Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solo used a lot of the same props form Rogue One, and even the same costume designer.

We saw RO Stormtroopers using the same armor in the movie at the spaceport.

I’m reasonably sure the Mimban Stormtroopers are RO Troopers with a cape and the blast shield on the forehead.

There’s a picture of the Black Series 6” Mimban Trooper up there for reference, but that doesn’t count since Hasbro is just reusing their one and only 6” Stormtrooper mold which was based off their OT Sandtrooper. They did not make RO Stormtroopers.

Any other perceived visible differences with the Mimban Stormie might be down to the mud and battle damage. It’s make the most sense to just take the existing armor and add mud for the scenes.

The second picture makes the armor look identical to the RO comparison photo.

The top dome of the mimban trooper is new though. It doesn’t have the band continuing across the forehead

Seems like HT is just testing reactions with these pictures. Like they did with the shore troopers. Even though the RO figures seem to have sold fairly well when looking at the aftermarket prices... but maybe the preorder numbers were low and therefor the edition small.

This looked good too... seem familiar? Never got the other two... (one was Squad Leader)

View attachment 411759

View attachment 411762

In cases like that I have no idea why they don't just either add $25 to the price and put all the components in there to make each variation. They make more money because they charge everyone who wants a trooper. Or do a regular and then a deluxe with rest the components for release at the same time. Or release accessory packs. I don't know if they think they won't sell or something but looking at what people pay for random 1/6 parts they can make a killing releasing accessory packs if they don't want to do full release with bodies.

Seems like HT is just testing reactions with these pictures. Like they did with the shore troopers. Even though the RO figures seem to have sold fairly well when looking at the aftermarket prices... but maybe the preorder numbers were low and therefor the edition small.

I'm certain that's the case.

I'm sure the edition sizes will be smaller for any of these Solo-themed figures, if for no other reason than retailers don't want to get stuck with product-heck, every HT figure from TFA (with the exception of the single-box Solo) is easily available for the retail price or discounted. The Disney-era figures haven't caught on with collectors like the classics have.

Sad part is, these trooper designs are more visually interesting as figures and call back to the OT designs.

Just PO'd the Solo version - hope the other two go up as well. (I hope the Solo portrait gets altered a bit with a different expression to distinguish it from the regular version)

Last edited:
Shoretrooper was most likely scarce due to the lack of preorders as I’m sure most collectors were snatching up the other RO trooper releases - Death Troopers, Stormtroopers, Jedha 2pks - which is why they didn’t produce the other variants, as others have mentioned. Not enough want? Why should we make it??
Mudtrooper and Enfys were the only designs I was looking forward too before the film’s release and since then the other versions have grown on me.
Hopefully HT meets their PO count for this to make the other troopers.
But also in all reality i’ll only display this as a Mudtrooper.

While the movie was decent much like R1 some of the new designs etc. too cool to pass up. I’ll grab Han Mud Trooper or Mud Trooper whichever is available. Don’t need Han so I’ll give it some time to see if regular version drops.

Shoretrooper was most likely scarce due to the lack of preorders as I’m sure most collectors were snatching up the other RO trooper releases - Death Troopers, Stormtroopers, Jedha 2pks - which is why they didn’t produce the other variants, as others have mentioned. Not enough want? Why should we make it??
Mudtrooper and Enfys were the only designs I was looking forward too before the film’s release and since then the other versions have grown on me.
Hopefully HT meets their PO count for this to make the other troopers.
But also in all reality i’ll only display this as a Mudtrooper.

Yes HT can also shoot themselves in the foot by showing several variants like the Shoretrooper.

People like myself were waiting for the Squad Leader, then if not many people order the first version there "appears" to be no interest then they decide not to
make any of the other variants. Bad strategy HT !!

I really want this trooper for my imperial ranks, but don't need it with the Solo sculpt. Was already set to PO the deluxe Solo bc I loved the train heist scene. Concerned about the Shoretrooper conundrum as has been mentioned in this thread already. I do not want to lose out on the Mudtrooper waiting for the officer. Decisions decisions...

Well, HT boned itself with the Shoretrooper offering the worst of the three first... so no one ordered waiting for the others to drop, but because no one ordered HT figured no one cared.

Way to go, HT!

Here at least they offered a Mudtrooper + Han -- which is good because I don't want plain old new Han, but I like having him in Imperial garb.

The next, if at all, would be standard Mudtrooper with that ammo punch I guess, and the extra bits on his belt. A better trooper, but minus the Han head. I would pick up the ammo pouch once its parted out.

That said, I don't expect Solo to offer much in the way of figures especially with its boxoffice. That's why I'm grabbing the Mudtrooper NOW while there's even one available.

Given the Shoretrooper resale value, I imagine the flippers will be all over this one.

I'm thinking if a month of two goes by without a normal Mudtrooper coming out then I will preorder if its still possible. I just think the Han version would look a little off compared to my other troopers w/ the exposed skin, lack of utility (?) belt, and non-trooper stand, but I'm probably being picky about that. I also haven't seen the film yet, so maybe that might help with the decision.

I'm thinking if a month of two goes by without a normal Mudtrooper coming out then I will preorder if its still possible. I just think the Han version would look a little off compared to my other troopers w/ the exposed skin, lack of utility (?) belt, and non-trooper stand, but I'm probably being picky about that. I also haven't seen the film yet, so maybe that might help with the decision.

Looks like the regular mudtrooper would come with 1) utility belt, 2) longer black cape and 3) the brown ammo pouch.

The exposed neck looks like an easy fix -- just pull the green scarf up higher.

Back