Hot Toys Spiderman 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would almost prefer them to wait and see what is in store for the Spider-Man reboot... who is going to want "last years model" if the new one is a stronger design?

If there's one character that it would be nice to have many different versions of it's Spider-Man. From movies to comics etc. Also what if the reboot sucks? The first two SM films were excellent. (Last years model? PFFT!)

Then why do people constantly yearn for figures of Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman when there are newer models?

X2

If done right this Spider-Man figure could be EPIC. (Interested to see how they pull it off) But i do think they should hurry and get it out, 1qtr 2nd latest of 2011. It still baffles me when the chick from blade is being made when a SM fig is guaranteed $. I wonder if they have even started on these at all yet.

Last edited:
The detail is what makes it so crappy. WAY overdone, and not Goblin at all.

It's a "movie" version of the Green Goblin. The design could have been better (like that original Alex Ross movie art where he had the hood and prosthetic mask) but I think it's fine.

Movies made Batman have an all black suit, gave most super heroes rubber outfits, and made some of the most colorful teams (the X-Men) wear both.

The Green Gobin is fine. Green? Check. Ridiculous looking yet eerily intimidating? Check. I'm sure if they went for the comic Goblin look with the purple, pixie boots, and rubber mask people would still be ripping on it.

It's a modernesque Goblin from the Spider-Man film universe. He'd go well with a Spider-Man and Doc Ock and with HTs attention to detail, old stormin Norman would be fantastic.

In the comics, the Green Goblin looks like an eccentric queen at a Halloween Party! Hardly an intimidating big-screen foe. Sure the Power Rangers suit is cheesy, but looks more practical as battle armor for the militaristic Oscorp.

orkxo8.jpg

This is the best animated gif ever.

Isn't obvious from Ghost Rider? Obviously X-Men, Spider-Man and Blade are bigger licenses/better movies, so of course they'd emphasize those.

No, nothing is obvious. Assumptions run rampant but it doesn't mean they are true. For example people think that Sideshow has a Master Marvel License but they don't. They've confirmed that they have a Marvel license but movies, even alternate universes have to be licensed still which is why we don't see Ultimates, Zombies, etc. It's not all tied together. Seeing Ghost Rider just means they've licensed that just like they did other licenses but it doesn't point to a Master License. Ghost Rider is Sony/Columbia and so is Spidey so it could have been a packaged deal.

It was in one of those catalogue dealies HT gives out at comic con and toy fairs. Eddie wong had a picture of it lemme see if I can find it.

Edit: Here ya go https://www.eddiewong.net/2009/07/19/itts-2009-hot-toys-whats-next-marvel-license/

Read the text below and he tells you what it says, Specifically the wording right under the pic.

I read it. It still doesn't point to a Master License. It points to the fact they are doing movie figures and from various companies but I think people have the idea of a "master license" a bit a skew. When rumors of a DC/WB Batman Master License was runing it pointed to the idea that HT would get all the Batman Movies that WB owned from the Adam West Batman (which is the only Adam West part and piece that can be licensed but not the show) to the Christian Bale Batman and everything in between giving us essentially every Batman possible. That would be a Master License from beginning to end, one that is all encompassing. Obviously that rumor hasn't panned out.

A Marvel Master License would mean any Marvel film ever done that they were involved in would be fair game from the 1999 Spider-Man to next year's Thor but it would also include Fantastic Four, Ang Lee's Hulk and theoretically the Hasselhoff Nick Fury, since that was a Marvel Enterprises project which is the all-encompassing umbrella for Marvel film/tv projects. I don't think we have that. I don't think you'll see a Jessica Alba Sue Storm or even a Eric Bana Banner or Hulk. That would be a Master License.

What happened I believe is that HT busted their ass and while at Sony/Columbia for Spidey snapped up Ghost Rider. Cut a deal with 20th Century Fox for the X-Men trilogy while getting Wolverine: Origins. I think they'll continue to work with studios for the modern films but I wouldn't call it a Master license. It may sound like semantics to some but its important when dealing with what we can be expecting and what we can look towards in the future.

At the end of the day, we're still getting kick-ass figures from all of the major Marvel films from Hot Toys. I'm really don't care what specific license they have, as long as I have a definitive HT representation of every classic Marvel (movie) hero.

