Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing Jedibears fantastic pics with the old Hasbro Garindan figure...i had to pick one up...

It's a nice piece for an old Hasbro..with the only real let down being the horrible boots which i swapped out for pleather ones.

I still want to replace the cloak,gloves etc...and maybe a body swap..

One of my fav characters from my fav SW movie:)

View attachment 448550View attachment 448551View attachment 448552

Wow, looks pretty nice.

After seeing Jedibears fantastic pics with the old Hasbro Garindan figure...i had to pick one up...

It's a nice piece for an old Hasbro..with the only real let down being the horrible boots which i swapped out for pleather ones.

I still want to replace the cloak,gloves etc...and maybe a body swap..

One of my fav characters from my fav SW movie:)

View attachment 448550View attachment 448551View attachment 448552

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool and great shots! Nice upgrades too. Yes, Garindan is one of those old Hasbro figures that really looks good, even now.

So I picked up a second Sandtrooper to have 2 Sandtroopers standing next to a Landspeeder.

The second Sandtrooper will need a black pauldron and perhaps some other mods. I have an airbrush, but do you need to apply a primer to pleather materials ? Or straight on ?

Not sure what else the additional Sandtrooper needs to have. I could perhaps mix up the Sandiness of the second one so he doesn't look exactly the same.

maxresdefault-14.jpg

So I picked up a second Sandtrooper to have 2 Sandtroopers standing next to a Landspeeder.

The second Sandtrooper will need a black pauldron and perhaps some other mods. I have an airbrush, but do you need to apply a primer to pleather materials ? Or straight on ?

Not sure what else the additional Sandtrooper needs to have. I could perhaps mix up the Sandiness of the second one so he doesn't look exactly the same.

View attachment 457590
Wish I had known to tell you ahead of time that jumptrooper or as Iike to call him jumpy has some of the best weathering on him, and I'd wager to say he's even better looking than sandy. He would've been an awesome alt for your other or secondary sandy. I dunno how the pleather would take to paint, but if you are gonna do it I'd go with SEM's interior paints from your local automotive paint supply place finishmaster or whatever mom and pop place near you should have a can handy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

View attachment 457590

There's really not much to do. I altered the weathering by removing the blotchy chest mark and then went back reapplying tamiya weathering master; also adding dark grey and black splatter. I tried to imitate the trooper from that same image^. Also took a black sharpie to the pauldron, which i might repaint... holds up fine. He also needs the blaster rifle that comes with the Jumptrooper, which i haven't seen parted out for a reasonable price :gah:

SandtrooperPaintMod.jpg

...and with their lil informant buddy.

Sandtroopers&Jawa.jpg

There's really not much to do. I altered the weathering by removing the blotchy chest mark and then went back reapplying tamiya weathering master; also adding dark grey and black splatter. I tried to imitate the trooper from that same image^. Also took a black sharpie to the pauldron, which i might repaint... holds up fine. He also needs the blaster rifle that comes with the Jumptrooper, which i haven't seen parted out for a reasonable price :gah:

View attachment 457618

...and with their lil informant buddy.

View attachment 457619
Really? He holds the rebel commando rifle?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back