1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - CHEWBACCA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, can't wait to see some of the HT troopers from Solo. I liked that Black Series trooper design - Mudtrooper I think, with the cape.

:exactly: Completely agree with you there!

What a strange thing - V.1 Chewy is a 8/10, V.2 Chewy is a 6.5/10 and V.3 Chewy is a 5.5 or 6/10. Aren't products supposed to improve each time?

You know - for a split second I considered selling my ANH Chewie expecting that they'd perfect this one.

Boy did I nearly screw up.

You know - for a split second I considered selling my ANH Chewie expecting that they'd perfect this one.

Boy did I nearly screw up.

Completely agree. Really, the ANH isnt that bad if you comb it. I dont know whats going on at hot toys.

If the bottom lip was placed where the top lip is it would look better. I'm not sure why they keep giving him a duck bill? But agreed the likeness isn't there.

Don't get me wrong I like the new bandolier. I'm not sure why it changed for this movie. Revenge of the Sith (before Solo) he had the original style. Just curious.

It literally looks like they threw him together for a last minute shot... you know, to preview it worldwide. :slap

ANH Chewie is awesome and proof that they can get it right, they just don't want to. They're all in for the human figure "quick" buck but give zero damns about creatures now.

Yeah he doesn’t look the greatest. It isn’t a full reveal yet though so I’m not going to freak out like everyone else yet as they could always still tweak it.

I'm guessing it's the complications of the fur. It's one thing to sculpt a head. It's another thing to sculpt a head, all the while guessing what it will look like when the fur is added - by factory workers. I'm very happy with my ANH version (I was apparently one of the lucky ones with a lighter colored face), but I can see how this would be a real hit-and-miss situation. How many times would they trash prototypes then try again, before time commitments and money make it necessary to release the figure?
Maybe it'll be like BvS Batman, and the production one will be miles better than the proto...

ANH Chewie might have his facial issues (i.e. Dark with minimal highlights), however there is no denying fur colour does capture 100% OT!!!

Yes, looks terrible! But I think it's completely fixable on HT's end. A boardie here (sorry I can't remember who!) did a magnificent job of fixing Chewie but had to chop up the structure of the face sculpt in order to do it. If HT would just re-adjust some of the aspects of the face (upper lip length, space between eyes, etc), it would go a long way.

He looks so different than ANH, like a lot thinner. It doesn't really make sense seeing as it's like 10 years earlier than ANH for someone over 100 years old? He should look exactly the same.

Back