Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?m a one per shelf guy. Too many fingers on a shelf make them look like affordable toys. Which they are definitely not. Each figure deserves to shine.
[emoji817] This. One figure per detolf shelf. Each needs to be represented and displayed proper. Two at the very max. Three is unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

One looks great, and while I agree generally that less is more, Star Wars has so many pairings where the sum is greater than the individual parts.

Han without Chewie? R2 without 3PO? A good mix of one and two seems best for me, but in reality it's mostly all pairs. Need to get another shelf or two.

Two per shelf unless there?s one tall towering character and two normal sized characters (e.g. K2SO, Chirrut, and Jyn) or one small character and two normal sized characters (e.g. Wicket, Endor Leia, and Endor Luke). So, three per shelf can be done as long you get creative. What looks wrong is when you have three characters of the same height together on a shelf (although I?m sure there are exceptions to this rule).

Two per shelf unless there?s one tall towering character and two normal sized characters (e.g. K2SO, Chirrut, and Jyn) or one small character and two normal sized characters (e.g. Wicket, Endor Leia, and Endor Luke). So, three per shelf can be done as long you get creative. What looks wrong is when you have three characters of the same height together on a shelf (although I?m sure there are exceptions to this rule).

You are correct same height groupings with more than 2 figures risks blending everything together throwing everything off especially under poor lighting conditions.

Even with my Marvel Legends and Black Series I use step shelving to give each line its own line of sight.

You ever see those ML and BS collections with 300 figures all on the same shelf with the same height yikes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had one or two figs per shelf, I'd need an Amazon fulfilment warehouse sized collection room.:slap

How I wish I had a slim 15-20 figure collection to tastefully scatter among 5 or 6 Detolfs.:lol

You are correct same height groupings with more than 2 figures risks blending everything together throwing everything off especially under poor lighting conditions.

Even with my Marvel Legends and Black Series I use step shelving to give each line its own line of sight.

You ever see those ML and BS collections with 300 figures all on the same shelf with the same height yikes lol

That reminds me 300 figures on the same shelf, Justin does the same thing with Hot Toys figures. Imagine having $50,000-100,000 (a rough guess) worth of figures all crammed together and packed so tight no-one can really see them. That?s like having a Ferrari and putting it at the back of a dark garage under a dust sheet.

That reminds me 300 figures on the same shelf, Justin does the same thing with Hot Toys figures. Imagine having $50,000-100,000 (a rough guess) worth of figures all crammed together and packed so tight no-one can really see them. That?s like having a Ferrari and putting it at the back of a dark garage under a dust sheet.

Space constraints is the great equalizer.

No matter if you have $100,000 or $1,000,000 disposable income dedication for collectibles each year YOU WILL STILL EVENTUALLY RUN OUT OF SPACE!

Build another mansion, no problem right.

Guess what YOU WILL STILL EVENTUALLY RUN OUT OF SPACE LOL

The lesson here is don?t collect to the point of over clutter.

Last edited:
Space constraints is the great equalizer.

No matter if you have $100,000 or $1,000,000 disposable income dedication for collectibles each year YOU WILL STILL EVENTUALLY RUN OUT OF SPACE!

Build another mansion, no problem right.

Guess what YOU WILL STILL EVENTUALLY RUN OUT OF SPACE LOL

The lesson here is don?t collect to the point of over clutter.

This is honestly what dictates my purchases these days. The rising costs of Hot Toys is much less of an issue for me than the simple availability of space in my home office.

Space is not an issue for me and I believe one entire detolf per figure is ideal. I can't believe people cram four figures into a single detolf, with another on top sometimes (!), looks cluttered. :lecture Lately I've started to say forget the figures and just collect the detolfs, much cleaner display.

Space is not an issue for me and I believe one entire detolf per figure is ideal. I can't believe people cram four figures into a single detolf, with another on top sometimes (!), looks cluttered. :lecture Lately I've started to say forget the figures and just collect the detolfs, much cleaner display.

That's okay I guess, but if you're gonna do it right, a single sheet of low-iron glass suspended in a white room by matte black finished steel cable is the only way to go. The essence of collecting distilled down into a singular, pure and immutable reference. :lecture

One per. With the rare exception of two. Example: Fett with Carbonite. Joel with Ellie. I also have Civil War Cap with Tony. And plan to put a Gandalf in with Frodo once Crown Gandalf releases.

I do have assemble case with Star Wars. Fellowship of the Ring and Marvel shelves. But as detolfs go I can't mix.

If I get more detolfs for my SW. I'd probably do Threepio with R2. And Endor Heroes together. 20200811_111420.jpg

Your basement is like a museum.

I have to suffer with a portion of a room and only 5 detolfs. Many of my shelves are what you'd call cluttered. 5x Guardians of the Galaxy together... the 7 main heroes of Star Wars together, etc. I would like to streamline my shelves at some point, but it doesn't take long for them to fill up again.

