1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - CHEWBACCA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This does look a little off but I'll wait to see more shots of him before really judging. I haven't picked up a Chewbacca but it looks like I missed my opportunity with the ANH one.

ANH Chewie might have his facial issues (i.e. Dark with minimal highlights), however there is no denying fur colour does capture 100% OT!!!

What...there is plenty of room to deny....

Every Chewie looks bad..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rMETzC2.jpg
giphy.gif

Nuf said !

Soooo... what happened to Chewie between this and the FA one?, or is this just a lack of good futzing? I have the ANH Chewie that came in the two pack with Han! I LOVE it, but it did need a bid of futzing because how the fur lays makes a BIG difference as far as how it looks and the likeness. But I would have assumed that the FA and this one would just be the same figure; Chewie doesn't really look that different. But is it not the same figure? is it actually a different figure from the ANH run? If so, why did they change it?

Soooo... what happened to Chewie between this and the FA one?, or is this just a lack of good futzing? I have the ANH Chewie that came in the two pack with Han! I LOVE it, but it did need a bid of futzing because how the fur lays makes a BIG difference as far as how it looks and the likeness. But I would have assumed that the FA and this one would just be the same figure; Chewie doesn't really look that different. But is it not the same figure? is it actually a different figure from the ANH run? If so, why did they change it?

?? I think you mean it should be the same as ANH, not TFA. Timeline wise.

I think the problem is they sold all their ANH Chewies because he wasn't that bad for a first effort. So all they had were plenty of TFA Chewies laying around, so used him as a fill in.:lol

Can't imagine this is the end product. He didn't have hair colouring like this in Solo at all.

edit : if they do repackage the TFA version to sell as shown here, then this will definitely change my opinion of HT.

?? I think you mean it should be the same as ANH, not TFA. Timeline wise.

I think the problem is they sold all their ANH Chewies because he wasn't that bad for a first effort. So all they had were plenty of TFA Chewies laying around, so used him as a fill in.:lol

Well yeah, timeline wise I would expect Solo Chewie to look most like ANH, but I guess I didn't even know that TFA Chewie figure's were really any different? I suppose now that you mention it the fur is a bit lighter, but besides that is it actually constructed different?

Anyway, glad I got the ANH one.... very happy with that one.

I don’t know if I’ve ever said a HT product looks genuinely bad. Now I have because this one is terrible.

ANH Chewie is clearly the best out of all the Chewie releases.

To me, it sucks because Chewie makes or breaks the two packs imo.

HT should just sculpt the head. Forget the real fur for the face.

Well yeah, timeline wise I would expect Solo Chewie to look most like ANH, but I guess I didn't even know that TFA Chewie figure's were really any different? I suppose now that you mention it the fur is a bit lighter, but besides that is it actually constructed different?

Anyway, glad I got the ANH one.... very happy with that one.

Yep me too ! To think I even considered they could improve on attempt #3 as a possible replacement........

Chewy seems to get blonder with each movie (especially in the face). His fur seemed more brown in ANH.

A big pass on collagen-lipped Chewie and I-wanna-be Starlord Solo.

Is the movie as much of a miss as these figures are? (Not going until the weekend)

A big pass on collagen-lipped Chewie and I-wanna-be Starlord Solo.

Is the movie as much of a miss as these figures are? (Not going until the weekend)

I really enjoyed it and would love another chapter to the story.

Back