Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Secret base proto jacket also seems to have a slight gloss to it as well unlike the sideshow one. Definitely a better proto shown on toystv cast

Cheap alu foil snow base : CHECK :lol

Check again. :wink1:

HT Luke Snowspeeder base.jpg

They obviously sent SS their very first prototype, and kept the updated one for themselves.

:lecture

Yes, the Hot Toys preview looks way better!

A DX release with an additional Luke in Dagobah training gear would have been epic, particulary to coincide with the 40th anniversary.

It's not just futzing. It's literally a different figure with completed weathering.

Plus it hasn't been sabotaged by the numpties at Sideshow.

Comparison:

View attachment 491003

View attachment 491004

Lol at anyone who thinks the difference is only down to bad futzing. These are two different figures with the secret base version being far superior. This is far closer to the quality I would expect from HT. That Sideshow proto should never have been seen by the public.

Wow. They're not even close to being the same figures. Well this is a definite purchase now... looks like SSC version will be getting a Wedge conversion.

^^^ Now THAT is an OT figure! This is hands down the best of all the new reveals. That base though :(

If Joost actually comes through with 1/6 Snowspeeder, I?m buying two of these. Thank the maker HT showed a more refined proto.

Wipes the floor with Sideshow's. Head sculpt is a placeholder surely.

It's not just futzing. It's literally a different figure with completed weathering.

Plus it hasn't been sabotaged by the numpties at Sideshow.

Comparison:

Ok. I?ll change my post.

My reaction to everyone flipping their views on this figure saying it?s good after now seeing a proper prototype vs a clearly rushed prototype.

tenor.gif

Ok. I?ll change my post.

My reaction to everyone flipping their views on this figure saying it?s good after now seeing a proper prototype vs a clearly rushed prototype.

tenor.gif

Why show a ****** thrown together prototype in the first place though? Obviously people are going to criticise it.

I told you I wasn?t worried. Lo and behold. This is Hot Toys near the top of their game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few thoughts:
Phenomenal looking
I hate sideways glances
Close his mouth
The base sucks
Everything except the sculpt and base look great
We are in bad shape with Star Wars when they can?t even muster up a few extra prototypes. Those 2 figures every person on here wants don?t seem to be close.
Still, this is insta buy even with the damn side eyes. It?s the look my wife gives every time I say something dumb, which is often.

Hoping this leads to a Red 5 version soon. This might be the first fig I buy multiples of in a long time.

Back