1/6 Hot Toys Speculation Thread - Avengers 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is also another good look at Cap fig. Looks like a beast. Want him..

56226284_350559239000039_4954579577673555913_n.jpg

Also seems no upgraded HT Stormbreaker thor..yet..

I'm good with CW Cap. Not really into the new rubber Hot Toys is using. To me it cheapens the look and feel of the figure. For those that love it glad you have options.

I will say Ant-man looks really good here! Cant wait for him and Wasp among many others.

Rocket in his old suit. Could they possibly not make him is he new suit? Hmm

54510895_406667970159680_7121868607727588885_n.jpg

54247884_281967672735969_7138752693013563865_n.jpg
Ronin missing his gauntlets to. They didnt really try too hard at this event lol.

I imagine Thor, Rocket, and Ant-Man are all the old figures from their movies here. Maybe they won't re-release them or they aren't ready to show anything (I feel like Thor re-release and Rocket with new suit are likely).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

If I had to guess, i'd say it's because people tend to avoid auctions that don't have genuine pictures of the item you're getting, instead of just stock photos of the figure. I know I do. I could be wrong though.

This. For me also look at seller ratings and comments, 'bay history, shipping, and country. Am more likely to get a pricey item at a higher price (slightly) where I feel secure, vs. someone with minimal feedback. Also re U.S. shippers it's easier to deal with an issue. Unless it's NIB not having good pictures is a red flag for a used items e.g. what is seller hiding and/or to me telegraphs laziness - e.g. fig not cared for, sloppy shipping etc. But I've bought *&^% just for certain parts (cheap).

Tho for the most part my 'bay experiences have been really, really good.

Re Ronin -
The suit he wears for the rest of the film after his initial Yakuza/japan fight scenes is basically this but with the bells and whistles removed. Take off the shoulder pads, the top tunic and arm guards and thats hawkeyes look for the rest of the film. Unfortunately im getting the worrying feeling we wont get the option to have both looks as hot toys will probably just make a ronin without giving the option to remove parts. I hope im wrong as i wanted to swap the sword sheath for his quiver and keep the ninja look. Have him holding the bow and sword. They could do it but i feel like HT will be lazy

Hmmm - Haweye/Ronin may be a two-fer for me like TWS Bucky (3 for him...) Just for display options and sheer badassery. Luv figs I can re-weaponize and different portrait looks. If HT cheaps out bet I can track down some 1/6 diecast katanas.

I'm good with CW Cap. Not really into the new rubber Hot Toys is using. To me it cheapens the look and feel of the figure. For those that love it glad you have options.

Yeah, since I had a meltdown over IW Cap tho ended up w. him more or less kitbashed. IMO guess that HT will just re-hash the Concept Cap material e.g the plastic? canvas? vinyl? scales. Maybe even the pants. I need more pics...happily I have a BD Cap and CW regular Cap, at worst one of 'em could stand in. Just looking at the pics if I ordered everything I just wanted am looking at over $1,000:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 and that's not even the Risen who have yet to make a re-appearance.:monkey3

with Infinity War displays early on, they had older toys that did not get released for the movie (hulk, vision, scarlet witch.)

While we may see a new rocket, doubtful we get another Thor unless he has a major costume change.

with Infinity War displays early on, they had older toys that did not get released for the movie (hulk, vision, scarlet witch.)

While we may see a new rocket, doubtful we get another Thor unless he has a major costume change.

Only Thor I need now is a upgraded first Thor figure with helmet.

I have T1 Thor and Odin. Though I may one day part with Thor and just keep Gladiator Thor as my helmeted Thor.

I like Kurt Russell as both an actor and a person, but I’d have to pass. Not a big enough character nor even villain for me to warrant the purchase.

Back