Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Looks a million times better! A completely different jacket. If it looks like this I?ll have this one on display and the SSC one goes into the Snowspeeder.

I can't think of another case where a proto has been shown then just a day or two later a quite different proto is shown. Very weird.:dunno

Maybe the fact there are two protos means it has a better chance of making it to PO?

It's amazing to think it's almost 4 1/2 years ago (March 2016!) that Sideshow first previewed their Luke Snowspeeder.:horror

Was he wearing his snowspeeder outfit for the dagobah landing scenes? Or did he wear the xwing ones?

It was the same as he wore on Hoth. But presumably without the extra thermal layer that bulked up his jacket.

star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-4934.jpg

I hope the fat suit are removable then. I’ve been waiting for this figure since the day they announced they got the SW license! My ultimate scene would be this guy, R2 and Yoda. :rock

I replaced the photo with one that shows the boots in more detail. They're wet from the swamp, but you can see the three lighter coloured straps around them.

4k-swempire-starwarsscreencaps.com-7327.jpg

Even with the same thick fur boots?

There are basically three looks for the jacket (fat, medium and thin) and four distinct looks for the boots (two for the grey/biege/white straps - fat and thin, and two for the thinner more Bespin style boots - pale/white and dark/tan.) The Dago arrival boots are similar to the later Bespin boots. The only places where the really fat boots appear is where Hamill was in real snow.

It's hilarious that they sent the ****** one to Sideshow.

:lol

Yeah it was like a classic setup. Send SS the crap proto so they can laugh to themselves for a few days that their older version was way better, then....

BAM !! In your face Sideshow !!!

Probably never was planned like that at all, but I like to think Howard is a sly little bugger :lol

I was planning to pick up this figure no matter what, but that updated proto from HT looks SO much better. Will the final production pieces really have that amount and quality of weathering, though? It makes the figure look amazing, but I'm not used to seeing it on a HT fig...

I was planning to pick up this figure no matter what, but that updated proto from HT looks SO much better. Will the final production pieces really have that amount and quality of weathering, though? It makes the figure look amazing, but I'm not used to seeing it on a HT fig...

I was also surprised with the amount of weathering. I would almost bet they did that too reduce the amount of shinyness from the slicker material. It does seem a bit that way further down the arm.

But its a prototype, I guess we'll see.

There are basically three looks for the jacket (fat, medium and thin) and four distinct looks for the boots (two for the grey/biege/white straps - fat and thin, and two for the thinner more Bespin style boots - pale/white and dark/tan.) The Dago arrival boots are similar to the later Bespin boots. The only places where the really fat boots appear is where Hamill was in real snow.

Luckily I still have these in my spare box :lol

0BBA6B23-F599-4626-A31A-CBE1517DBFE2.jpg

Last edited:
Do you guys thinks this may get the DX treatment and comes with two clothes, the Snowspeeder and the bespin suit?

Back