Hot Toys Spider-Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im only interested in symbiote black spidey and the red/blue spidey.

I doubt that they will make the comic version, as that's another different line, compared to the MMS (movie masterpiece series). I think they'd have to announce CMS then :confused: :lol

Doc Oc probably wouldn't happen because I don't think there's enough support for a fat old dude, even if he's got Oc arms,

Disagree.

I could totally see this. Especially if Spidey sold well (which it would) to have to go with Spider-Man. And if for no other reason that i think HT would love to just do it. (i think it depends on if they go with Goblin or SM2) I actually see more support for this than movie Goblin.(Lotta people didn't like the suit, and SM2 is revered as the best in the franchise)

The custom on this board is great, i can only imagine HT doing it.

Hey, didn't Hot Toys hint that they were also making comic versions (Spiderman) as well?

Alot of speculation regarding the entire Marvel license. Movie Masterpieces from Spiderman, X-men and Blade is as close to what we know about the lineup so far. Everything else is speculation.

I am not expecting a large array of figures from any of the announced lineups. IMO it may be for the best.

I want Spiderman, black Spiderman and perhaps Venom. I am not interested in Sandman, Doc Ock or Goblin in their movie reincarnations. In addition, I want Wolverine from X-men and second tier characters like Juggarnaut, Beast, Night Crawler. I am not interested in an 80 year old Magneto, Storm, Jean Gray or Mystique (after seeing Silk II) in 1/6 form. The more I think about it the more less may be best. :huh

I can't help but think a comicbook line would be asking for trouble. With the film versions, the design is what it is. If you recreate popular characters faithfully they will sell well as a rule.

With comicbook versions you face countless design choices and thus countless opportunities to alienate fans. People tend to have very love or hate reactions to Bowen, Sideshow and other companies' comicbook work. Sideshow's early Logan PF comes to mind as how a character that should be a big seller can be utterly botched by 'creative licence'.

Anyway I would love a basic Spider-man movie figure that gets the costume right; otherwise I'd rather see more X-Men stuff.

I just want Spidey to look (literally) like a miniature Spidey from the movie. Costume and all.

Not to doubt Hot Toys, but, for me to spend $150 when I already have a nice SM3 statue from Sideshow, their film Spiderman figure will have to really capture the unique qualities of the film costume, the textures and patterns. If it ends up just being more like a more accurrate colored and better physique version of Medicom's figure, I won't bother, I've already got the Medi figure too. I really like the textures and colors of the film suits and there's just not much point in spending more money unless a figure full comes through on capturing that.

Spiderman 2 Spidey and Doc Ock would be my priorities for HT Spiderman figures. Their fight sequences were incredible.

Not sure how they'd handle Venom. I didn't buy the Medicom one because they made it like it was a guy in a suit just like Spiderman is when in fact Venom doesn't wear a 'costume' - he is the costume. I'd have no interest in Sandman and I don't see how they could make him in any case, nor would I want Goblin 2. Willem Defoes Goblin I would consider even though it looks like a Power Rangers villain.

Not to doubt Hot Toys, but, for me to spend $150 when I already have a nice SM3 statue from Sideshow, their film Spiderman figure will have to really capture the unique qualities of the film costume, the textures and patterns. If it ends up just being more like a more accurrate colored and better physique version of Medicom's figure, I won't bother, I've already got the Medi figure too. I really like the textures and colors of the film suits and there's just not much point in spending more money unless a figure full comes through on capturing that.

Exactly! I too had every Medicom Spiderman piece already so these better wow me. I have a good feeling about these.

Spiderman 2 Spidey and Doc Ock would be my priorities for HT Spiderman figures. Their fight sequences were incredible.

Not sure how they'd handle Venom. I didn't buy the Medicom one because they made it like it was a guy in a suit just like Spiderman is when in fact Venom doesn't wear a 'costume' - he is the costume. I'd have no interest in Sandman and I don't see how they could make him in any case, nor would I want Goblin 2. Willem Defoes Goblin I would consider even though it looks like a Power Rangers villain.

Doc Ock, Venom and both Spidey's is all I need. I can image the poses with Doc Ock and Spiderman. Simply amazing BUT I have doubt HT will go to deep into any of the trilogies.

Even if we just got SM alone it would be a win year for me.

I agree. I prefer additional characters but HT provide the main characters such as: Spiderman, Blade, Wolverine (X-Men), Ghost Rider, Punisher, Daredevil then I am fine.

Consider all the upcoming Marvel titles IM2, Captain America, Thor, Spiderman (reboot), Avengers I will be overrun with Marvel figs. :D

That's all I REALLY want, after that, depending on how the figures turn out, might be tempted but I won't be bummed if that's all we got. Goblin and Doc Oc were interesting visually but I feel no attachment to the designs and the character performances didn't really do anything for me, so if all we got was red blue spidey, I wouldn't be dissappointed like with other lines that didn't have other characters, but for those who want other characters, I wish you luck as much as I've wanted other figures in other lines that never happened.

It'll come with accurate pattern, nice fit and accurate body to fill in that suit plus a peter head sculpt. I dunno man, I doubt that you'd be able to resist those.

me too :D

Thats all I need really.

The rest is just icing.

It'll come with accurate pattern, nice fit and accurate body to fill in that suit plus a peter head sculpt. I dunno man, I doubt that you'd be able to resist those.

I won't resist if they capture the costume right, all I'm saying is, if they don't, then I'll probably pass, having a figure, though flawed, and a nice statue of movie Spidey already, I'm not going to spend more money unless the quality of the figure's appearance meets a certain criteria. And I really don't care if a Parker head is included, I don't care for the look or need it, I just want Spidey himself and hopefully a webslinging right hand, or both hands at least, didn't like the Medicom being only the left.

Back