1/6 Hot Toys Sith Trooper – Early Release Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1: I absolutely love the conflict going on in Kylo. He’s the deepest character SW ever had.
2: The tension between Rey and Kylo is thrilling
3: I like Luke’s journey and that he’s a much deeper character than he used to be. Also there was no other way after ESB and TFA

...there, you got 3 points.

I mostly agree with these 3 points, but I apply them more so to the set up (safe as it was) of TFA. Where as I feel like TLJ dropped the ball on all three points. Thanks for sharing though.

I mostly agree with these 3 points, but I apply them more so to the set up (safe as it was) of TFA. Where as I feel like TLJ dropped the ball on all three points. Thanks for sharing though.

TFA set it up yes, but didn’t go very deep. And it all drowned in nostalgic fan pleasing and new ‘death stars’.

TFA set it up yes, but didn’t go very deep. And it all drowned in nostalgic fan pleasing and new ‘death stars’.

I do agree those were definitely the weaknesses of TFA. Some nostalgia was good and needed I think though.

Stuff like seeing Han and Chewie step on to the falcon for the first time in years is awesome to me. The nostalgia that felt stale was more with the familiarity of the story beats. Stuff like the new death star you mentioned or starting off on yet another desert planet.

And yes it wasn't very deep, but I just didn't feel the payoff with a lot of the treatment of the characters, both new and old in TLJ.

HT finally announced this on their homepage... but only with the same two pics we already saw. I guess they're waiting until SDCC to reveal any more.

Of the recent shown figures this is the one I want the most.

Abrams will undo TLJ as much as he can. Luke will return, Kylo reassemble his mask, Palpatine ... and time travel.

I hope they don't do that time travel crap but if they do then bring back Solo and kill off the aged badly Leia.

1: I absolutely love the conflict going on in Kylo. He’s the deepest character SW ever had.
3: I like Luke’s journey and that he’s a much deeper character than he used to be. Also there was no other way after ESB and TFA

...there, you got 3 points as you asked for. And those three points alone are enough for me to appreciate the movie.

And I have to give you a fourth just to be nice to you. I very much like that TLJ emphasizes that the force belongs to everyone again. That you don’t have to be of a specific family to be blessed with the force. Rey is no one! Everyone can potentially be a hero and make a difference! It makes the force relatable.
...not to mention that the acting was better than in any other SW movie which deepened the characters a whole lot.

PS: if you think it’s so strange that I like it, and that I might be the only person on planet Earth who does, you should probably get out of this forum that has more or less eradicated the people who enjoy (some of) the new movies (besides R1). It’s absolutely impossible to say anything positive about this movie without being torn open by the naysayers. Out in the real world there’s loads of people who enjoyed this movie - but I don’t need to tell you that.
You continuously say that you find it interesting that there’s more and more agreement in the forum that TLJ sucked. The funny thing though is that it isn’t people changing their mind it’s just the same 10 people commenting and pleasing each other. Most users who liked the movie had stopped commenting unless it’s in older TLJ figure specific threads where the angry crowd has left.

And if you like YouTube so much you should see this and many many more. Just chose two for the sake of it: (but I guess you already watched these since you expect me to watch a bunch of men pissed that RJ ruined their childhood ;-)
https://youtu.be/PXCLJp541Pw
https://youtu.be/wpu1TfjNrhk

I am pleased for those who can find something worthwhile in TLJ.

I know one person who really enjoyed it. And he has 0 interest in the Star Wars universe, he just likes movies and doesn't try and join the lore together.
But that is it. Everyone from die hards, to casual fans I know, either thought it was alright or absolute garbage.

I could spend all day making points as to why I hated it but it has been done to death.

I am happy to view EP7 and 8 as just some mad cheese dream, unless somehow they can rectify what I consider a total mess in the final film.

ESB has the best acting by far of any Star Wars film imo.

I am pleased for those who can find something worthwhile in TLJ.
But that is it. Everyone from die hards, to casual fans I know, either thought it was alright or absolute garbage.

I'm also pleased for those who can find something worthwhile in TLJ. That's partially why I asked the question.

In the past I often saw many people simply defending their liking of the film, as they were entrenched in their "camp".

It is interesting that while I can also appreciate some of the good points, when I judge the film, the bad points exceed the good ones significantly.

Perhaps some of the people who like the film simply aren't affected by the bad points as much as others ??

In any case I don't want to re-start any debate. Just interesting for me to get a few core reasons of why someone really likes TLJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just one more day until done potential more info on SDCC figures.