I already have Iron Man and Wolverine. With Spidey, Ghost Rider, Captain America and Thor on the way, I can sleep well at night until we get The Hulk. That's still about as comprehensive of a license as I could ever want.

No, nothing is obvious. Assumptions run rampant but it doesn't mean they are true. For example people think that Sideshow has a Master Marvel License but they don't. They've confirmed that they have a Marvel license but movies, even alternate universes have to be licensed still which is why we don't see Ultimates, Zombies, etc. It's not all tied together. Seeing Ghost Rider just means they've licensed that just like they did other licenses but it doesn't point to a Master License. Ghost Rider is Sony/Columbia and so is Spidey so it could have been a packaged deal.

I read it. It still doesn't point to a Master License. It points to the fact they are doing movie figures and from various companies but I think people have the idea of a "master license" a bit a skew. When rumors of a DC/WB Batman Master License was runing it pointed to the idea that HT would get all the Batman Movies that WB owned from the Adam West Batman (which is the only Adam West part and piece that can be licensed but not the show) to the Christian Bale Batman and everything in between giving us essentially every Batman possible. That would be a Master License from beginning to end, one that is all encompassing. Obviously that rumor hasn't panned out.

A Marvel Master License would mean any Marvel film ever done that they were involved in would be fair game from the 1999 Spider-Man to next year's Thor but it would also include Fantastic Four, Ang Lee's Hulk and theoretically the Hasselhoff Nick Fury, since that was a Marvel Enterprises project which is the all-encompassing umbrella for Marvel film/tv projects. I don't think we have that. I don't think you'll see a Jessica Alba Sue Storm or even a Eric Bana Banner or Hulk. That would be a Master License.

What happened I believe is that HT busted their ass and while at Sony/Columbia for Spidey snapped up Ghost Rider. Cut a deal with 20th Century Fox for the X-Men trilogy while getting Wolverine: Origins. I think they'll continue to work with studios for the modern films but I wouldn't call it a Master license. It may sound like semantics to some but its important when dealing with what we can be expecting and what we can look towards in the future.

Yeah I could be reading into it wrong. I was just read this
Yes, that’s right folks. Hot Toys has the license to the Marvel Universe. And the pic above is the announcement teaser from HT’s official catalog.
from that link and took his word on it. I have no real idea if it's true or not. Lately it seems to be turning out that way though. I think the reason I feel it's the whole universe is cause that article doesn't mention Ghost Rider but here he is announced. I dunno I'm just trying to put puzzle pieces together. Your notion could be just as correct.

Like I said its gonna be semantics for most who just care that they are getting figures despite what is going on behind the scene.

meh, if i'm mis-reading it, then I'm mis-reading it. But as log as we get wolverine revisited in an x-men uniform, as well as Cyclops, Magnus, and Rogue, I'm happy.
I'd very much like to see a Kurt as well.

Even though both the Spider-Man Trilogy and X-Men Trilogy were already announced I wonder how long we will be waiting for the figures. There is still Iron Man 2 product to be released and you know they are working on Thor and Captain America already, considering how many licenses HT already has if one is already in preproduction and sculpting I wonder if they'll wait for the new films to be released, capitalize on those and then go back to and highlight these like they did with the Terminator or Predator lines.

Andrew Garfield's film is due out in 2012, theoretically in order to get a figure out in time for film release he'd have to be under production by 2011 and considering there is usually a six month window give or take you'd see a preview in October 2011 or at least around there in order to make the production timelines. I wonder if either HT or Marvel would want a Tobey Maguire Spider-Man out preview even at the end of this year just to have the figure ship mid next year and be followed up with a new Spider-Man figure with a different actor likeness?

Hell X-Men First Class is out next year and the closer and closer we get to the end of the year, the more likely they'll pay more attention to something current than something for lack of a better term nostalgic. Not that they won't happen, I'm sure they will especially if HT took the time to announce it than they want people to know they are coming evidentually but the more HT handles and does between Predators, Terminators, WB licenses, Marvel licenses and all the randoms still flying around one has to wonder if they are stretched too thin at this point. The wait for Aldo Raine or Ghost Rider was really long to the point people were talking about how they thought the licenses were dropped and lets not forget how we are still waiting to see something from their Avatar license.

Back