1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope he’s 300 plus.....
Cause I am not getting him at that price, and I need to save money for other figures.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

If anyone remembers the deluxe Tron Legacy figures, you'll recall the cool projection technology they used to put faces in the helmets. While definitely not perfect, at retail costs it was impressive. It would be extremely neat to see if HT could pull off a perfect version of that for the fishbowl effect.

Marvel Studios really should have went with this look. Much more intimidating.

mysterio-2007.jpg

Nah doesn’t look like Mysterio. We shouldn’t see the face, and the costume is different.

There must be a formula that hot toys uses that takes into account popularity, manufacturing, shipping, and price. I'm guessing vulture just didnt have the demand that would justify the price they would need to charge. If vulture comes back, and i think he will, that could change. I'm guessing rhino had the same problem.

Mysterio shouldn't be as complex as vulture or rhino would have been, even with lightup features.

I think electro probably factors into their hesitancy with making spiderman villains.

The Vulture's Flight mechanism put a strike against it. I think that Mysterio has better odds of coming out.

I doubt it. If they going to get all those LEDs into Mysterio I would expect Iron Man type of pricing.. and the possibility of him being diecast.

Putting a few diecast bits on the boots of a figure doesn't make the figure diecast.

No mysterio no spiderman for me. HT passed on Vulture and if they do on Mysterio what's the point of having 20 different Spiderman figures. I want Spidey rogues.

I really want that Vulture still.

Mysterio has zero appeal to me as a design. Basic superhero uniform with a crystal ball for a head. I can't say that's a cool villain look.

Fun fact before filming of SM2 Maguire injured his back filming Seabiscuit and Gyllenhaal was considered to take his place.

I really want that Vulture still.

Mysterio has zero appeal to me as a design. Basic superhero uniform with a crystal ball for a head. I can't say that's a cool villain look.

Yes, so far (without the crystal ball) Mysterio does look like your average, run-of-the-mill Asgardian who tricked out his suit with a few running lights. That said, if/when he turns out to be the true bad guy in the movie maybe his appearance changes/evolves? Marvel could be holding something back. So that's my roundabout way of saying I'll wait and see before deciding to order him. As I doubt he'll go up for order before opening night, that's pretty much a given. :lol

Yeah, he doesn't strike me as a full villain either -- meaning, like Winter Soldier, I think he comes around to the light side. Just based on who's playing him alone.

If I had to throw my hat in the ring, I'd say he's got good intentions and he's trying to be a hero, but he's fabricating all these events to do it. He is a illusionist. In the end he and Spidey will save the day, but two things will happen:

Peter will find out that Quentin is behind it (we'll get a nice character building scene where Mysterio justifies his actions etc while Peter is distraught..."how could you?").

They will save the day, but Peter will get ALL the publicity and credit for it. Jealous Mysterio = motivation to be an antagonist to Spidey.

If I had to throw my hat in the ring, I'd say he's got good intentions and he's trying to be a hero, but he's fabricating all these events to do it. He is a illusionist. In the end he and Spidey will save the day, but two things will happen:

Peter will find out that Quentin is behind it (we'll get a nice character building scene where Mysterio justifies his actions etc while Peter is distraught..."how could you?").

They will save the day, but Peter will get ALL the publicity and credit for it. Jealous Mysterio = motivation to be an antagonist to Spidey.

I could see your scenario playing out! If they're building toward the Sinister Six, Mysterio will have to become Spidey's enemy in some way-shape-or-form by the end. Maybe not utter hatred for Spidey but like Karl Mordo at the end of Doctor Strange.

Back