Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Hot Toys can do amazing things with the DieCast series! C3PO and R2D2! I just wonder what this will do to Sideshows figures. They will mainly just become a distributor. We will finally get a good yoda figure. The only problem will be that it will cost $200!

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

The original announcement was to announce that they were doing this with SSC but this announcement seems to be saying that they have the license on their own instead.

hot-toys-sideshow-star-wars.jpg

Thanks for that.

Maybe they are still in cahoots with Sideshow but they can advertise their own identity in certain markets?

Yeah, I had to go cold turkey. Gave up SW collecting about a decade ago. But if HT puts out a kickass 1/4 Boba Fett? Might have to reexamine that position.

Weeee more wish lists.

Finally. Now give me my Anakin DX.

I bet some people at SideShow are incredibly unhappy about this.

What are they without Star Wars? I presume they will continue to produce figures on their own, but there is no way they can compete with either quality or price given what we have seen in the last few months.

There must have been major battles been fought behind the scenes, which is why we only got one figure (Luke Bespin). I wonder will SS stop stocking HT at some point in near future? Why support the competition?

Hot Toys can be very narrow minded with their licenses, I doubt we would ever get a Biker Scout or Rebel Pilot from them.

Re: Hot Toys announce Star Wars license

These announcements are so amazing they don't feel real...they feel like dreams. I want to pinch my arm.

What are they without Star Wars? I presume they will continue to produce figures on their own, but there is no way they can compete with either quality or price given what we have seen in the last few months.

There must have been major battles been fought behind the scenes, which is why we only got one figure (Luke Bespin). I wonder will SS stop stocking HT at some point in near future? Why support the competition?

This actually sounds like a SW plot.

Is Palpatine secretly running HT?

I wonder if that Jack Bauer guy knows anything about this.

Best News Ever! :yess: :yess:

“A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away…”

We are extremely excited to officially announce today, Hot Toys has acquired the right to manufacture 1/6th scale and 1/4th scale collectible figures from the STAR WARS universe, including the upcoming highly anticipated Star Wars Episode VII that is set to hit theatres in December, 2015. Look forward to the high-end collectibles from the new movie and the original Episode I – VII!

jonah-hill-mars-volta.gif

giphy.gif

Reminds me of how excited I was back in January 2012 when they announce Batman Returns.....

Hot Toys can be very narrow minded with their licenses, I doubt we would ever get a Biker Scout or Rebel Pilot from them.

True, and by that same logic I can guarantee you they (HT) will release a Vader, a Yoda etc. Why wouldn't they now? They will go for the big bucks. Sideshow have been pricing themselves towards HT lately without doing the homework. How will they respond when their key figures are treated like dog **** next to their new shiny (equivalently priced) Hot Toys versions?

This can't go smoothly for SS. I understood the previous arrangement, where HT were "allowed" to produce agreed non-competitive figures by SS. This is a whole new can of worms.

Begun, this collectible war..has...

Reminds me of how excited I was back in January 2012 when they announce Batman Returns.....

Tell me about it. :(

My first thought was a ROTS Obi-Wan by HT. Of course Luke and Han will look amazing but I've always hoped they would do the best look right.

Back