Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Matrix you've inspired me. I've looked for this guy from time to time, and as luck would have it I found one just now for $22 !

Which body was that you used exactly ?

Matrix, awesome job :clap The material for his cape looks great and drapes very well. I really like the belt you made too... used and a bit run down :)
What gloved hands did you use, Praji?s?

Wow, just checked and the prices went up on this guy, in some cases a lot. I thought he was still in the $20-$30 range, shipped?? Nice score, Hoody :)

Edit: Maul Gloves... slipped right by my eyes :lol

I?d be interested but I don?t know that I?d have the talent to make the custom parts. Matrix if you?d at all consider making extras I?d pay you for doing so.

Great figure..

70eddc00da6e8e5d572518ad569bee95.jpg

233e6340db9df146197011a6d40c92f8.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Still my favorite 1/6 Stormtrooper figure. Something about it looks so real and life like over the regular guys (even though I prefer them). Maybe it's just the quality of the weathering.

Still my favorite 1/6 Stormtrooper figure. Something about it looks so real and life like over the regular guys (even though I prefer them). Maybe it's just the quality of the weathering.

Yep totally. My first Hot Toys figure. So totally love him.

I have two now actually. Managed to pick one up cheap from a freak getting out of the game. Still haven't re-coloured his pauldron to black yet.

One of the best trooper designs.

Yep totally. My first Hot Toys figure. So totally love him.

I have two now actually. Managed to pick one up cheap from a freak getting out of the game. Still haven't re-coloured his pauldron to black yet.

You can borrow my black Sharpie?

Haha yeah. I've been putting it off cause I wanted to do a bit of research into black or white version. But Black would be easiest to colour.

Back when I was doing my Marmit Sandtrooper customs I used the MEPD costume reference library -- they have everything you need if you haven't already found them.

Haha yeah. I've been putting it off cause I wanted to do a bit of research into black or white version. But Black would be easiest to colour.

I took a black sharpie to an orange pauldron to get it completely covered, but it will have a slight purple cast to it in certain lighting conditions, so a follow up with some black paint will fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a black sharpie to an orange pauldron to get it completely covered, but it will have a slight purple cast to it in certain lighting conditions, so a follow up with some black paint will fix that.

I just used matte black acrylic paint, super easy.

Man a couple of years ago when this was going for sub-$200 I kept holding out for one to be found for $150. That ship has sailed a while ago, will have to keep my eyes open if one comes up.

I'm obviously late here...How similar are the RO Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol characters to the OT Sandtroopers? Can they pass for OT, or are they much different?

Thanks

I'm obviously late here...How similar are the RO Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol characters to the OT Sandtroopers? Can they pass for OT, or are they much different?

Thanks

They are totally different. You would be disappointed if you made the attempt to pass them off as the same thing.

...or very happy if you have zero ability to discern details.

Nobody tell them anything! Once you see the differences they cannot be unseen and that's no way to live.

Thanks

ANH on the left. Rogue One on the Right
a19fa96eb5d5a1ad3838a909a5d597b8.jpg

a36990b38e5f8c64e30b4a75108d1cc6.jpg

7b25a0a85441c8d1409a4dacb28e3272.jpg

Last edited:
Back