Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But-but.... RO itself created that plot hole....:dunno:rotfl

Ackbar_Horror.gif

There you go again trying to interject facts into a discussion Talibane...

So in other words, you didn?t get that we were joking [emoji28] ...and if you really think that adding diversity to a SW cast is a plot hole, then wow.

I'm well aware this isn't a serious discussion. And I wouldn't call the difference in cast a plot hole, but it is certainly an inconsistency that you would have to be blind not to notice if transitioning from RO into ANH. Insert Chris Farley gif here.

I'm well aware this isn't a serious discussion. And I wouldn't call the difference in cast a plot hole, but it is certainly an inconsistency that you would have to be blind not to notice if transitioning from RO into ANH. Insert Chris Farley gif here.

It's like if you did a prequel to the Great Escape or Stalag 17 set in the same camps just days earlier and that intertwines closely with the classic movie plots and even has the same Nazi characters - but made over 3/4 of the new POW cast either non-white or female, and you even add a turncoat Nazi who happens to be non-white.

And people then pretend not to notice it, and anyone who does notice it is called out as being against diversity. To me it's just about common sense and logic - but this is more about emotion.

Casting is an emotionally loaded and strange thing today (eg a non-trans actor must not play a trans character, casting of non-white actors to play real white historical figures) - it really gets to people, so you really can't question it or discuss it in any logic-based way. So best to just end it here.:lol

It's like if you did a prequel to the Great Escape or Stalag 17 set in the same camps just days earlier and that intertwines closely with the classic movie plots and even has the same Nazi characters - but made over 3/4 of the new POW cast either non-white or female, and you even add a turncoat Nazi who happens to be non-white.

And people then pretend not to notice it, and anyone who does notice it is called out as being against diversity. To me it's just about common sense and logic - but this is more about emotion.

Casting is an emotionally loaded and strange thing today (eg a non-trans actor must not play a trans character, casting of non-white actors to play real white historical figures) - it really gets to people, so you really can't question it or discuss it in any logic-based way. So best to just end it here.:lol

...and yet you do discuss it. And here I thought that we were both joking about this being and ?issue?. Apparently both of us didn?t... but yes, let?s leave it at that since we know where it would go next.

...and yet you do discuss it. And here I thought that we were both joking about this being and ?issue?. Apparently both of us didn?t... but yes, let?s leave it at that since we know where it would go next.

But if you thought it was an issue and were joking, then me joking about that issue would turn it into a joke and not a serious discussion, wouldn't it? But then apparently both of us weren't aware of that... and we know where that would lead. But yeah let's leave it.

:lol

Some pics off my phone. Really really like this figure. Definitely will be a standout in my collection. I wish the weathering in the helmet was a more but it?s there.

83b1bebb2949dd64b84e27fb379de8eb.jpg

5212fee855dc3b446ceb43b3fb8f7a41.jpg

84449404e4497e03de7bb28e760a1f39.jpg

f980d922a96ecf27e9fb8e7da8d37cee.jpg

8cf150f9860837285f42f5e4d72345be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pics. Do any parts of the mask move/come off? I wasn't sure if the headsculpt was actually under the mask or if they swap it out.

It looks really cool. The weathering on the cape/poncho looks better than the uniform though. Goggles look really well done.

Thanks for the pics. Do any parts of the mask move/come off? I wasn't sure if the headsculpt was actually under the mask or if they swap it out.

Yeah curious about this too.

Some pics off my phone. Really really like this figure. Definitely will be a standout in my collection. I wish the weathering in the helmet was a more but it?s there.

83b1bebb2949dd64b84e27fb379de8eb.jpg

5212fee855dc3b446ceb43b3fb8f7a41.jpg

84449404e4497e03de7bb28e760a1f39.jpg

f980d922a96ecf27e9fb8e7da8d37cee.jpg

8cf150f9860837285f42f5e4d72345be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome pics. I am thinking of buying this and the regular Han for my display.

Love the closer pic of the helmet - almost looks like a full size costumed person pic.

The weathered metallic finish on the goggles came out great. Figure looks nicely muddied throughout. Thanks for the shots Rbeato.

Back