Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised a 3rd party has not made clothing sets for Fleet / Hoth / Death Star troopers. Buyers supply their own heads and bodies, so a bit of variation in body size and height is possible. They will likely want more than one, so increased sales. Unlicensed figures get made all the time, so why not these?

I'm surprised a 3rd party has not made clothing sets for Fleet / Hoth / Death Star troopers. Buyers supply their own heads and bodies, so a bit of variation in body size and height is possible. They will likely want more than one, so increased sales. Unlicensed figures get made all the time, so why not these?

This has been the million dollar question for decades.

There has been 3rd party Imperial uniform on Aliexpress for the last year or so.
Arou d the time Tarkin was released I managed to pick up an extra Tarkin outfit on Aliexpress. It looks to be an exact HT uniform.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

It's an easy swap in fairness. Just sourcing the older figures is getting expensive.
971f4c01bd7306f92d49c41627845f1f.jpg

It's an easy swap in fairness. Just sourcing the older figures is getting expensive.
971f4c01bd7306f92d49c41627845f1f.jpg

Yep I agree! It's an easy swap if you can track down the SS Rebel Fleet Trooper. Change out the body and find a generic head sculpt and it looks great. I went a little further and upgraded the helmet too.
After this years poor showing by HT, I've all but given up on holding out on updates for particular figures. I'm in the process of tracking down a few SS figures that still look great imo like Greedo and Gam Guard. But your right it's getting harder and harder to find some of the SS figures for decent prices.
I'm currently in the process of changing out the head sculpt on my Endor Rebel Soldier, and I am putting together a Death Star Trooper (since HT refuses to release theres) and a second Imperial Officer, this one in the grey uniform.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_261d.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_261d.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 233
  • fullsizeoutput_27ce.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_27ce.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 226
  • fullsizeoutput_263c.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_263c.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 219
Those are great customs but I have to imagine a HT version would have a bit more polish the way their criminally unreleased Death Star Trooper had.

Also, if anyone wants to pronounce Michael Caine the way he would, just slip on his accent and say "my cocaine."

HT take notice we are discussing Zulu Dawn in a forum thread about HT SW products what does that tell you about your SW line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
HT take notice we are discussing Zulu Dawn in a forum thread about HT SW products what does that tell you about your SW line.

That no one cares about this figure and the (good) prototype should go straight to Howard's personal collection...

...and in 20 years the bad prototype will turn up for auction somewhere after it was discovered amongst the effects of a former employee and go on to set a sixth scale sales record

That no one cares about this figure and the (good) prototype should go straight to Howard's personal collection...

...and in 20 years the bad prototype will turn up for auction somewhere after it was discovered amongst the effects of a former employee and go on to set a sixth scale sales record

The mythic HT grapple gun firing Luke!

In hot toys mind, they put up 2 Star Wars figures in July (regular and stap anakin), so they get to skip August. We have a small window to get one ot figure up for preorder before mando season 2. That sounds ridiculous, but it is true. Sideshow must be laughing at us, we took their figures for granted.

In hot toys mind, they put up 2 Star Wars figures in July (regular and stap anakin), so they get to skip August. We have a small window to get one ot figure up for preorder before mando season 2. That sounds ridiculous, but it is true. Sideshow must be laughing at us, we took their figures for granted.

Savage

That sounds ridiculous, but it is true. Sideshow must be laughing at us, we took their figures for granted.

Ha. I’ll take slow releases and incomplete lines any day over SS 1/6 figures with their inflated prices, lower quality, poor likenesses, and floppy bodies. I’d rather own a handful of quality HT figures than any number of SS figures.

I've owned enough Hot Toys and Sideshow figures over the years to always prefer a slower release of higher quality figures.

Back