One per. With the rare exception of two. Example: Fett with Carbonite. Joel with Ellie. I also have Civil War Cap with Tony. And plan to put a Gandalf in with Frodo once Crown Gandalf releases.

I do have assemble case with Star Wars. Fellowship of the Ring and Marvel shelves. But as detolfs go I can't mix.

If I get more detolfs for my SW. I'd probably do Threepio with R2. And Endor Heroes together. View attachment 492863

That's how its done!!!

Your basement is like a museum.

I have to suffer with a portion of a room and only 5 detolfs. Many of my shelves are what you'd call cluttered. 5x Guardians of the Galaxy together... the 7 main heroes of Star Wars together, etc. I would like to streamline my shelves at some point, but it doesn't take long for them to fill up again.
Oh man! I just couldn't do it. My ocd would likely kill me.
That's how its done!!!
Thanks man, but the down side to this set up is you do run out of space super quick. And no matter how much room you have you can only get so many detolfs till you run out.

In hot toys mind, they put up 2 Star Wars figures in July (regular and stap anakin), so they get to skip August. We have a small window to get one ot figure up for preorder before mando season 2. That sounds ridiculous, but it is true. Sideshow must be laughing at us, we took their figures for granted.

If I get more detolfs for my SW. I'd probably do Threepio with R2. And Endor Heroes together. View attachment 492863

Fantastic displays, I don't think I've ever seen a custom Bender before, nice!

For me personally, I don't mind a bit of cramming, obviously space is the issue, but I don't think it takes anything away from the incredible figures to have 2-3 others standing next to them on a shelf, the headsculpts and outfits look just as good. I do try to set up scenes if I can too. They're figures so I like to mess with them and mix it up.

Fantastic displays, I don't think I've ever seen a custom Bender before, nice!

For me personally, I don't mind a bit of cramming, obviously space is the issue, but I don't think it takes anything away from the incredible figures to have 2-3 others standing next to them on a shelf, the headsculpts and outfits look just as good. I do try to set up scenes if I can too. They're figures so I like to mess with them and mix it up.
Thanks! Yup, I needed to make a Bender. One of my favorite characters from the 80s! Judd Nelson NAILED IT!

Here's a quick showcase video I made (not to derail the thread [emoji51] too late..)

https://youtu.be/X1Kq2HpUo8I

As others have said, awesome display, Rzeznikk. Dig the consistent backgrounds. Probably makes quite the impression in person. :clap

I'm much more inclined to isolate characters with a unique franchise to a single shelf (Deckard, Indy, Iron Man). But with so much of my display being Star Wars there's a lot of natural pairings to capitalize on ... and then of course, space.

Um, looks like your Jaws shark ate someone.:lol

I have so many SW figs I'm gathering them not only by just movie or affiliation anymore, more by location. I've got a rebels Hoth cabinet, an Imperials Hoth cabinet, an ANH Tatooine creatures/droids cabinet, etc. - each with 7-10 figures in each.:slap

Thanks! Yup, I needed to make a Bender. One of my favorite characters from the 80s! Judd Nelson NAILED IT!

I recently re-watched TBC and found the Bender character to have aged problematically (and even how the movie deals with him and his interactions with Molly Ringwald.) But who knows - maybe the current era is frying my brain, along with parenthood.:lol

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pilot)

【Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (SnowspeederTM Pilot) Collectible Figure
(Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection) 】with specially designed retro style packaging

?Echo station Five-Seven. We?re on our way!? - Luke Skywalker

During the Battle of Hoth in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Luke SkywalkerTM piloted a SnowspeederTM, led the Rebel Alliance against the Empire?s ground forces, and instructed the other snowspeeder pilots to use their harpoons and cables to aim for the legs in an attempt to take down the massive Imperial AT-AT[emoji769] walkers in order to give the Rebels enough time to evacuate the snow planet.

In celebrating the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Hot Toys is excited to introduce a series of collectibles based on this iconic film! Now, Hot Toys is delighted to officially present the 1/6th scale collectible figure of Luke Skywalker in his flight suit and helmet that he wore on Hoth, as the latest release of The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection!

The highly-accurate Luke Skywalker collectible figure is expertly crafted based on his appearance in the movie, features a head sculpt with newly sculpted hair sculpture, finely tailored Snowspeeder outfit and life support unit on chest, a LED light-up lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a highly-detailed flight helmet, a grappling gun, a blaster, a thermal detonator, a snow-themed diorama set-up with a figure stand all in the specially designed retro style packaging!

Star Wars fans don?t miss the chance to add this new Luke Skywalker collectible figure to your treasured display!

#HotToys #Collectibles #SixthScale #Lucasfilm #StarWars #TheEmpireStrikesBack #LukeSkywalker #SnowspeederPilot

IMG_3551.jpg

View attachment 493070
IMG_3552.jpg
IMG_3553.jpg
IMG_3554.jpg
IMG_3557.jpg
IMG_3558.jpg
IMG_3559.jpg
IMG_3560.jpg
IMG_3561.jpg
IMG_3562.jpg
IMG_3563.jpg