Hot Toys Spider-Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it looks better than the Medicom SM3 figure(s), then I'm in! I've always liked those, even though they were obviously inaccurate.

I can't believe there's no love for Doc Ock. Just about the best comic book movie villain, a great performance and the design is far superior to most of the comic versions. I'd pay extra for multiple arm sets so they could be used as a stand.

I can't believe there's no love for Doc Ock. Just about the best comic book movie villain, a great performance and the design is far superior to most of the comic versions. I'd pay extra for multiple arm sets so they could be used as a stand.

I'm all for Doc Ock! Of all the movie villains I thought he was the most interesting and closest to his comic persona. The mechanized Goblin really didn't do it for me. Okay for the movie, but not a character I need in my collection. Ock would make a great 1:6 figure on the other hand. I think the articulated arms would be something HT could do extremely well.

For me, none of the Spiderman film villain performances really wowed me, I enjoyed the movies, but I didn't get into any of the villain characters. If any villain was interesting in Spiderman for me it was Harry, you saw more of his life, he developed more, Goblin and Doc Oc just felt like a typical comic villain, nothing really unique beyond their design, just mad men running loose.

I can't believe there's no love for Doc Ock.

Spidey & doc ock FTW!!!!!! ____ everyone else :lecture

I'd buy one, and i bet many others would as well.

I would definitely buy one.

I'm all for Doc Ock! Of all the movie villains I thought he was the most interesting and closest to his comic persona.

Spiderman 2 Spidey and Doc Ock would be my priorities for HT Spiderman figures. Their fight sequences were incredible.

Doc Ock, Venom and both Spidey's is all I need. I can image the poses with Doc Ock and Spiderman.

:cool::cool::cool:

I have my figures in a detolf. I can imagine the awesome scene with Doc Ock and Spidey. Goblin may be cool if they make the glider, it could create cool poses as well.

you know, once spidey hits, more IM, then eventually thor, captain america, you can literally make the friggin avengers.

on the DC side, all we have are bats, joker, supes (then reeves, and then probably the reboot)...man, can't even have a DC vs Marvel thing going on.

ah well, more movie comic book heroes, the better anyway.

If you ever see it out there, do post images here. Like I said, I'm not against cloth, I'm just out for a movie Spiderman that does a good job capturing the distinct look of the film costume, if cloth can come close enough, great.

Sorry to bump this thread as I have NO NEWS ON AN HT SPIDEY, but the custom Spidey figure I saw on eBay AGES ago has another one up from the same seller.

Basically I want to see no less than this and more from Hot Toys:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-Spiderman-action-figure-replica-prop-costume_W0QQitemZ230441727649QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a765b6a1

Sorry to bump this thread as I have NO NEWS ON AN HT SPIDEY, but the custom Spidey figure I saw on eBay AGES ago has another one up from the same seller.

Basically I want to see no less than this and more from Hot Toys:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-Spiderman-action-figure-replica-prop-costume_W0QQitemZ230441727649QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a765b6a1

Looks awesome, and probably worth every cent of that 500 bucks; however it would look even better on a more muscular body, like the one used for the Medicom Comic Spidey version.

I'd definitely be in for Hot Toys Spidey figures.

Ive never tried posing a Hot Toys body to some acrobatic poses though...is it even possible?

That's what I was thinking, but if so, yeah, I'd be up for it.

It might be the one Marvel 12" figure I buy, actually.

Wow, that really sets a bar. I would somewhat expect less from HT, as a custom job has certain luxuries mass production does not, but I do feel it should be quite close to that, the colors are right, teh head and body proportions are fantastic, something the pinhead Medi Spidey lacks.

Wow, that really sets a bar. I would somewhat expect less from HT, as a custom job has certain luxuries mass production does not, but I do feel it should be quite close to that, the colors are right, teh head and body proportions are fantastic, something the pinhead Medi Spidey lacks.

Glad you appreciate it too Sean.

I have always been tempted to get one of these, (the seller lists them sporadically), even with the HT one coming out.

Tempting but I don't care for the character enough to spend as much as that thing's going for. There aren't many characters I'd spend that much for.

Tempting but I don't care for the character enough to spend as much as that thing's going for. There aren't many characters I'd spend that much for.

Yeh, that is a factor for me too, which is why I have never bit the bullet on one. The HT Spidey should be enough.

Only character I would, (and have), spent that much on is The Joker.

I'd spend it on Rambo or Darth Maul, that's about it, but that's talking figures of course, high end statues and busts cost $500 all the time and I've spent that, but for figures that cost no more than $200 from Hot Toys at the moment, hitting the $300+ mark would take something or someone very special to me.

Back