I wonder if we'll get any more Ep9 figures ?

I really only need flightsuit Poe. But am only collecting a few core ST figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They announced Maul, which means we might not get another PO. Whatever new they show at SDCC will not be up for PO right away. I think Poe and Padame along with OT Han will make people happy. I'll get this Sith Trooper, but not this early release version, eBay prices at the moment are insane to say the least.

Perhaps some of the people who like the film simply aren't affected by the bad points as much as others ??

Yes that’s exactly it.
Yes, I think the Finn/Rose adventure was longer than it should have been. Yes, I don’t really like Holdo and find her hair and outfit lazy and a bit stupid. Yes, I wanted Ackbar to have had a more heroic death. Yes, I wasn’t a fan of the Leia in space scene. Yes, I didn’t like Luke throwing the lightsaber. BUT the main storyline, Luke’s story and the Kylo/Rey dynamic by far outweighs that for me. The movie has “personality”.

Yes that’s exactly it.
Yes, I think the Finn/Rose adventure was longer than it should have been. Yes, I don’t really like Holdo and find her hair and outfit lazy and a bit stupid. Yes, I wanted Ackbar to have had a more heroic death. Yes, I wasn’t a fan of the Leia in space scene. Yes, I didn’t like Luke throwing the lightsaber. BUT the main storyline, Luke’s story and the Kylo/Rey dynamic by far outweighs that for me. The movie has “personality”.

Good summary. As much as i don't like TLJ, i agree. Funny enough, i find Adam Driver's Kylo as deepest character in SW universe, also very well acted which again is deviation from many new characters from ST.

I chatted with SS today and inquired about this figure being available on the website. It seems, at least for now, that this will only be available at the con. I was told that there was "a chance" any remaining stock could be sold online, but it wasn't a guarantee.

Are people really in that much of hurry to get this? I'm willing to bet the regular version down the road will probably be superior anyway.

...there, you got 3 points as you asked for. And those three points alone are enough for me to appreciate the movie.

And I have to give you a fourth just to be nice to you. I very much like that TLJ emphasizes that the force belongs to everyone again. That you don’t have to be of a specific family to be blessed with the force. Rey is no one! Everyone can potentially be a hero and make a difference! It makes the force relatable.
...not to mention that the acting was better than in any other SW movie which deepened the characters a whole lot.

PS: if you think it’s so strange that I like it, and that I might be the only person on planet Earth who does, you should probably get out of this forum that has more or less eradicated the people who enjoy (some of) the new movies (besides R1). It’s absolutely impossible to say anything positive about this movie without being torn open by the naysayers. Out in the real world there’s loads of people who enjoyed this movie - but I don’t need to tell you that.
You continuously say that you find it interesting that there’s more and more agreement in the forum that TLJ sucked. The funny thing though is that it isn’t people changing their mind it’s just the same 10 people commenting and pleasing each other. Most users who liked the movie had stopped commenting unless it’s in older TLJ figure specific threads where the angry crowd has left.

And if you like YouTube so much you should see this and many many more. Just chose two for the sake of it: (but I guess you already watched these since you expect me to watch a bunch of men pissed that RJ ruined their childhood ;-)
https://youtu.be/PXCLJp541Pw
https://youtu.be/wpu1TfjNrhk

Exactly. I've muted my defense of TLJ lately because I've been relentlessly attacked for my positions in the past and have been called everything from an "SJW" to a "beta male." I feel like I've said my piece and don't need to substantively engage further. I just chime in occasionally to show moral support to others. Otherwise, I try to stick to talking about the figures.

Agree with all of those. I loved seeing a more haunted Luke who isn't quite the perfect and noble hero we expected, and the interactions between Rey and Kylo were some of the best and most artfully directed I've ever seen in a SW movie. And I also loved how it wasn't afraid to question the basic mythology and how we view the Jedi.

I certainly agree with most that the Holdo and Canto Bight stuff doesn't work very well, but for me the Luke/Rey/Kylo scenes are so strong and compelling that they easily make up for the rest.

TFA might be the more "fun" movie, but TLJ is the far richer and more interesting one to me.

I don’t like the film as a whole, but as I’ve said in the past and still say now, I personally liked Luke’s portrayal in TLJ. Rey I thought was pretty good, Kylo I thought was okay, and everything else I thought was pretty forgettable.

I pretty much only like the Ahch-To scenes, and then the final scene with Luke and Kylo.

Back