fett.

A question for the veterans: Should I still consider getting the forthcoming Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike from Sideshow or should I just wait on Hot Toys?

This is interesting, I JUST bought my first Sideshow 1/6 SW figure. Fortunately, I only got the Prototype Armor Boba Fett. I figure Hot Toys won't be touching that one for a long time, if ever. So, I guess I can keep him. Otherwise, I'll be waiting for everything else to come from Hot Toys. This announcement just saved me from buying Ep VI Darth Vader, R2-D2 and the regular Boba Fett.

A question for the veterans: Should I still consider getting the forthcoming Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike from Sideshow or should I just wait on Hot Toys?

You will have plenty of time to figure it out. It will likely be a while before the Scout and speeder release, it has not even been put up for preorder yet. In that amount of time we may see just what Hot Toys has in store! That being said I am definitely ordering it!

Yeah, I'd say it will be one PT one OT up first. Most likely ROTS Anakin (as previously reported) and either Solo, Leia or Luke from ANH.
I really want that Episode 3 Anakin to put next my vader or Captain Rex, hopefully the OT stuff turns out great as well, but I would love Episode 3 Obi and Ani from HT

If the scout and bike are to your liking when they are released, why pass on them? It could well be years before HT tackle those particular items. Life's too short no to appreciate a collectible when it's released.

You will have plenty of time to figure it out. It will likely be a while before the Scout and speeder release, it has not even been put up for preorder yet. In that amount of time we may see just what Hot Toys has in store! That being said I am definitely ordering it!

Good advice, I guess I will order it.

If the scout and bike are to your liking when they are released, why pass on them? It could well be years before HT tackle those particular items. Life's too short no to appreciate a collectible when it's released.

The various masked SW characters such as the various troopers, Boba Fett, Darth Vader from SS look pretty solid, is there a real expectation that HT will improve upon them? I ask because I was considering getting Ep VI Vader and getting on the wait list for the regular Boba Fett, but seeing as how those are popular characters I figured HT would release them fairly early. The Scout and bike I can see getting from SS since HT might not get to those for a while.

As for characters with exposed faces, such as Luke, Han, etc. I definitely think HT will be worth the wait.

I guess what I'm really asking is this; what SS figures will seamlessly integrate with the new HT figs and feel/be the same quality?

Good advice, I guess I will order it.

The various masked SW characters such as the various troopers, Boba Fett, Darth Vader from SS look pretty solid, is there a real expectation that HT will improve upon them? I ask because I was considering getting Ep VI Vader and getting on the wait list for the regular Boba Fett, but seeing as how those are popular characters I figured HT would release them fairly early. The Scout and bike I can see getting from SS since HT might not get to those for a while.

As for characters with exposed faces, such as Luke, Han, etc. I definitely think HT will be worth the wait.

I guess what I'm really asking is this; what SS figures will seamlessly integrate with the new HT figs and feel/be the same quality?

It is a toss right now since no one knows what Hot Toys will tackle. Will it be better than previous sideshow offerings? Yes. It is unknown when hot toys will release stuff, but the amount if time before it up for preorder and comes out is pretty long. If boba and vader are ones you want I would go for it. It's all about what you like. I have Boba and Vader and I am not worried about Hot Toys beating them at this point in time, and if they do I will upgrade if I feel that I need to.

It is a toss right now since no one knows what Hot Toys will tackle. Will it be better than previous sideshow offerings? Yes. It is unknown when hot toys will release stuff, but the amount if time before it up for preorder and comes out is pretty long. If boba and vader are ones you want I would go for it. It's all about what you like. I have Boba and Vader and I am not worried about Hot Toys beating them at this point in time, and if they do I will upgrade if I feel that I need to.

Awesome, I guess that's what I wanted to hear. Out of curiosity do those particular figures we've been discussing use HT's True-Type bodies for the base figures? Or, is everything original to SS?

Never was a 12" fan before Sideshow revealed their line. Back in 2004, it was a big step forward, even in terms of human sculpt, and if they get a lot of criticism in that particular area, Sideshow's global offering has great quality. None of their figures are perfect as you'll learn if you read thru most threads on these forums but they are great interprétations nonetheless.
I've been collecting most of their 12" Star Wars line for the last decade and am enjoying every single piece... even if i wouldn't mind a few updates (Bespin Han first comes to mind ^^)
Anyway, owning both ESB Fett and ROTJ Vader, i would recommend them as they are spectacualr figures (expecially if you are starting collecting this scale). Then, you'll have plenty of time to decide if HT propose a better offer when they eventually do.

Never was a 12" fan before Sideshow revealed their line. Back in 2004, it was a big step forward, even in terms of human sculpt, and if they get a lot of criticism in that particular area, Sideshow's global offering has great quality. None of their figures are perfect as you'll learn if you read thru most threads on these forums but they are great interprétations nonetheless.
I've been collecting most of their 12" Star Wars line for the last decade and am enjoying every single piece... even if i wouldn't mind a few updates (Bespin Han first comes to mind ^^)
Anyway, owning both ESB Fett and ROTJ Vader, i would recommend them as they are spectacualr figures (expecially if you are starting collecting this scale). Then, you'll have plenty of time to decide if HT propose a better offer when they eventually do.

You all convinced me! I wait-listed myself for ROTJ Vader and Boba Fett. Sounds like HT would be hard press to improve upon them, so...why not?

For crying out loud. They announce the biggest license in the business and show zilch. Not even teaser art or a preliminary character list? What the heck happened to the Anakin that has supposedly been in development for two+ years?

Want A New Hope Darth Vader in 1/6, not like Sideshow's offering with the skinny arms and parachute pants.

Really hoping for an OT Obi Wan never got the sideshow one

I have the enterbay/medicom han but would really like to see how HT would compare

I have the enterbay/medicom han but would really like to see how HT would compare

Probably favorably if they don't re-use their Indy head sculpt. :rotfl They should honestly sub-contract out the head to Trevor Grove to do it justice.

Funny I can't see HT topping the SS one value wise. I am not sure it will look $250-300 better.

Back