Hot Toys Spider-Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more the merrier I always say! Competition is always good for the company producing the figures and especially good for us collectors!

Strong bump

With the reboot i hope SM is still in the works. But if not a comic version would still be just great HT.

More like a mega-bump! :lol Well, it's been over 2 years now and not a hint of a Spidey figure from HT, but that's not necessarily a bad sign. They've got some serious Marvel licenses now, which they didn't have when this thread got started, so I'd say chances are much better for a HT Spidey. If they ever do make the Web Slinger, I'd most definitely be interested.:D

I'm pretty certain they said they will be doing spider-man figures, along with the x-men trilogy, blade, etc. Maybe someone else can verify, but yeah im pretty sure they're doing them

I hope they just make comic ones, didn't like Tobey as Spider-Man, didn't like the design for Goblin either.

Doc Ock, Sandman and Venom were all good design wise but the comic versions would be just as good, if not better.

I would like to see both movie and comic figures eventually. The only problem with making comic ones, is that it'd be so hard to make everyone happy because there are so many artist interpretations of characters and I could see people conflicting over which one they use. Then again, HT could probably just do their own interpretations.

I completely agree about a comic Spidey opposed to the movie version. And I never liked the way they "reinvented" the Green Goblin, either. A HT comic version Goblin would totally rock, though!

Easy choice for which artist's Spidey to base the figure on... Steve Ditko's original, of course. (Johnny Romita Sr's Spidey would also do very nicely). While I do like almost all of the other Spidey artist's interpretations in comic form, for a "true to life" Spidey figure, those two artists would be my first picks. :D

I wonder if they would crank out a Maguire Spidey before the end of the year, now that there's no wait for a SM4.

Any previous licensing deals Marvel had in place would still be there after the Disney deal.

And HT has stated they are doing figure(s) from Spider-man and X-men films.

Last edited:
X-men is going to be a problem for them, simply due to the amount of characters to cover in order to make it correctly.

Let's look at it this way. To really cover the Spider-Man trilogy, who would you HAVE to have?

- Spidey (maybe Parker)
- Green Goblin
- Doc Oc
- Venom
- Black Spidey
- Goblin II
- Sandman

And...that's really it. Xmen on the other hand, doesn't have ANY MAIN characters...it's one of the true ensembles. You'd have to do:

- Wolverine
- Cyclops
- Prof X (Please, oh please do this one so I can kitbash an HT Picard!)
- Storm
- Jean
- Rogue
- Magneto
- Mystique

That's a pretty conservative list, and that's just the first film, not to mention all the "must-haves" on other people's lists, like Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Lady Deathstrike, Nightcrawler...ugh. Almost impossible for HT.

X-men is going to be a problem for them, simply due to the amount of characters to cover in order to make it correctly.

For HT, "correctly" means one character and they're out.

So the Spider-man line will consist of...
Spider-man.

The X-men line will consist of...
Wolverine - X-uniform
Wolverine - civies
Wolverine - slightly variant X-uniform from 3rd film and a different hair style.
Wolverine - same thing as above but with PERS.

X2 Nightcrawler has long been my dream HT figure. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...I mean, who saw Blade 2 coming? :lol

I do hope we at least get a Spidey from the Raimi trilogy but I imagine we'd have to get it soon. No doubt Sony will want to push the reboot merch ASAP.

Dave's pretty on the mark I think. People have big expectations but I don't see much coming from these licenses.

Spiderman, I predict will be Red/Blue Spidey, Black Spidey (only if the tech/R&D for Red/Blue can be recycled to get the most of it), and I forsee Goblin between the armor and glider, it's similar to Iron Man and they'll probably want to take it on. Doc Oc probably wouldn't happen because I don't think there's enough support for a fat old dude, even if he's got Oc arms, at HT prices, that'd probably be a $175-$200 figure. And I don't think there's enough support for any villain from SM3.

As for X-Men trilogy, I could see them just doing Wolverine, he's a sure seller and means some more money for them, but with the expanse of characters over the 3 films, I'd be surprised by anybody other than Wolverine being made, and no matter what, it'll be quite an incomplete line.

Dave's pretty on the mark I think. People have big expectations but I don't see much coming from these licenses.

Spiderman, I predict will be Red/Blue Spidey, Black Spidey (only if the tech/R&D for Red/Blue can be recycled to get the most of it), and I forsee Goblin between the armor and glider, it's similar to Iron Man and they'll probably want to take it on. Doc Oc probably wouldn't happen because I don't think there's enough support for a fat old dude, even if he's got Oc arms, at HT prices, that'd probably be a $175-$200 figure. And I don't think there's enough support for any villain from SM3.

As for X-Men trilogy, I could see them just doing Wolverine, he's a sure seller and means some more money for them, but with the expanse of characters over the 3 films, I'd be surprised by anybody other than Wolverine being made, and no matter what, it'll be quite an incomplete line.

I think this is the way the cookie will crumble too ....... To be honest, aisde from Spidey, all i'd want is an awesome Venom. Wolverine is the only character I cared for out of the X-men so i'm good there. I would die for a Red/Blue Spidey, Alien Spidey and Venom on one shelf! I just want Spidey to look (literally) like a miniature Spidey from the movie. Costume and all.

Back