Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way late to this party, and its all about Ahsoka now... but here's my part...

View attachment 494101

Really love this trooper. One of the BEST since the OT.

Looks great, Wor-Gar! Congrats on finally getting him!

I was wondering what those 2 little sticks were at the front end of your gun--but I see that they are on the side of the gun and can be slid forward! I guess it really does pay to read the instructions!

Thanks all!

And yes, always read the instructions. You never know what little tidbit you'll get. This time around, the HT instructions were actually very clear about how to put the various mask looks on Han Solo.

In a couple days I'll take the mask off and see what I've done to the beautiful Han sculpt underneath.

Great pics. So which trooper do you think is the best since the OT? I'm leaning toward the RO Shoretroopers.

The trooper designs in R1 and Solo were almost all really good and fit well into the OT. Though I, unlike so many here, enjoy the ST I?m not keen on the iTroopers.

Leaving aside the stormtrooper re-design, which is a separate discussion, I would say the Mudtrooper.

Other new troopers are all great, but I might find them over-designed, derivative, or unappealing colour-wise.

This thing looks practical, real-world, a perfect grunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaving aside the stormtrooper re-design, which is a separate discussion, I would say the Mudtrooper.

Other new troopers are all great, but I might find them over-designed, derivative, or unappealing colour-wise.

This thing looks practical, real-world, a perfect grunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, over-design is the biggest threat to the aesthetics of SW. I think the spin offs and The Mandalorian almost avoid that. The ST and in some ways the PT is in many ways over-designed imo. Not as much as most superhero costumes, but still.

Just got notice from BBTS that my mudtrooper is in so will at least get one! Hope Popcultcha gets there allotment so I can get a second one. :)

Cmon TNS figures what is taking so long to ship these guys out. Maybe need to try emailing them.

I'd given up on ever receiving this figure.

The tracking has said 'Leaving overseas' since August 15th, while the regular Solo he'd been travelling with has already been delivered.

I just tried the tracking again and it's suddenly changed to 'Due to be delivered today' (it's at the delivery office 5 miles away).

All the other usual tracking points, of which there are normally four of five, were completely missed out.

I've never seen tracking just jump from 'Leaving overseas' to 'Due to be delivered today'.

Now I'm wondering why it missed all those bar code scans. Is the box badly crushed? Is he an ex-Mudtrooper? :panic:

I'd given up on ever receiving this figure.

The tracking has said 'Leaving overseas' since August 15th, while the regular Solo he'd been travelling with has already been delivered.

I just tried the tracking again and it's suddenly changed to 'Due to be delivered today' (it's at the delivery office 5 miles away).

All the other usual tracking points, of which there are normally four of five, were completely missed out.

I've never seen tracking just jump from 'Leaving overseas' to 'Due to be delivered today'.

Now I'm wondering why it missed all those bar code scans. Is the box badly crushed? Is he an ex-Mudtrooper? :panic:

Nah don?t worry. That happens :)

Nah don?t worry. That happens :)

Hope so!

Sometimes an odd tracking event is skipped, but I've never seen a whole string of them omitted.

With this order I got so used to seeing the tracking remain unchanged I couldn't believe what I was reading!

Hope so!

Sometimes an odd tracking event is skipped, but I've never seen a whole string of them omitted.

With this order I got so used to seeing the tracking remain unchanged I couldn't believe what I was reading!

With my Agent K from KG Hobby the same thing happened. The updates exist in their system, but doesn?t appear on the tracking site.

With my Agent K from KG Hobby the same thing happened. The updates exist in their system, but doesn?t appear on the tracking site.

Must be a sign of the times. Expect the unexpected!

EDIT: He just arrived. Box not crushed, everything in perfect condition. :)

I want to display the figure as a random Mudtrooper with the goggles and mask on, but save the Han sculpt from damage.

As planned, I've carved up a Xensation Dredd sculpt to fit inside the hair.

First Mud:

50277245338_582036756f_c.jpg

50277918991_6a48a6d0b7_c.jpg

I'm currently gluing a neck cup to the sculpt so it can be firmly attached to the neck, as the mask hoses are so springy they constantly want to push the head up.

Back