Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pi

Went ahead and ordered 2. Who knows what will happen two years from now, so what the hell. I can be happy knowing I have a snow speeder and dagobah landing luke on the way.

Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pi

Conflicted on this release.

I have the sideshow version and think it’s pretty great but this version does look better and have better accessories I just don’t know if it is that much better the upgrade too.

But it does show you how out of touch sideshow got with pricing two years ago as their release cost the same as this versions!

I just wish hot toys would make some of the older sideshow release like bespin Han, mace Windu and Yavin Luke or all new characters before going after the more recent sideshow releases which are admittedly quite good still.

I have the sideshow version and think it?s pretty great but this version does look better and have better accessories I just don?t know if it is that much better the upgrade too.

But it does show you how out of touch sideshow got with pricing two years ago as their release cost the same as this versions!

I just wish hot toys would make some of the older sideshow release like bespin Han, mace Windu and Yavin Luke or all new characters before going after the more recent sideshow releases which are admittedly quite good still.
If I remember right SS was $280. The reason I skipped it the first time. After shipped its $300. No 1:6 Sideshow Figure is worth $300 to me. Decided I'd wait for the inevitable HT release.

Came close to kicking myself and ordering this at inflated secondary market a few times, but I'm glad I continued to wait. I'm more comfortable paying $300 for a HT.

I'm with you in HT doing more back catalog SS releases. We NEED Bespin Han.

Id love an updated Yavin Luke, but only if HT gave us a new sculpt. I'm not a fan of their New Hope Luke. And I feel they would just throw that sculpt on a Yavin release. Lazy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

265$ with same head sculpt ? come on Hottoys you're better than this.

Glass case around the baseball is to keep people from touching it. Put that baseball on a cheap plastic stand that says "Baseball" with a cardboard cutout of a blurry stadium and someone swinging a bat and see how fancy it looks.

Ohh that god awful Krennic stand :lol perfect figure otherwise.

However, the price increase is expected and we’ll all reach a point we are either priced out of this hobby or really have to limit which figures/lines we collect.

I don't know, but I see that statement being posted here every year for the past ~8 years. :lol

I have the sideshow version and think it?s pretty great but this version does look better and have better accessories I just don?t know if it is that much better the upgrade too.

This was a perfect opportunity to tease bespin han again, as he interacted with this luke. Also, I feel like ht only makes older sideshow releases. Right now my preorders are
Aotc yoda
Snow speeder luke
Rex
Cody
Qui gon
Clone wars anakin
death trooper
Except for the ro (mandalorian) figure, all redone sideshow.

I am curious to see how many unique figures hot toys made from the ot and pt that were not made by sideshow. Chewbacca, tarkin, and dooku being the biggest from each trilogy by hot toys.
Off the top of my head
Tarkin
Dooku
Royal guard
Death Star gunner
Wicket
Chewbacca
Space trooper
Endor luke
Endor leia
Hoth leia
Bespin leia
Gonk

I am sure I missed some.
That is not many, and I know hot toys had to deal with the new Disney films and sideshow went Clone crazy.

Anyway, next month is Clone Wars kenobi? That is my bet. Or a new mandalorian after a season 2 trailer.

That side by side really shows they messed up quite a few details. Even SS got the chin straps right. And the Chest box looks off too with the round silver switch placement and it's blue tinge. SS got those details right too but their box is a little undersized. If you want a helmeted "Hoth" portrayal the SS really is the better figure in my opinion. I'm still planning on picking this up as a Dagobah landing version sans helmet.

I completely agree with you. I?ve pre ordered this figure for a Dagobah version, but for me the SS version is the better and more accurate version by a fair distance. It?s my favourite figure in my collection. I hoping that by the time this comes out someone like Jinx will have sculpted a decent ESB Luke sculpt that can replace the very sub par head sculpt.

Imagine if before General Kenobi we get a surprise Asajj Ventress (Clone Wars)

I completely agree with you. I?ve pre ordered this figure for a Dagobah version, but for me the SS version is the better and more accurate version by a fair distance. It?s my favourite figure in my collection. I hoping that by the time this comes out someone like Jinx will have sculpted a decent ESB Luke sculpt that can replace the very sub par head sculpt.

There really has been no home-run young Luke sculpt, unfortunately. The customs have all been slight misses too aside from the Inigo windswept Barge Luke, but that's obviously way too scene specific to use outside that.

You would think more attempts would be made, given that many seem dissatisfied with the HT sculpts. I hope if HT does X-wing Luke we'll finally see another attempt at Farmboy era Luke.

Can't wait to celebrate the 42nd ESB anniversary with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b205c891643cada75d47744cdbfe3a3c.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

This figure looks great and all (preordered) but where is General Maximillian Veers??
I know... probably the lowest on peoples 40th figure list but currently my most wanted from ESB.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

I guess, but I'm not sure what a totally random musing about a non existent Asaj Ventress figure as she relates to a CW Kenobi figure has to do with Snowspeeder Luke. Especially when there is a CW thread and a CW Kenobi thread.

Back