Hot Toys should do Reeve Superman BEFORE Keaton Batman!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it might be fun to speculate on what we would like to see if HT got the hint.
My preference?
A Reeve version of no less than this;

superman_returns_13.jpg

The 2 in 1 figure with alternate head and Clark Kent outfit.

Headsculpt 1;

portrait5-1.jpg

This STM publicity still has, I think, just the right sardonic edge.

Headsculpt 2

CW-STM-Reeve-Kent-01.jpg

Again, I think this captures the mannerism of Reeve's Kent completely. The suit should be the first scenes in the Planet as pictured. I love the hat but could live without it.

The body;

pose2.jpg

Should look no less buff than this. Therefore I have concerns about which body may be used - I personally think the one used on the Routh suited him as he was skinny anyhow but Reeve had long legs and a short torso. This also gives an idea of the complete figure. Can you imagine this staring out at you from a window box!?!

As accessories go I'd like to see;

* The green crystal
* The Kryptonite necklace
* Removable glasses
* Alternate 'flying' hands

One step further - customs could include -

* Donner cut depowering scene
* 'Evil' Superman from III
* Helicopter rescue reveal

I also propose HT re-release the Returns Jor-El in the black trial robes with Phantom Zone crystal.

:)

Im holding my breath for this figure,with DCD and their statue the hope is still alive for a HT figure.

Im holding my breath for this figure,with DCD and their statue the hope is still alive for a HT figure.

I see absolutely NO reason for Hot Toys not making a Reeves Superman eventually. If DCD can get a license i'm more than positive HT's will too.

Its a no brainer. Just a matter of time.

Mattel has mentioned that their Movie Masters line includes all the Batman and Superman filmes (except Adam West stuff) and that they are likely going to explore some of them when the Dark Knight/BB stuff dies down.

Sure its not Hot Toys, but there is still a chance for a Reeve Superman here.

Should look no less buff than this. Therefore I have concerns about which body may be used - I personally think the one used on the Routh suited him as he was skinny anyhow

Well no he wasn't quite that skinny. Personally I'd love to switch out the body on my 2in1 for something buffer but I'm too afraid to ruin the suit...plus what if it didn't fit a larger body.

Yeah, Routh was more buff than Reeve. I think the TT would work just fine but if they could reduce the shoulder width a bit it would be a perfect match to Reeve.

Reeve Superman is the defining portrayal of a Superhero on film and deserves to be presented in 1/6 scale form.

Reeve Superman > everyone else.

So it might be fun to speculate on what we would like to see if HT got the hint.
My preference?
A Reeve version of no less than this;

superman_returns_13.jpg

The 2 in 1 figure with alternate head and Clark Kent outfit.

Headsculpt 1;

portrait5-1.jpg

This STM publicity still has, I think, just the right sardonic edge.

Headsculpt 2

CW-STM-Reeve-Kent-01.jpg

Again, I think this captures the mannerism of Reeve's Kent completely. The suit should be the first scenes in the Planet as pictured. I love the hat but could live without it.

The body;

pose2.jpg

Should look no less buff than this. Therefore I have concerns about which body may be used - I personally think the one used on the Routh suited him as he was skinny anyhow but Reeve had long legs and a short torso. This also gives an idea of the complete figure. Can you imagine this staring out at you from a window box!?!

As accessories go I'd like to see;

* The green crystal
* The Kryptonite necklace
* Removable glasses
* Alternate 'flying' hands

One step further - customs could include -

* Donner cut depowering scene
* 'Evil' Superman from III
* Helicopter rescue reveal

I also propose HT re-release the Returns Jor-El in the black trial robes with Phantom Zone crystal.

Reeves. IS. Superman.

none of the other actors before of after him captured it as well as him. i mean cmon, look at him. he is superman! looks like the comic come to life! Routh wasnt too bad but he looked way too young, more like superboy then super man

I would buy a Reeve Superman for sure. I think like a lot of people that Reeve is Superman. I don't like Superman all that much but I did enjoy the first two Reeve movies, and I would love a Reeve Superman

What's great about Reeve's Superman is that if you go back and look at the screen tests he appeared a skinny and awkward looking guy in a sweaty Superman costume; but on film he became Superman. For me the defining moment is when he takes his glasses off in Lois' apartment, as he contemplates telling her. All he does is straighten his back but I swear he transforms from Clark to Superman in seconds and it required no CGI!

It's because of Chris Reeve I think a guy could disguise himself with a pair of glasses.:lol

A Hot Toys' Reeve Superman is an automatic buy. No question.

For me the defining moment is when he takes his glasses off in Lois' apartment, as he contemplates telling her. All he does is straighten his back but I swear he transforms from Clark to Superman in seconds and it required no CGI!

It's because of Chris Reeve I think a guy could disguise himself with a pair of glasses.:lol

A Hot Toys' Reeve Superman is an automatic buy. No question.

Damn straight on all accounts, however ESPECIALLY the scene you mentioned. Fave....bit....ever.

Back