Hot Toys Spiderman 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally can do without the silver lines, but they aren't all that noticeable on the screen, IMO. They tend to stick out and look bad on smaller toys.

I personally can do without the silver lines, but they aren't all that noticeable on the screen, IMO. They tend to stick out and look bad on smaller toys.

I actually kind of agree with this. I think the costume looks great on screen, but a lot of times when they made toys and stuff the silver can be over the top and really darken the entire look. Hopefully HT can avoid that.

Spidey's outfit changes from film to film, though it's difficult to notice. In Spider-Man 3, the silver web lines on the suit no longer had the semi-reflective effect that the suit from the first 2 films had (in which under certain lighting conditions and angles, the webbing would appear black). In S3, it was a duller, more monochromatic silver.The hexagon pattern on the suit was also more pronounced in S3.

Small details that are fairly negligible, but I hope HT notices them. But if they didn't, it wouldn't be a big deal. Spidey 3 wasn't good, so if they made a Spidey figure that was an amalgam of all three movie suits, that'd be fine with me.

I want venom and spidey and then i'm set for life. I'm glad they picked up the third movie, it may not have been good but it had some of the best character designs.

I thought 3 had the worst designs actually, I'm just happy to be getting Raimi Spider-Man though. But IMO, New Goblin had a lame costume, Venom wasn't what it should've been, and even Symbiote Spider-Man didn't look that good IMO. On the other hand, I loved Doc Ock and, while I can understand some of the hate, I think Green Goblin was a pretty good design too and could translate well to a high quality 1/6 figure, especially with a good Defoe headsculpt.

I thought 3 had the worst designs actually, I'm just happy to be getting Raimi Spider-Man though. But IMO, New Goblin had a lame costume, Venom wasn't what it should've been, and even Symbiote Spider-Man didn't look that good IMO. On the other hand, I loved Doc Ock and, while I can understand some of the hate, I think Green Goblin was a pretty good design too and could translate well to a high quality 1/6 figure, especially with a good Defoe headsculpt.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Pretty much word for word what I would have said. Spiderman 3 was the biggest pile of crap in the series. Everyone's design but regular Spiderman looked retarded in that movie. Give us Spiderman, Doc Ock and Green Goblin with his sweet ass glider and I'll be set.

I'm gobsmacked.

What motivated HT to dig up an old franchise, let alone the poorest instalment thereof? If the company REALLY wanted to make money they would have created a tie in with the upcoming film 'Inception'.

What a waste of time and effort on HT's part. :slap

(*Prepares to run and hide from Spiderman fanboys*)

Bump. :D

I'll pick up Spidey, and maybe Black Spidey. But that's it. Really hated the film version of Venom. Nothing like the Venom we all know and love. Not even close. If it comes with Tobey head, might just set it on fire. :lol Or MJ figure. The entire figure gets set on fire. Really really don't like Dunst as MJ.

At the most I'll get Red and Blue suit spidey and black suit spidey. The only villain I'm interested in is Doc Oc, so as someone said I hope they do odds and sods from diff films. Especially since Spider-Man's look didn't really change over the course of the films apart from the change in suit colour!

I do hope they have good poseability so that we can get some good low down poses which are in character to spider-man. Will suck if the best most natural pose is him stood up straight.

Me Im down for Black and Red and Blue spidey suits... I wonder if theyll do Sandman or Harry... Harry would make good figure... Id buy Venom only mask on though...

Nice finally a great SM fig gonna be done.

Will get Red and Black. I would love a goblin figure if he comes with a Dafoe Portrait (Dafoe was a great Norman) I would also like a PP fig in his wrestling costume.

And you know a Doc Ock is coming (with lights:))

Last edited:
I'm gobsmacked.

What motivated HT to dig up an old franchise, let alone the poorest instalment thereof? If the company REALLY wanted to make money they would have created a tie in with the upcoming film 'Inception'.

What a waste of time and effort on HT's part. :slap

(*Prepares to run and hide from Spiderman fanboys*)

I agree totally

Back