Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's years of info/examples of Future (under many names) online if anyone's curious about that. It's acrylic based as I recall.

So this is basically floor wax? Does it yellow with time or flake after a while? I love the look but I'm a bit concerned about what I'd be doing to the figure long-term.

Also, doesn't all the HT weathering then go high-gloss as well when you put on the floor coating over it? Is that why you added your own weathering, to make the grime matte again?

I've seen the Future wax thing done with "clean" figures before, but haven't seen what you do with weathered items.

Future Floor Finish was an acrylic coating, not a wax and has been used frequently by Hobbyists for a high gloss top coat on model kits for years, it doesn't yellow or flake. It was discontinued as Future but the same formula continues as Pledge Floor Care Finish, you can find the stuff at Walmart. I've heard of some modelers dipping clear parts (windshields, canopies) in Future to make them look like glass. It's also good to add high gloss to eyes on figures.

Future Floor Finish was an acrylic coating, not a wax and has been used frequently by Hobbyists for a high gloss top coat on model kits for years, it doesn't yellow or flake. It was discontinued as Future but the same formula continues as Pledge Floor Care Finish, you can find the stuff at Walmart. I've heard of some modelers dipping clear parts (windshields, canopies) in Future to make them look like glass. It's also good to add high gloss to eyes on figures.

Great, thanks for the info.

The main problem is I'm deathly afraid of doing anything to out-of-the-box HT figs. I've done some hidden mods on SSC figs (dremeling body under arms to improve articulation etc.) but I haven't even got up the courage to attack my HT Chewy with even some light paint strokes. I'm haunted by resale fears (and the fact that Freaks like davejames are way more talented than I am.):lol

Lol, I am definitely not that talented (and there are some mods, like lowering the neckline on MOS Supes or repainting the suit on BVS Bats, that even I'm far too nervous to do). And I probably would be smarter to keep my hands off them so I could resell later if need be.

Is this acrylic coating permanent? Like acrylic paint?

Has anyone used the black Pauldron from the Jedha Stormtrooper on this figure? I was thinking of picking up a spare Pauldron.
I currently have two sandtroopeers with orange pauldrons and was thinking of changing it up.

I think it looks nice.

f103851aeb7d5d8095511b5371077644.jpg

:duff Thanks, guys! Was fun making it a bit unique with the different parts. Really liked that weird Rogue One wine rack backpack. Favorite part of the movie. :lol

Looks great indeed. I'm thinking of picking up the backpack loose for my eventual Sandtrooper squad.

Back