1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - CHEWBACCA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tbh, Chewy was the biggest fun surprise in Solo - he was a terrific standout, even more so than Glover.

I hope Hasbro does a "Han/Chewy meeting" figure set (with part of the dungeon and muddy Chewy/Han) - loved that scene.

Sad that HT seems to have delivered such a junk figure.

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing a pic of a Hasbro style figure Chewie covered with mud.

sec_170504.jpg

Solo is bombing hard at the box office so we probably wont see new Chewbacca

I would gladly wait and save my $$ for holy ESB 2 pack Han & Chewie

I really want a chewbacca, i don't like the darkness of the ANH one really hope a solo one comes out..

A comparison with TFA version shows that it's definitely a new chewie in the works...the nose looks like a new sculpt,as do the mouth/lips...the darker fur looks to be more of an accurate grey color as well....but they need to darken the lighter orange fur...
Maybe they'll tweak it before production...
View attachment 412047

I thought the ANH head looked basically perfect or as good as you can get. I don't know how they ****ed it up twice since. Their Solo Chewie reminds me of how teenage Groot looks. He's 190 vs. like 200ish years old between Solo and ANH, he should look basically exactly the same.

I thought the ANH head looked basically perfect or as good as you can get. I don't know how they ****ed it up twice since. Their Solo Chewie reminds me of how teenage Groot looks. He's 190 vs. like 200ish years old between Solo and ANH, he should look basically exactly the same.

It might be the articulated mouth that did it, but yes, they should see that it’s not worth the loss of whatever likeness the ANH had.

I thought the ANH head looked basically perfect or as good as you can get. I don't know how they ****ed it up twice since. He's 190 vs. like 200ish years old between Solo and ANH, he should look basically exactly the same.

Exactly this. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Those pink lips look atrocious.

Granted that sculpture looks kind of dopey, but doesn't Chewie have pinkish lips though?

urn-newsml-dpa-com-20090101-180507-99-203623-large-4-3-jpg.jpg

theres-just-something-special-about-seeing-chewie-and-han-in-the-falcon-cockpit.jpeg

han_solo_star_wars_-_h_-_2015.jpg

Granted that sculpture looks kind of dopey, but doesn't Chewie have pinkish lips though?

urn-newsml-dpa-com-20090101-180507-99-203623-large-4-3-jpg.jpg

theres-just-something-special-about-seeing-chewie-and-han-in-the-falcon-cockpit.jpeg

han_solo_star_wars_-_h_-_2015.jpg

He does. But because of the fur line they become very pronounced.
I think HT should sculpt the face. Just the area around the mouth, nose and eyes. It must be possible to do a transition to hair around the face that looks better than it does now.... or they should just be happy with how they did the ANH version.

I wouldn't want a mix of sculpt and fur. They did it right on the ANH one, shouldn't be too difficult to replicate it. Like I said before the Solo Chewie should be the same figure as before. The fur on his head is all screwed up too. lol how do you get worse and then even worse with each subsequent release? You're supposed to learn from your mistakes.

I wouldn't want a mix of sculpt and fur. They did it right on the ANH one, shouldn't be too difficult to replicate it. Like I said before the Solo Chewie should be the same figure as before. The fur on his head is all screwed up too. lol how do you get worse and then even worse with each subsequent release? You're supposed to learn from your mistakes.

lol its frustrating! maybe they will get him right for empire with 3po on his back :)

lol its frustrating! maybe they will get him right for empire with 3po on his back :)

This would be the hope but after seeing the latest proto I am not counting on it. The ANH wasn't perfection but it can look very good. It was a terrific accomplishment by HT as many said a great Chewie with real fur couldn't be mass produced at a reasonable price and they did just that. Unfortunately the next two attempts have gone backwards. If holding out I would grab V1 now.

This would be the hope but after seeing the latest proto I am not counting on it. The ANH wasn't perfection but it can look very good. It was a terrific accomplishment by HT as many said a great Chewie with real fur couldn't be mass produced at a reasonable price and they did just that. Unfortunately the next two attempts have gone backwards. If holding out I would grab V1 now.

its crazy how acompany like hot toys can look at the force awakens chewie and solo chewie and think theyre good enough. i have both anh and fa. i customized the upper lip but im doing more. nothing to lose when he looks as bad as the hasbro one lol

its crazy how acompany like hot toys can look at the force awakens chewie and solo chewie and think theyre good enough. i have both anh and fa. i customized the upper lip but im doing more. nothing to lose when he looks as bad as the hasbro one lol

Yep totally agree with that comment. Especially with TFA version.....but I guess in the end it's all about money and thinking people would buy him anyway because of old Han and "Chewie we're home".

He does. But because of the fur line they become very pronounced.
I think HT should sculpt the face. Just the area around the mouth, nose and eyes. It must be possible to do a transition to hair around the face that looks better than it does now.... or they should just be happy with how they did the ANH version.

That's a good point, the sculpt as is does look like his lips are having an allergic reaction... I could definitely see a mix of sculpt and hair being the best middle ground if they pull it off just right, but there's a danger of it looking he has a crusty fur matting above his lip if done poorly.

Does anyone know if the actual Chewie costume had differences between TFA and the OT/Solo? Because I could swear I read that Chewie's costume was updated to have a paunch and greying fur, but I don't really see that on the HT figure.

Imo the ANH version looks the worst... My TFA one looks better I think

Back