Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I remember hearing that stores had to adhere to minimum pre-order numbers back in the day to keep in good standing, and that this policy maybe came to ahead with the TFA figures. Nearly every store imaginable got stuck with these figures so it's hard to believe that they all were victim to pre-order cancellations and drastic over ordering, etc.

It used to often be the case that some HT would be so overproduced that they would get massive 30% to 40% off sales during Sideshow's spook week, early Avengers figures like Banner, the mime 89 Joker, I remember those getting deep discounts when I first started collecting. Pretty sure even the die cast Robocop got discounted at some point. It's seemingly more and more rare that HT figures linger too long now, even before COVID. Really wish edition sizes were made public like SS did back in the day.
I've heard that too. Awhile back I asked one of my local Comic Shops about carrying 1:6/Sideshow and he told me that in order to get a wholesale license with Sideshow they have to make at least $15k in sales a month.

I dont know if that was ******** or not. Just spoke with another store a couple days ago and they said they never heard anything about that rule.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I thought I remember hearing that stores had to adhere to minimum pre-order numbers back in the day to keep in good standing, and that this policy maybe came to ahead with the TFA figures. Nearly every store imaginable got stuck with these figures so it's hard to believe that they all were victim to pre-order cancellations and drastic over ordering, etc.

It used to often be the case that some HT would be so overproduced that they would get massive 30% to 40% off sales during Sideshow's spook week, early Avengers figures like Banner, the mime 89 Joker, I remember those getting deep discounts when I first started collecting. Pretty sure even the die cast Robocop got discounted at some point. It's seemingly more and more rare that HT figures linger too long now, even before COVID. Really wish edition sizes were made public like SS did back in the day.

That may have been the case as far as minimum order number. But I guess that is more coming from Sideshow than Hot Toys. My point is more when I see "over-produced" it gives the indication that Hot Toys make to a pre-set number of figures of their own calculation leading to "over-production". They don't. Maybe TFA was a turning point where SS changed their model ? Now it's just like any smaller scale dude like JazzInc or whoever. They make to pre-order plus x for spares, etc. That's all I'm trying to say.

Anyway, no doubt these days shops and SS have got their pre-ordering system down-pat and also some experience now on how many are needed for spares etc that it runs more smoothly now.

That being said, if people sleep on pre-ordering it will come to figures like the Mudtrooper or Yondu where Hot Toys simply doesn't make many because not many were pre-ordered. The extras that SS may have (probably based on the number pre-ordered) will also quickly dry up.

To me that's why pre-ordering is important, or if unsure, be ready to do it as soon as it releases.

Anyway back to Snowspeeder Luke. Definitely one I'll be pre-ordering !!

Nothing today. Who are we kidding, the next preorder will be porcelain iron man or old captain America from endgame. Maybe polka dot spider man.

Nothing today. Who are we kidding, the next preorder will be porcelain iron man or old captain America from endgame. Maybe polka dot spider man.

Yep, the way Spiderman is going polka dot is a definite ! I just can't believe they announced this 40th Anniversary ESB line, and we've had 2 from it, and we're in August ! No doubt they'll just keep it running it until the 50th.

I mean they never like to make too many figures also for reasons of collectors running out of dough. But with Mando now coming hot and fast, they've missed their chance for a couple of ESB figures ! Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, Bespin Lando, Snowspeeder Luke. OK we know them all.

So frustrating !

Still no sign of a PO for this guy. Why is it so hard to give Hot Toys my money?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

If it follows jango's path, it's possible we'll see him at a couple more summer conventions seasons before it goes up.

HT has yet to give me what I consider to be the ultimate in SW collectibles.

Tantive IV Rebel alliance troopers.

How do you give us ANH stormtroopers but not the other side. :slap

That opening scene is everything for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT has yet to give me what I consider to be the ultimate in SW collectibles.

Tantive IV Rebel alliance troopers.

How do you give us ANH stormtroopers but not the other side. :slap

That opening scene is everything for me.

Never understood how these were always the forgotten figures. Started with Kenner.

I think the biggest problem is that HT doesn't like doing human sculpts on generic non-star "extra" type actors. HT now famously hasn't made the Death Trooper proto. And also no Fleet, Hoth, or Endor Rebels. Sucks!!!

you can probably get the sideshow tantive 4 troops and put different head sculpts on them?

The helmet's just-okay, but the outfit cut/sew and belt is pretty dated now though. I do like the boots and pistol though.

Also, it's pretty $$$ for a dated old Sideshow figure.

I think the biggest problem is that HT doesn't like doing human sculpts on generic non-star "extra" type actors. HT now famously hasn't made the Death Trooper proto. And also no Fleet, Hoth, or Endor Rebels. Sucks!!!

Yeah that's one reason why I never really expected those troopers. It's too much work for them. What's the Remnant Trooper cost, $205? A normal trooper probably would cost $235-240 the most. So to them, it's little profit for a lot more work.

Yeah that's one reason why I never really expected those troopers. It's too much work for them. What's the Remnant Trooper cost, $205? A normal trooper probably would cost $235-240 the most. So to them, it's little profit for a lot more work.

It's probably also the reason for them not doing the DS Trooper right.

Only time Vader physically chokes someone and we can?t even have a display of this thanks for nothing HT.

34fc21211218e67f2a4ad0d1b1ddf62c.jpg

Unfortunately not even the BS trooper can get into screen accurate squat posture and rest his arm on his knee or a standing double gun grip not even close. :gah:

Not that I expect a HT to do it either. :slap

c1dd5b14bb49b102eaf72fd3bbe1d9a9.jpg

65a99689cabec46456c794db3d7d0c83.jpg

I will go watch more footage of the beirut bombing to remind me of my first world problems.

Back