Hot Toys should do Reeve Superman BEFORE Keaton Batman!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I never really care that much to find out when a famous person I like turns out to be a total ass. I figure they are human and most humans are total asses. I like them for their talent, nothing else.

Back to topic.

I kind of agree, since Reeve is still my definitive Superman. But it's still disapointing.

Anyway, Hot Toys still really needs to get permission to do a Reeve Superman!

In the book Superman Vs. Hollywood both Prowse and Jack Halloran don't have nice things to say about Reeve. But Halloran said that he did change after the accident. And other interviews said different, more positive things about him. I'd imagine that like most people he was a dick some days and nice guy other days and the 2 big guys who didn't look like Superman may have rubbed him the wrong way on occaision.

I would love a Reeves Superman, for me its a must, if not can we please get a custom sculpt so I can send it to Josh for paint? :cool:

"Hot Toys should do Reeve Superman BEFORE Keaton Batman! "

Absolutely!!! Christopher Reeve is my #1 Most Wanted 1/6 scale figure. Even moreso than a Darth Vader. Reeve is an icon and a true hero at heart! :rock

In the book Superman Vs. Hollywood both Prowse and Jack Halloran don't have nice things to say about Reeve. But Halloran said that he did change after the accident. And other interviews said different, more positive things about him. I'd imagine that like most people he was a dick some days and nice guy other days and the 2 big guys who didn't look like Superman may have rubbed him the wrong way on occaision.

Just curious, but what did Halloran say?

Just curious, but what did Halloran say?

That he was modest at first, but got self-important and started seeing himself as the star of the film and got a whiney.

However others said that Reeve was a consumate professional and endured the horrible working conditions without complaint.

On a lighter note they said the TV Series Batmobile was out of bounds as well.
I ve had mine 3 weeks now...:rolleyes:

I'd take a Reeve Superman any day over a Keaton batman.

It would be nice to see a Hot Toys's Superman figure from Superman 1,2 and 3, one or two (why not tree) Clarks editions, and of course a variant edition of the dark and kryptonite affected Superman from Superman 3. Of course Zod, Ursa and Non are welcome.:D

See that list of possibles characters for a bunch of Hot Toys Figures:
Reeve - Superman Regular Ed. (Superman I and II) :drool
Reeve - Clark Kent Regular Ed. (Superman I and II)
Gene Hackman - Lex Luthor (with the chained kryptonite, jejeje)
Marlon Brando - Black suit (Superman II):bow
Zod (Superman II):drool
Ursa (Superman II)
Non (Superman II)
Reeve - Bad Superman (Superman III):drool
Reeve - Clark Kent (Superman III)
Solar Man (Superman IV) (I hate him!) :pow

That's too many figures. I hope some day Hot Toys release some of them. :D

I think the best thing HT could do would be to appeal to the Reeve Foundation and come up with a % of the sale that would satisfy both parties. I believe that the Reeve children are now running it, so they would be the ones to give the okay. I think HT could throw their $120+ price tag on it and most would pay that, but the biggest hurdle would be WB. But then again, it's kinda dickish to say "no way" to something that's for charity.

I emailed both the Reeve Foundation, to find out who holds the likeness rights for Reeve, and Hot Toys, to ask if a Reeve figure is something they might consider. I haven't had a reply yet, but if and when I do I'll post it here. When I find out who holds the Reeve likeness rights I'll contact WB to ask them what their objections might be if any. I'm a journalist by profession (although I'm not working at the moment) and it's fun to try and track down the reasons for this, and the exact people responsible for making a decision on such a figure.

I've really got my teeth into this now - I'm sure if we start asking questions (nicely) and making our feelings known (again, nicely) it would come under consideration at least.

I agree with the previous poster - I'm sure if a percentage was given to charity it could be a great publicity tool for all concerned, and more importantly, do some good for the Reeve Foundation.

A Reeve Superman would top all of my figures,this is what i want the most.

While a Reeves Superman would mean a lot to many folks, it's not the only incarnation of a super hero yet to be done that really ought to. Lou Ferrigno as the Incredible Hulk should be immortalized in figure form, Linda Carter as Wonder Woman should be done, Adam West as Batman. While I love my custom I have, Keaton as Batman should be done as a mass produced figure, it's worthy.

I really like you Maulfan, but I'll have to put you in you place here, Comparing Christopher Reeve to the likes of Lou Ferrigno, Linda Carter & Adam West is like comparing a beaten up ford to a top of the line Ferrari! Or Terminator: TSCC to Terminator or T2... It shouldn't be done!

Captain Britain - since you initiated the contact with the Reeve foundation - I'd send them a pic of the HT Marlon Brando. If they're thinking that a toy is beneath the dignity of the foundation, they might be swayed that Brando has already been done, and done expertly.

Captain Britain - since you initiated the contact with the Reeve foundation - I'd send them a pic of the HT Marlon Brando. If they're thinking that a toy is beneath the dignity of the foundation, they might be swayed that Brando has already been done, and done expertly.

good idea!

Back