Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Hot Toys can be very narrow minded with their licenses, I doubt we would ever get a Biker Scout or Rebel Pilot from them.

Totally agree. HT are going to stick to big-hitters. I'll still buy some SS items that are less mainstream, but for humans, Boba, Vader and a Stormie, it'll be HT for me.
With this announcement I would expect they have at least 2 figures ready to go.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Wow, my head is going to explode. Is this the biggest run-up to SDCC ever? Last two seem so boring compared to this.

Re: Hot Toys announce Star Wars license

These announcements are so amazing they don't feel real...they feel like dreams. I want to pinch my arm.

It feels like Hot Toys is under new management. First AC Batman then Marty and now new SW Collectibles! If anything from Batman Returns gets shown than they've ticked every box as far as I'm concerned.

Frack me again! :panic:

I also wonder if this means that Medicom lost the SW license. It definitely seems like HT was holding out on a follow up to Luke for their own direct deal with no middle man. Doesn't seem like Sideshow will be involved with HT in this.

And what will this mean in terms of competition between Sideshow and HT both doing the same figures? Everyone will stop buying Sideshow with the hope that HT will eventually make "X" figure.

It would be smart of Sideshow to get ahead of this and work out a "gentleman's agreement" with HT so HT only does certain figures and Sideshow only does certain figures, and make it publicly known.

I'm only really interested in Vader, Grevious, and Maul. And Fett, and maybe Chewie, oh and Palpatine, and maybe the Royal Guards. Oh Jabba too.

Dear Hot Toys,
just a note to say that during the making of the Star Wars films, no rubber was used at any time.

K thnx bye.

I'm sure Chewie is one of HT's prime concerns as they know how long people have been screaming for one.

First announcement: Han DX15

Next? Well, let's see how long it takes between offerings. But hopefully they will organize them like they do with other licenses and we'll get two or three out of the gate within a short window.

Jesus every time I think of a different character, I then think this can now be done by HT and it gets me excited each time.

Jedi Luke...Boba Fett...Vader...Han...Anakin...Dooku...I sure as hell hope they have something on display at one of the shows. This announcement is like a nuke being dropped on the collecting world.

A game changer, like SS's was back in 2005.

I'm only really interested in Vader, Grevious, and Maul. And Fett, and maybe Chewie, oh and Palpatine, and maybe the Royal Guards. Oh Jabba too.

There's no end to the possibilities. I want all main characters from all six movies.

Oh man, this is going to make me break my only-Marvel-from-Hot-Toys rule. Dang it.

I'd like to say I'll get everything they produce, but that's not happening, so give me the ANH six (Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Artoo and Threepio in their primary outfits from IV) and I'm golden. And Vader, too. And Old Ben...and ESB Yoda...and ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan and oh man, this isn't good...

I'm sure Chewie is one of HT's prime concerns as they know how long people have been screaming for one.

Next? Well, let's see how long it takes between offerings. But hopefully they will organize them like they do with other licenses and we'll get two or three out of the gate within a short window.
Han + Chewie two pack DX15 :pray: One can dream of such a wonderful world.

I thought Marty or Doc would be DX15 but Marty's is part of the MMS line and I imagine Doc will be to. With this announcement I think it's very likely Han will be the next DX.

I don't think there will be DX's here. This will be MMS I'd say.

If It's ESB Han, could it be a DX with a carbonate block?

This is a great announcement yet also a scary one. I’m suddenly getting this feeling of “I can’t afford this”. Its going to be hard to turn my back on many of these releases! HARD!!
I’ll have to pick and choose. But which to pick and whack to choose?

Actually I take that back...Han won't be DX15.

"Hot Toys are proud to announce the next figure in our DX line. Since his breakthrough in The Phantom Menace he has become a fan favourite. It is our honour to announce DX15: Jar-Jar Binks."

War between Sideshow and Hot Toys!!!!!

WAR!!!!

Totally agree. Remember that poll that HT ran a couple of years ago. Chewie was the clear winner there, possibly they have been working on a prototype for a while.

I would buy a Jar Jar Binks figure. Visually it's quite an interesting character and as a kid he made me laugh and has given me much joy through the years joking about him (and many haters making funny jokes as well).

Back